Bike gear for falangs in Pattaya?

Richyba

As you might recall, I've now moved to a bigger bike with a 400 Stallions and me and the good lady intend to do a bit of touring, for years I've been pushing my luck wearing shorts etc on my Phantom but I'm starting to think some kevlar might be wise, my problem is I sweat buckets in beach gear so it's got to be lightweight, also we're both big so plus sizes are needed! 

Does anyone have any recommendations without preaching about protection, I'm the biggest supporter of ATGATT when I'm at home in Ireland but I think I'm pushing my luck here! 

We are planning a trip away for a week next weekend so any pointers would be much appreciated ???? 

I'll put a few updates on the Stallions progress along the way! 

• Like 1

Thanks for that, it was kind of what I was thinking, I'm only here another 3 weeks so you might be right, sadly the days of anything being cheap here are gone! 

Guess I'll look in UK, my gear at home is all tailored towards staying warm ???? 

• Like 1

I know it's not Pattaya, but i'd have a look at Chiang Rai Saddlebags.

They can order in your size if not in stock and i hear good things about their vented jackets, 3.5-5k.

Check their website out and contact them if interested.

Edit;

just seen your answer.

Yeah, well if back in the UK, buy in the UK, get the fit right in a shop and hundreds of choices.

Edited by thaiguzzi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richyba said:

Does anyone have any recommendations without preaching about protection

Airflow m/c jacks as mentioned, angle covered boots, Denim Jeans not the coolest of trousers, m/c gloves & fullface helmet is my lot for long rides out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Airflow m/c jacks as mentioned, angle covered boots, Denim Jeans not the coolest of trousers, m/c gloves & fullface helmet is my lot for long rides out.

I'm in this camp as well. I do know at least one guy who wears skateboard/Rollerblade knee and elbow protectors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm in this camp as well. I do know at least one guy who wears skateboard/Rollerblade knee and elbow protectors.

Yeah well I don't knock anyone wearing what they want, those MotoGP blow up m/c suits are dam expensive. ????

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Again not in Pattaya, however, Panda Rider in Bangkok has a good selection of quality vented Rev’it gear.... 

It may be worth the trip... there is also Paddok in bkk which also has vented kit. 

All well & good if you are SE Asian size or Small - Medium Expat.

However, if you are 6'3" or 190cms tall in new money, and weigh 110 kgs, and take size 12 boots, choices are limited or non existent over here unless to special order.

And on high end stuff, like 150 quid boots and 150 quid jackets, i like to try, before i buy, or at least have good size options in the webshop.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

All well & good if you are SE Asian size or Small - Medium Expat.

However, if you are 6'3" or 190cms tall in new money, and weigh 110 kgs, and take size 12 boots, choices are limited or non existent over here unless to special order.

And on high end stuff, like 150 quid boots and 150 quid jackets, i like to try, before i buy, or at least have good size options in the webshop.

Agreed... I bought mystuff online from the UK when I was there... two sizes and returned what didn’t fit. Its a lot more difficult here. 

I’m not 6’3” and 110kgs... I’m 6’ and 95kgs.. Panda had stuff to fit me but its a long way to go from Pattaya to look for sizes they may not have - but, if the Op likes some kit they are showing on their website he could contact them and see if they have a size range which may make a trip more worth while. 

• Like 1