Go Fund Me appeal raises thousands for British man locked up in Thai jail

webfact

Chris Dodd, of Broadstone, is in a Thai prison

By Sarah Cartlidge

Chris Dodd new.jpg.gallery.jpg

The GoFundMe page set up for Chris Dodd

A DESPERATE family has turned to crowdfunding in a bid to help free a popular man from Broadstone who is currently in prison in Thailand.

Chris Dodd, a former Poole Grammar School student, had been travelling across Asia but has been arrested in connection with the theft of a mobile phone.

It is understood that Chris had picked up a lost mobile phone that he found on the floor and is currently in jail awaiting his case to be heard.

His mum Fiona Dodd set up a fundraising page on crowdfunding platform GoFundMe calling for members of the public to help raise £20,000 in a bid to bring the tattoo artist and Plymouth College of Art and Design graduate home.

Posting on the page, Fiona Dodd said: “As he awaits his case to be heard he has been transferred to a Thai prison. We are currently in the process of hiring the legal help we need. Expenses are going to really mount up. Mike (Chris’ dad) has flown out to support Chris and try and bring him home.”

Full story: https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17490964.chris-dodd-of-broadstone-is-in-a-thai-prison/

-- BOURNEMOUTH ECHO 2019-03-12

Besides the backpackers with lice issues, the dreadlocks (real or fake) aren't hurting anything, but otoh, it doesn't take long at all to realize a high majority of Thais don't like them, and are going to treat people differently, who have them, and that would most certainly apply to law enforcement agencies, SO WHY PLACE YOURSELF ON THEIR RADAR?  And over the years, it appears that the dreadlock people are often outspoken loudmouths, looking for some kind of confrontation, which is ironic since they are supposedly embracing the laid back Rasta lifestyle, supported by "found" merchandise, of course.

• Confused 2

He's wearing one of those hats you can buy with dread locks attached, he's actually bald.

Wow! I want that hat.  Where can I buy it? ????

As to finding a phone and keeping it - sorry, that's simple theft, nothing else.  If I found a phone, I would (and have previously done so by posting it back to the tourist in China) do all I could to find the owner.  

Clearly, some people live by a different moral code...

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Can someone I insulted on this forum give me a beating? I really need to get on this gofundme bandwagon before the novelty wears off.

save someone the bus fare, a simple dog mauling should be easy enough to obtain.