McCain family punches back at Trump's latest Twitter tirade

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump is a manifestation of the under belly of the average American psychic. it's ID. so no surprise here that he was elected. American are so gullible. what they see in Trump is only a reflection of their darkest fears and prejudice.  and yet he stays.

8 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I think many skipped Vietnam and probably for good reason.

But many did not: for example John McCain, John Kerry, Robert Mueller, with the latter two coming from wealthy families, as well as being hockey and lacrosse teammates at St. Pauls.

4173618C00000578-0-image-a-23_1497623255316.jpg

Just now, malibukid said:

Trump is a manifestation of the under belly of the average American psychic. it's ID. so no surprise here that he was elected. American are so gullible. what they see in Trump is only a reflection of their darkest fears and prejudice.  and yet he stays.

That is a ridiculous.  Have you ever stopped to think that governments are not elected as much as they are defeated?  The fact is people were fed up with the same old b.s. for how many years?  Included in that is "hope and change".  Well many Americans received "hope and loose change".  Trump is merely a reflection of this.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

But many did not: for example John McCain, John Kerry, Robert Mueller, with the latter two coming from wealthy families, as well as being hockey and lacrosse teammates at St. Pauls.

4173618C00000578-0-image-a-23_1497623255316.jpg

That may well be a testament to their lack of intelligence. Perhaps too many a frozen puck in the noggin.

57 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm getting a lot of these:  Confused

and I think that's because people get confused. What you are "worth" takes into account your liabilities, consequentillay your worth can be negative. Trumps BTW is not, at the present time anyway.

The confusion is yours. "worth" = assets. NET WORTH = assets and liabilities.

7 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I think many skipped Vietnam and probably for good reason. That's a very odd cartoon.  Would you call someone who is dead a winner?  No offense to veterans intended. 

i skipped Vietnam, but i respect the people who served.

17 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I agree with your lampooning of Trump but so far fewer Americans have been killed in combat under his administration and just as importantly American combatants are killing less others as well.

Although this may be true, it has absolutely nothing to do with the orange buffoon currently in power, as many of the areas of conflict in which America has been involved have been winding down for quite some time, with just the occasional flareup.

This idiot could not organise a piss-up in a brewery, so to credit him with what you stated, is a travesty.

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

John McCain, a principled warmonger. Never heard of a war that he didn't want the US involved in. Lots of concern for America but no concern for the foreign civilians being bombed or the carnage and misery left behind.  

Perhaps so, but does not excuse trump's awful behaviour

25 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

I think many skipped Vietnam and probably for good reason. That's a very odd cartoon.  Would you call someone who is dead a winner?  No offense to veterans intended. 

what's odd with Trump is how miraculous bone spurs changed the course of History  (You think I'm stupid? I wasn't going to Vietnam). Note: first "stupid", then "loser" - But with very good reasons Trump said he would have made a very good General and is now Commander in Chief. 

what's odd with Trump is what he called his " own personal VietNam"  (referring to his avoidance of STD

what's odd with Trump is the kind of person he holds for heroes: those who don't get caught such as money launderers he surrounded himself with

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Although this may be true, it has absolutely nothing to do with the orange buffoon currently in power, as many of the areas of conflict in which America has been involved have been winding down for quite some time, with just the occasional flareup.

This idiot could not organise a piss-up in a brewery, so to credit him with what you stated, is a travesty.

I'm not crediting him, I'm just stating facts. My self worth doesn't depend on him being president, or not, for that matter.

And all this from a 'man' who through wealth and privilege was a 'Draft Dodger'. His 'medical condition' that got him off after 4 college reprieves didn't stop him playing golf did it? This so called 'man' should be bloody well ashamed of himself; but that will never happen with the size of his ego! Goodness help America with this egomaniac in charge surrounded by all his sycophants who only last as long as they agree with everything this idiot says and does.

37 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

That may well be a testament to their lack of intelligence. Perhaps too many a frozen puck in the noggin.

If you equate intelligence with draft dodging then Trump is really not a very good example.

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They did! He was elected according to US laws.

That's the way they count over there.

Americans could chose to change these laws - but they don't.

OK..   

The popular vote was not the deciding factor in Trump becoming President then.

Will you concede that much?

If you're an American you likely know changing or adding an amendment to the Constitution is more than a laborious task.     By and large the Constitution has withstood the test of time.

32 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

OK..   

The popular vote was not the deciding factor in Trump becoming President then.

Will you concede that much?

If you're an American you likely know changing or adding an amendment to the Constitution is more than a laborious task.     By and large the Constitution has withstood the test of time.

Personally, I'm game for a Constitutional Convention, but no one in power is. The thing is, if you hold a Constitutional Convention there's no limiting on what might get changed. Want to repeal or amend the 2nd Amendment? Then you better have something to trade. How about a balanced budget amendment or term limits or limits on campaign financing? Personally, I'm down for all of the above but I doubt any of the power structure is.

I honestly wanted to give this one a rest, but the lengths at which Trump would lie about McCain--and himself--is just beyond the pale. 

TRUMP:   “McCain didn’t get the job done for our great vets,” Trump said Wednesday. “I got it done.” "The vets were on my side because I got the job done. I got Choice and I got accountability. … For many decades, they couldn’t get it done. It was never done. I got it. Five months ago, I got it done. Choice.” — remarks at an Army tank factory in Lima, Ohio.

THE FACTS: What Trump got done was an expansion of the program achieved by McCain and Sen. Bernie Sanders, most prominent among the lawmakers who advanced the legislation signed by President Barack Obama.  Trump routinely takes full credit for enacting the Choice program, ignoring the fact that it was signed into law by President Barack Obama in 2014.

http://time.com/5555571/donald-trump-john-mccain-veterans/

It's challenging to figure out what set trump off on McCain this week, if it is even possible to attribute "normal" behavior to him.

Sure he's been petty about McCain forever; who can forget the White House flag kerfuffle, it's up, it's down, it's up it's back down.

His statement on Wednesday at the tank factory, about approving/arranging McCain's funeral has been shown to be false - why does he lie about stuff so easily challenged. 

Some speculate that the overwhelming pressure of so many, many, many, many investigations is taking its toll on him. And maybe some startling new news (more pay-to-poke. pay-to-abort stories) is about to drop, of which he is aware, and this is causing him to flail about.

Or it could just be his deteriorating condition(s)?

It seems like Ivanka could talk him down? Assuming he remembers who she is.

Bang, or whimper, I think it will end poorly for the 45th President. The experiment in swamp-drainage will be quickly forgotten.

6 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I honestly wanted to give this one a rest, but the lengths at which Trump would lie about McCain--and himself--is just beyond the pale. 

TRUMP:   “McCain didn’t get the job done for our great vets,” Trump said Wednesday. “I got it done.” "The vets were on my side because I got the job done. I got Choice and I got accountability. … For many decades, they couldn’t get it done. It was never done. I got it. Five months ago, I got it done. Choice.” — remarks at an Army tank factory in Lima, Ohio.

THE FACTS: What Trump got done was an expansion of the program achieved by McCain and Sen. Bernie Sanders, most prominent among the lawmakers who advanced the legislation signed by President Barack Obama.  Trump routinely takes full credit for enacting the Choice program, ignoring the fact that it was signed into law by President Barack Obama in 2014.

So, you're saying Trump's a liar?  Hold the presses !!!

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

McCain is widely despised by US Veterans for his prominent role in covering up US POW/MIA's in Vietnam. A lot of good men died alone in some hellish SE Asian cage because of him and his friends who chose covering for the Political Establishment rather than helping bring our boys home. 

This expose was written by Syndey Schanberg, who won a Pulizter for his coverage of the War in Cambodia and whose work the film "The Killing Fields" is based on. Predictably, it got almost no coverage in the major Establishment Newspapers in America:  http://www.unz.com/article/mccain-and-the-pow-cover-up/

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It's challenging to figure out what set trump off on McCain this week, if it is even possible to attribute "normal" behavior to him.

It isn't that challenging if you keep up on the news. McCain's role in the soft coup that went after Trump in both the run up and aftermath of his election victory was confirmed this week by mainstream American news outlets. McCain apparently played a key role in disseminating the phony dossier, which we now know was largely sourced by a Ukrainian MP by the name of Serhiy Leshchenko. That is what "set Trump off"- the revelation that McCain was colluding with foreign actors to influence the 2016 election. 

2 hours ago, riclag said:

McCain was another hater Of Mr. Trump gone viral! God only knows what  McCain was concocting(thumbs down on  doing away with Obamacare vote) before and after he  received a copy of the Unverified ,unvetted Steel Dossier from those so called CAREER PROFESSIONAL INTEL top officials. Judging from the comments in the last couple of days,Mr. Trump knows now

A judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida unsealed the records last week". 

"New details about the late Sen. John McCain’s role in distributing a salacious 2016 dossier involving President Donald Trump were revealed in recently unsealed court filings and have unleashed a new round of Trump fury against McCain seven months after the senator’s death".

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2019/03/18/new-details-senator-john-mccain-role-trump-dossier-detailed-deposition-david-kramer/3205658002/

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000167-c8cb-d657-a37f-dcff49f10000

Thanks for this informative post with interesting links. It clearly provides an explanation to Trump's ire.

It may also be n9ted that McCain had some flair as several elements of the report have been corroborated- while others not (yet?), to be honest.

https://www.businessinsider.com/steele-dossier-allegations-trump-russia-mueller-investigation-2019-1

18 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

It isn't that challenging if you keep up on the news. McCain's role in the soft coup that went after Trump in both the run up and aftermath of his election victory was confirmed this week by mainstream American news outlets. McCain apparently played a key role in disseminating the phony dossier, which we now know was largely sourced by a Ukrainian MP by the name of Serhiy Leshchenko. That is what "set Trump off"- the revelation that McCain was colluding with foreign actors to influence the 2016 election. 

McCain revealed his participation in the Steele Dossier in his book. Now I know trump doesn't like to read but honestly, this was known for ages.

McCain also gives his most complete version of his role in intrigue surrounding a dossier of salacious research and raw intelligence on Trump and his connections with the Russians.

McCain previously acknowledged getting a copy of the dossier, which was authored by Christopher Steele, a former British MI6 officer, and giving it to the FBI, which already was aware of the material.

"I had an obligation to bring to the attention of appropriate officials unproven accusations I could not assess myself, and which, were any of them true, would create a vulnerability to the designs of a hostile foreign power," McCain writes in the book. "I discharged that obligation, and I would do it again. Anyone who doesn't like it can go to hell."

Jared talking trump into firing Comey was probably more important in kicking off the Muller probe?

It seems like the attribution of the Steele Dossier to a Ukranian is a Hannity wet-dream. And it seems like most of the Steele Dossier has been proven to be true.

All that said, what good does it do trump to attack McCain now? It makes him look weak, foolish, petty and childish.

56 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

This expose was written by Syndey Schanberg

I read this ages ago, always found it to be thinly "reported", and just re-read it.

A few sentences jump out:

Also in this memoir, McCain expresses guilt at having broken under torture and given the confession. “I felt faithless and couldn’t control my despair,” he writes, revealing that he made two “feeble” attempts at suicide. (In later years, he said he tried to hang himself with his shirt and guards intervened.) Tellingly, he says he lived in “dread” that his father would find out about the confession. “I still wince,” he writes, “when I recall wondering if my father had heard of my disgrace.”

Is McCain haunted by these memories? Does he suppress POW information because its surfacing would rekindle his feelings of shame? On this subject, all I have are questions.

Archived