Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

petition was launched on 20 February 2019 all petitions run for a period of 6 months this one will expired on 20th August 2019

Bound to hit 18 million by then.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

What "petitions" are you talking about ?

Or are you just deflecting from this current issue and making things up ?

The petitions on the Parliamentary petitions website last year, of which there is one still running.

As for member's comments last year on the validity of pro Brexit petitions; unfortunately for some reason the forum's search engine doesn't go back that far!

Not that you'll believe me; your response is exactly as expected from you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

am not aware of any Brexiteer here openly bragging that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse and that they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address where remainers on this forum have openly admitted they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address

That's a serious accusation. I hope that you can back it up.

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The petitions on the Parliamentary petitions website last year, of which there is one still running.

As for member's comments last year on the validity of pro Brexit petitions; unfortunately for some reason the forum's search engine doesn't go back that far!

Not that you'll believe me; your response is exactly as expected from you.

Of course I believe you , yeah the search engines don't go back that far , I believe you so much, that I am not even going to try the search engines out to confirm that you are being truthful .

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And I refer you again to my answer and everyone knows that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse unless they implement some sort if unique validation process such as national insurance numbers

No, everyone does not know that; Is the “stop Brexit” petition reliable?

A spokesman told us: “The Government Digital Service use a number of techniques, automated and manual, to identify and block signatures from bots, disposable email addresses or other sources that show signs of fraudulent activity.

As I said before, NI numbers wont stop non Brits from signing as anyone who has ever legally worked in the UK will have one, whatever their nationality.

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I am not aware of any Brexiteer here openly bragging that the petition site is open to fraud and abuse and that they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address where remainers on this forum have openly admitted they have submitted multiple submissions using different email address

What? Doesn't that contradict yourself?

I am not saying, and never have said, that anyone here, Brexiteer or Remainer, is saying anything like that! If they are, I must have missed it.

What I am saying is that last year Brexiteers made no accusations about the validity of these petitions when they were mostly in favour of Brexit; but now that this pro Remain one has received so many signitures suddenly Brexiteers from Farage down are questioning the security of the petitions site and this petition's validity!

6 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

When all said n done...it's just yet another petition.
Hope all you remoaners do not hurt yourself when you leave your clouds n crash back down to earth

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But it's a bigger petition than your petition and we've got a bigger march than you. Sour grapes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

But it's a bigger petition than your petition and we've got a bigger march than you. Sour grapes.

To be fair after nearly 3 years they still do not know what they want, soft, hard, May's deal, Norway, Norway plus, Santa Clause, Johnson Way, etc. so a petition for what.

The Cabinet now rounding on her, she can not even get them to agree on a Meaningful vote MkIII

Still running at 25K an hour.

Anyway now topped 5 million...

5,000,070 signatures

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 6:29 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

One million people sign UK petition to forever end democracy. Doesn't sound so great. I would like to see new laws introduced to ensure these million people can never vote or be involved in any way with politics - they just don't have the capacity to understand or respect votes that run against their wishes.

You're absolutely right there,  When the electorate makes a mistake, they need to suffer the full consequences, no matter how quickly they realise their mistake.  It's the only way we'll learn.

Once bitten, forever rabid.  We should have realised that years ago,

On 3/22/2019 at 4:58 AM, ThaiBunny said:

I suspect we could get a million signatures on a petition for almost anything these days - reintroducing capital punishment, for example

I notice there isn't a comparable pro-Brexit petition though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

still not 17.4 million.  

On another point, you'd think that Nigel Farage's march would be able to scrape up a small % of that 17.4 million? Instead of a sorry bunch traipsing down the hard shoulder of an A road in the peeing rain ... where are they?

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That's because the Brexit people won, so no need to march, it's a done deal.  The ones marching are the sorry asses who can't accept the inevitable. 

Nigel doesn't seem to think it's a done deal? And neither do I if May's deal gets binned. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

British MP are well aware of the fact that they may well be able to eventually secure jobs as senior civil servants in the EU earning 200,000 Euros a year if we stay in the EU just like Kinnock & Co.

That's why most of 'em are Remainers they don't care less about working men losing their livelihood to EU scab labour. To them it's all about their money and that of their pals in the world of big business.

It's funny that we rarely hear from Joe Bloggs about the matter in the MSM. They make sure that he is kept out of the spotlight.

The miners strike finished in 1985 wake up,the miners sons are reffered to as turkeys these days..