BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

Oh here we go again who gives a damn the head of immigration doesn’t make the rules anyway he just enforces the rules passed by the government it doesn’t matter who’s in that position.  He just happened to be in charge when the changes were made.  And technically the rules never changed only the manner in which we verify our income actually changed.  

I MEAN EVEN IF HE IS BEING TRANSFERRED WHO CARES THEY LITERALLY CHANGE THE HEAD OF THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU EVERY SINGLE YEAR AND IT IS ABOUT THAT TIME!  I was actually wondering when his time was going to be up in that job and move on to his next assignment as always happens every year.  

It’s the same for all of the Thai government agencies they are always moving people around to new assignments about once a year that’s just what any military does with their Officers they’re always being transferred around.  So if it is true it’s not a surprise it was going to happen eventually and if it’s not true he probably doesn’t have much time left in that position anyway until he is eventually transferred to his next assignment like they always do about once a year it’s inevitable for military officers.  

I’ve been here for 5 years almost and there is always a new Immigration Chief appointed literally every year.  EVERY SINGLE YEAR I ALWAYS READ ABOUT HOW TOUGH THE NEW IMMIGRATION CHIEF IS GONNA BE!  Yet another article trying to capture everyone’s attention just because this particular Immigration Chief has made a name for himself in the Thai government.  And in 2020 there will be yet another new Immigration Chief and again the year after that just like all the other years past.  Am I really the only one who sees these things? I can’t possibly be.  Even if he’s not really being transferred if the rumor is false I assure you that he will eventually move on to his next assignment as they all do.  

They all stay in their current assignments for about a year maybe less depending on the internal politics, or about 18 months to 2 years tops and then they are all eventually transferred to new assignments.  It’s always been that way, some of these articles man I just have to laugh when I read them the way they spin things like a real news outlet and get everyone all excited for no reason except advertising.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I stopped reading after about 4 lines. That was literally painful. 

I skimmed through the article a little bit but this is what happens they stay in their positions for around 1 to 2 years sometimes less depending on the internal politics and then they are all eventually transferred to their next assignments it’s always been that way as long as I’ve been here.  Every single year I’m reading about a new Immigration Chief the only difference this time is that this guy just happened to be more famous than other past Immigration Chiefs.  And in around 2020 probably there will be yet another new Immigration Chief.  It’s very common that the heads of government agencies in Thailand are transferred around to new assignments about every 1 to 2 years it’s inevitable.  It’s definitely no surprise.  

I almost just ignored the article but I was curious about how people would react and everyone reacted as I expected as if it’s some mass government conspiracy or cover up and no it’s not this is just typical administrative stuff that happens in governments.  

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Makes you think how insecure our position is here. We live in a country where the Chief of Immigration can be tossed out without warning. Then what chance for those of us who depend on the same Immigration's favour for our visas? Without which we are all persona non grata.

It´s scary.. ????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If that were his goal, he would have ensured the existing seasoning-rules were enforced on all retirement-applications, not changed seasoning rules which are ignored for agent-applications anyway. 

Same for ED extensions - the "extra fees" from schools would have been shut down.  

And marriage-based extension folks would not be put through the wringer at many offices - even after years of marriage. 

And all offices would have begun enforcing identical published-rules via identical, documented protocols - not this hodge-podge of "whatever gets you extra-money wink-wink / nod-nod, and here are some more 'Pointless PITA-Rules' ammunition to use, to make it happen." 

And let them agents come in immigration  with same number of foreigners as they carry 20 passports ….(applicant must appear in person ….remember ????

• Like 1

It has been posted elsewhere in the Thai language that Big Joke was arrested in a room at the King Power Pullman Hotel on Friday, that his computer was taken and that he has been accused of abusing his powers. It all sounds very serious and ominous for the fellow who was for a while the darling of the Thai police in the eyes of many Thais.

Edited by mstevens
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mstevens said:

that his computer was taken and that he has been accused of abusing his powers

I doubt it was serious  , but if they decide to take him out , they can do whatever they want. BJ is just a puppet .  

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Absolute crap - decent projects are being sold before a bricks been laid 

Provide proof that ‘westerners are just not buying’ 

The only lower to mid range projects I see being bought are the "guaranteed rental return" units by some Chinese which remain empty.  Sure there is a Russian here or there buying but not a lot of Western buying going on. 

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

The only lower to mid range projects I see being bought are the "guaranteed rental return" units by some Chinese which remain empty.  Sure there is a Russian here or there buying but not a lot of Western buying going on. 

How would you know what is being bought and sold and by who, unless you work at the land office. There is no hard data for property sales in Thailand, often the buyer and the seller are the only people you know about a sale. developers dont disclose their sales or how much stock they have left. The condo next to me sold yesterday, for all I know the buyer was from Bolivia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

How would you know what is being bought and sold and by who, unless you work at the land office. There is no hard data for property sales in Thailand, often the buyer and the seller are the only people you know about a sale. developers dont disclose their sales or how much stock they have left. The condo next to me sold yesterday, for all I know the buyer was from Bolivia.

You are right of course.

However, I have two or three Chinese friends who live in Shanghai and they told me that people are getting rich there fast. One of the places they invest money in is the Bangkok property market. 

One of the guys already owns three upmarket condos and is looking for more. I am not sure, but I think he rents out on a short time basis to Chinese tourists.

I am surprised that everyone in this thread is just rattling on whilst completely oblivious to the reality that has already been stated.

If you don’t know the reality of this case then you are quite out of touch with the goings on in Thailand.

I find it astonishing that people on this forum would really think that the high up Thais that give this kind of call give a flying truck about visa rules or how much money someone has in the bank or the trivial amounts of money generated by immigration bribes.

It is sad that so many of these self claimed Thai experts here are so completely out of touch with reality.

Hardly trivial when you look at the income related to tour operators and associated operating licences, all of which have been under scrutiny recently

Yes trivial for the relationship to the outspoken western expat that feels Thailand revolves around them and their input to the economy

Also nobody mentions the Saudi angle, which may or may not have had any impact....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Was bound to happen as he was trying to do a good job. In the process he has upset the easy lives of countless Immigration 'Officials' who have had been made to 'work' with their perks cut off or cut down, slices of which are no longer going up the line to the top.

A lot of 'No Tips' signs will be going in the trash?

Usually what you did in the past will reflect in the future. So he has been transferred and who is coming next and what will happen this time.Are they gonna change the rules and regulations again. This was happening last past years and it will go on!