Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 minutes ago, joboss said:

Maggot Margetts did all he could to help but Buck’s boys just couldn’t do it…    Bugger!!

They were tough but I reckon they were fair enuff.. No Way Stringer was trying to get rid of that ball

• Like 1

By the way way back in yester year sometime in the 80's a powerful side known as the Collingwood Magoo's had been riding high in the old VFL when all of a sudden they took a nose dive to take there first wooden spoon, Eddie everywhere was still in shorts in them days, one of there most revered players one of the Rose boys, big name in woodland, was there coach, as is the situation today down there at Victoria Park were they no longer live but ghosts wander the old ground ho by the way a mate of mine was dating a hot Maltase girl (thats a country in the Mediterranean near Spain and North Africa and the Italians bombed during the second world war for those who didn't do well in geography) lived over the road so you know where my mate use to park his car when he wanted to go to the footy. 

Rose known as a perfectionist as he had been a polished player but alas before my time as is the case with Buckley today...... wasn't given the chance to fix it up so to speak, the Woods in those days were use to being top Magoos in the VFL anyway they went out and got the very good Tommy Hafey at that time former 4 time premiership winner with the Tigers who also did time at pussy land and Swans later.... the order of clubs is now a distant memory do forgive me, anyway as the story goes Mr Hafey had the Magoo's back in the next grand final and the next and the next 4 of them i think and lost the dam lot....

So whats the moral of the story?     Maybe Freo should sack Ross Lyon the former St Kilda greatest coach ever (chuckles) that never won a flag, ho and while were on about the Saints they didn't know they had a good one in Allen Jeans either who picked up more than few with the might Hawks.........love ya CHOOKS....maybe expecting prima donnas to be professionals down in Freo might be asking to much, gutting your list to keep the coach who your paying a cool million plus who has not proven himself with building a list might not be good business.

I noticed this morning the effervescent JoBlow picked the Magoos last night.....you wanna take off your copy ray Bans mate over here in the east approaching finals time footy is serious business for your info top teams hardly loose to also rans, you will often find in the lead up to the finals a hot and high flying team like the Hawks will drop one just before seasons end as they did to the Dee's last week .....normally that team will bounce back even better running into the finals so do take the Hawks today and there quickly firming as premiers ..........four peat is most definitely on the cards.

• Like 2

JoBlow, your noticed....languishing way down in the cellar, no excuse in make dreadful choices the Dogs were never going to loose it, it was so good i turned it off at quarter time.....

I suspect after you ran a good contest last year there is discontent in your camp....Will and i have been able to keep that momentum going, even BOOK's but you son....have fallen on hard times, forget the fantasy, beginners  luck....i know all about that....to much sun in the west? to much party for a single man? hanging around Patong beach wont ender you to the fair sex especially wearing copy Ray Bans, lot at stake winning Books prestigious tipping contest you should show some respect, you need to take one  game at a time and get your ass back out there on the training track, a good preseason next year instead of the beach life in the tropics should get you up again, as that famous Hawk coach that the Saints didn't know they had Allen Jeans said " football is a simple game, either they have the ball or you do" end quote.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

JoBlow, your noticed....languishing way down in the cellar, no excuse in make dreadful choices the Dogs were never going to loose it, it was so good i turned it off at quarter time.....

I suspect after you ran a good contest last year there is discontent in your camp....Will and i have been able to keep that momentum going, even BOOK's but you son....have fallen on hard times, forget the fantasy, beginners  luck....i know all about that....to much sun in the west? to much party for a single man? hanging around Patong beach wont ender you to the fair sex especially wearing copy Ray Bans, lot at stake winning Books prestigious tipping contest you should show some respect, you need to take one  game at a time and get your ass back out there on the training track, a good preseason next year instead of the beach life in the tropics should get you up again, as that famous Hawk coach that the Saints didn't know they had Allen Jeans said " football is a simple game, either they have the ball or you do" end quote.

U are in fine form today Alex...I hope it continues for your AFL tipping

I have taken Brisbane this weekend.. they really are playing cr.ap...but an extra tipping point will do me no harm

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joboss said:

Ballantyne a Weagle ??   Could this really be true?

Swap him for Jedda?  Maybe have to chuck in some lattes and almond butter croissants to make the deal attractive.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/dockers-shock-as-ballantyne-asks-for-trade-to-eagles

Sydney will throw in Sinclair for free (u guys can take the salary cap hit though) AND you can keep Jetta

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

as that famous Hawk coach that the Saints didn't know they had Allen Jeans said " football is a simple game, either they have the ball or you do" end quote.

You forgort the 3rd part "or the ball's in dispute".

But not a bad effort:D

• Like 1

Interesting games for me today and tomorrow.   re: Coleman Medal

WCE v GWS.   How many goals will they allow Kennedy (67) to kick?

Swans v Saints.  Buddy (61) has goal kicking form against the Saints.

Goldies v Bombers.  Thomas Lynch (61) should get good opportunity to increase his tally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BookMan said:

I have taken Brisbane this weekend.. they really are playing cr.ap...but an extra tipping point will do me no harm

Never in doubt :cheesy:

Brisbane led by 40 points at one stage...24 points at the start of the last Q...but almost got overun...exciting last 10 minutes...Brissie by 3!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BookMan said:

Never in doubt :cheesy:

Brisbane led by 40 points at one stage...24 points at the start of the last Q...but almost got overun...exciting last 10 minutes...Brissie by 3!

Nice tipping BM.

I was going to pick Brissie but in the end didn't have the minerals:facepalm:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Nice tipping BM.

I was going to pick Brissie but in the end didn't have the minerals:facepalm:

Thanks! Just need Melbourne to beat Port now.... Id have a bash at St Kilda but I am a Swans fans after all

Feeling the pressure out front?

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Oh baby!

What a win by the boys.

My internet has been down all day so relying on an air card which isn't quick enough to stream so have only been able

to check the scores on the AFL website.

Hopefully can watch a reply tonight.

That put's a huge dent in GWS's top 4 chances.

That's two times now Nic Nat has won us a game with the last kick of the day.

Once was after the siren against Norf.

Wonder if it's been done before, two times by 1 player that is.

Looked at the lists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicks_after_the_siren_in_Australian_rules_football#Goal_to_win

These are only for kicks after the final siren. Couldn't find any player that's done it twice.

I refer your query to the old wise man of football, AlexRRR.

EDIT:  It has happened 38 times since 1913 with Barry Hall the only player to do it twice — for St Kilda against Hawthorn in 2001 and for the Swans against Brisbane in 2005.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Good win for WCE. They were down 23 points at 3/4 time.

Next Friday will be a huge game

Exciting finish to the game...3 goals down...back to evens...GWS kick one goal ahead...

GWS lacked composure under the pressure...Hope Sydney meet them in the finals...hehehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Is Chimpy packed BookMan? 

Dear Chooks,

I was sad St Kilda did not win today. I was looking forward to a weekend away in tranquil hua hin drinking milk and eating bananas. 

Never mind, the Saints boys gave those Sydney Fancy Boys a real working over for half the game.  I felt good that the St kilda players decided to all chip in to  give Sydney some extra percentage for the ladder positions after half time. 
Gifting Buddy the bag of 6 and those 3 consecutive 50 metre penalties the Saints boys gave away, leading to Sydney goals, really shows the generosity of spirit St Kilda lads have.

As Sydney won, Bookman has given me some Baht to spend a we want. I have booked our regular haunt, The Cockatoo bar in Soi Cowboy.
Directions at this website if anyone else wants to join us

http://cockatooladyboybar.com/

Affectionately Yours
Chimpy Esq.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, joboss said:

Interesting games for me today and tomorrow.   re: Coleman Medal

WCE v GWS.   How many goals will they allow Kennedy (67) to kick?

Swans v Saints.  Buddy (61) has goal kicking form against the Saints.

Goldies v Bombers.  Thomas Lynch (61) should get good opportunity to increase his tally.

Coleman race open and alive JB.  Buddy kicked a nice bag of 6 and kennedy just the 3.
Goals against Hawks will be hard to come by ext week for kennedy whilst Buddy has Norf.

• Like 2

Useless waste of space, pigs excrement McCartin again proved what a stuffed up turd he is.  One bloody lousy possession.  Why on earth did the saints destroy a perfectly good functioning forward setup by bringing in the oxygen thieving waste of space piece of dog poop in?  McCartin is without doubt the worst piece of cat excrement to ever put on boots and try to play the game.  

If the saints had any brains they would flush this turd down the toilet and cut thier losses.  I doubt there is single team that would take this dogs vomit off thier hands even if the saints handed over all draft picks and a billion dollars.  The useless turd couldn't even get a touch of his own balls.  We have players picked at number 45+ who have rising star nominations and look like future champions, they have had more possession in 10 minute than toe jam McCartin has had in his career.  McCartin a total of 8 career possessions

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Useless waste of space, pigs excrement McCartin again proved what a stuffed up turd he is.  One bloody lousy possession.  Why on earth did the saints destroy a perfectly good functioning forward setup by bringing in the oxygen thieving waste of space piece of dog poop in?  McCartin is without doubt the worst piece of cat excrement to ever put on boots and try to play the game.  

If the saints had any brains they would flush this turd down the toilet and cut thier losses.  I doubt there is single team that would take this dogs vomit off thier hands even if the saints handed over all draft picks and a billion dollars.  The useless turd couldn't even get a touch of his own balls.  We have players picked at number 45+ who have rising star nominations and look like future champions, they have had more possession in 10 minute than toe jam McCartin has had in his career.  McCartin a total of 8 career possessions

Membrey feeling a bit shy against his old club?