Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Congratulations Will on your win. Good to see a local win the prize. May be hard to collect the trophy though. As Bookman is in Thailand he maybe able to deliver.

Thanks mate.

BookMan, will that be regular post or EMS:P

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Congratulations Will on your win. Good to see a local win the prize. May be hard to collect the trophy though. As Bookman is in Thailand he maybe able to deliver.

I might just do that... be good to have the two top thailand tipsters together sharing a cold beverage

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Thanks mate.

BookMan, will that be regular post or EMS:P

I'll deliver it in person...make sure it gets pride of place in your man cave

On another note...I'm actually a bit concerned about the mental state of Chooka and AlexRRR

Both really crumbled under pressure this year and i'm not sure they managed to stay in the top 10?

I know both the young fella fancied their chances this year...but as chooka said...the competition was too hot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

On another note...I'm actually a bit concerned about the mental state of Chooka and AlexRRR

Both really crumbled under pressure this year and i'm not sure they managed to stay in the top 10?

I know both the young fella fancied their chances this year...but as chooka said...the competition was too hot

Congrats Khun Will, who says hansum man with kind heart finish last!

Well played BM for keeping us entertained and taking on the scorers role.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well the season is over and I think I can now hang it on Alex.  Mate you said at the start of the season the demons would Finnish above the saints and it didn't happen.  You said through the season that the saints were and average team.  They missed the finals on % and finished the season in the top half.  Sorry mate but by your calculations the demons are a below average side.

OK that said, I will say that the two most improved teams in order were the saints and the demons and expect both to be making a push for that 8th spot next year.  Well done Alex to your boys it's taken them 15 yrs to get that high so hang on the air gets thin up here.

The wrap up on the Dee's is like this Mr Chooks, i predicted 11 wins for this season and they got 10 i predicted at some point (meaning late in the season) they would be threatening for the final 8 which they did in rounds 19 to 21 i also predicted they wouldn't be good enough which is exactly how it turnout.

I also think Roos work is not done he would be needed for at least 2 more years, Goodwin is an unknown quantity, there hasn't been a culture down at Deeland since Ron the great man Brass left to got o Carlton in 1964.

I was happy to see the Dees merge with the Hawks and i voted for it, i was happy to see the Dees relocate or go out of business because the writings been on the wall since 1964, They couldn't win the game against Brisbane first game the year under Needle on the great Jim Stynes death, they haven't been able to stand up and deliver anything like Essendon can and for that matter most of the other clubs, we have no backbone hasn't been one since 1964, maybe a 25 year period were they snared something like 10 flags they used up all there luck who knows, there is no mongrel in the team of today, even in the 90's and early 2000's when they had a fair team they would often go to water there was no mongrel bar Grinter who was just a fair hard player who was crucified by the AFL.

The future looks rose for sure but then again it does for a few teams, they way they crashed in the last 2 games and were so embarrassed by the Cats that lot couldn't even give it one shot for Paul Roos leaves a sour taste in my mouth, unless they can turn up a couple of mongrels in the next couple of years we will be forever just making up numbers.

The Demons maybe the oldest club in the comp but since 65 dont know how to win when it matters, that doesn't mean winning to get into finals etc it means winning in the face of adversary, we made the GF in 89 and were thumped by the Hawks we get back i think in 2000 unfortunate we had to play the Bombers who were red hot fav the year before and we get thumped again and by the biggest margin in a GF,  in 1990 i thought we were in after 89, the year the Pies won it, we started slow but second half of the season we pretty much killed everyone in the 5 any team that sniffed a place in the 5 we wiped them good....then the wheels fall off towards the end of the season, at the time there was a roumor going around the members that Greg Wells would replace Northey as coach nothing eventuated the team dropped to 5th with 5 losses in a row then the Cats bundled us out in the elim final...

Goodwin and Jackson have there work cut out for themselves, we dont have a culture still, the last 2 games of the season proved that.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BookMan said:

Ahhh your so kind Books dont you worry about me Chooks can speak for himself coming second is forgotten the second day unless your going to keep reminding us....

For the record i didn't do it in the pervious year where i stood my ground this season i would have dropped 5 games towards the end of the season hoping to catch that man WILL out, i actually got 1 over him and missed on 5 with the net result down 4 which i believe would have kept me second......

Being a bridesmaid 2 years running wasn't palatable young man so I've allowed you to be that person no one will remember......

And you just got lucky Ron was closing down on you, you as usual get erratic with your tips, your like a book you can be read.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

THE final round of the season was a time to celebrate the champion forwards of the game with Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt and Matthew Pavlich turning it on.

But the same can’t be said for Richmond and Melbourne, while the Kangaroos and Lions also have to answer some tough questions.

Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson names his likes and dislikes of Round 23.

1. Lance Franklin

This time last year, Buddy bowed out of football because of mental health and let’s not be too dramatic, but who knew what his future held. Twelve months on, Franklin is arguably

in the best form of his career. He’s fit, hungry, taking marks and strutting around as if he believes nothing is beyond him. Against a raggedy Richmond, he had 17 kicks, kicked 7.4

and took 11 marks. But it’s finals or bust for Sydney and Buddy. He’s on a squillion and the money has to repaid with premierships.

2. Nick Riewoldt

Extraordinary from the St Kilda captain. Took 11 marks and kicked three goals in the second term and finished the game with 26 disposals, a career-high 21 marks and nine goals.

The thing about being a champion is performing in big games, in games where you’re not expected to win, in games when you’re injured and in games like yesterday, where it’s Round 23,

and there’s little to play for. But champions set standards and play to those standards no matter what. And that is Nick Riewoldt.

3. Jack Fitzpatrick

He’d be on top of the world. Six points down with two minutes to play, he gathers in the middle, runs and kicks a 65m drop punt which bounced through. It levelled the scores and then Puopolo

scrambled a point and the Hawks win, which means the Hawks are 6-0 in games decided by less than 10 points this year. They are the numbers, but Fitzpatrick, in his first game for the Hawks,

was the unquestionably hero. If the Hawks go on to win the flag, that moment of Fitzpatrick’s will be remembered forever.

4. Geelong

A clinical Geelong on Saturday, almost perfect Geelong. The Cats killed Melbourne from turnovers, scoring 107 points from this source, its most in a game this season. They created

30 turnovers in their forward half, scoring 70 points, also their most in a game this season. Personnel-wise, Tom Hawkins’ six goals was the ideal performance on the eve of the finals,

while Patrick Dangerfield broke the record for inside-50s in a home-and-away season with 179. The query is: What does it all mean? The Cats have been awesome and pathetic at different

times this season. This was awesome, but what will see in a fortnight’s time?

5. Zach Merrett

Yes, he missed selection in my All-Australian team, but Bombers fans shouldn’t take it personally. Merrett is a star and should be in the same conversation as Patrick Cripps and

Marcus Bontempelli as the most influential young players in the competition. From Round 16, he has returned 36, 34, 34, 31, 25, 38, 35 and on Saturday 34 disposals. His work ethic

is strong, his efficiency the same, and there’s not a player who gets ball to boot quicker than Merrett, which turns potentially difficult scenarios into attacking football.

6. Tom Barrass

In just his 12th game of football, the 20-year-old played like a 200-game veteran. He’s 194cm and 85kg and not unlike Hawthorn’s Ben Stratton in that he can play plenty of roles. One minute he was spoiling the ball against Sam Jacobs on a wing, then he was beating Eddie Betts for a ground ball in the forward line and then he was climbing into a pack from the side and hauling down the mark. A game-high 10 marks should get him his first Brownlow Medal vote.

7. Robbie Gray

In a forgettable season for Port Adelaide, which has placed huge scrutiny on coach Ken Hinkley next season, Gray has upheld his end of the bargain. Champion Data rates Gray above average for disposals and elite for contested possessions, clearances, inside-50s, goals, score assists and score involvements. He will be unlucky to miss All-Australian selection,

but it’s difficult to determine if a great player in a poor team deserves a spot more than a great player in a great team. Gray, Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Merrett and Cripps fall into that category.

8. The GWS forward line

That’s 11 goals for Jonathan Patton in the past two games and in September he will spearhead a forward group which includes Jeremy Cameron, Rory Lobb, Toby Greene and Steve Johnson and a resting mid. They are averaging 109 points for and 76 points against, which Fox Footy describes as the premiership formula. Johnson looms as the key. His obituary was written in part by the Cats last year, but Stevie J went again and now a fourth premiership is not out of the question. Imagine that, a flag for Johnson after being booted from his beloved Cats. It would be the fairytale story of the season.

9. Appreciation

Strange world is footy. Essendon wins its third game of the season and supporters at the MCG celebrate like it was premiership. Can’t blame them. It’s been a season testing of loyalty and patience after an unprecedented group suspension at the start of the year. There were horrible games and then there was a game like Saturday’s, where they beat nemesis Carlton and by the skin of their teeth hung on to the No.1 draft pick. Some would say what a perfect weekend.

10. Thanks for the memories

Matthew Pavlich led the farewells and it was a grand occasion at Subiaco. The Dockers won, Pav was chaired and cheered off the ground and it will take someone special to one day knock

him off the perch as Fremantle’s greatest player.

11. Back to Back

Will27 for going back to back in the footy tipping in arguably the hardest comp in footy.

WHAT I DON’T LIKE

1. Richmond

An extremely disappointing end to an extremely disappointing season. Not much can be said about that performance, other than it was total humiliation and it’s best to wipe it and further knuckle down to the review, which could be savage. It has to be. You can’t put in a season like that and not expect significant change. The coach will be there in 2017, but all other positions are undergoing harsh assessment. That means football boss Dan Richardson, list manager Blair Hartley and a heap of assistants and development coaches right now can’t be guaranteed for 2017. Now that Collingwood’s Neil Balme is considered gettable, the Tigers would be negligent to not inquire about is availability.

2. What about on-field?

Geelong was aggressive with Paul Chapman, Steve Johnson, Matty Stokes and James Kelly. St Kilda went bang with Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo and Ben McEvoy. North Melbourne was ruthless with Brent Harvey, Michael Firrito, Drew Petrie and Dal Santo. So, what does Richmond do? Arguably, it’s Alex Rance, Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt off the trade table and everyone else on it. Coach Hardwick hinted as much: “List management decisions will be made over the course of the next month or so. We’ve got to improve our list, improve our talent, there’s no doubt about that.’’ Unquestionably, the Tigers have to be major players in trade week and if they want good picks, they have to unload good players, not that there’s too many.

3. Melbourne

Lack of hope, experience and urgency can drag the competitive instinct out of any club — just look at Richmond. But can’t give the same excuse to Melbourne. The first and fourth quarters saw Geelong kick 18.3 to 5.2, so the Demons didn’t turn up to play and then tossed it in at the end. This from a team touted as possible finalist three weeks ago. Beaten in tackles, contested ball and disposals. Former player David Schwarz called the performance pitiful and it’s difficult to disagree.

4. Jesse Hogan

Jonathan Brown’s declaration a club should play Hogan $15 million over 10 years needs urgent review. He’s a good, promising player, but 41 goals from 21 games isn’t in the realm of getting $1 million-plus a year. Of his 41 goals, seven came against St Kilda in Round 6 and five against Brisbane in Round 9. That leaves 29 goals from 19 games and just three goals from the last six games of the season. And to think next year, which will be the final year of his contract at Melbourne, he will have even more headlines written about him. Will he go? Will he stay? How about this one: Will he kick enough goals to justify any Godfather deal?

5. Kangaroos

Sense of dread around Saturday night, despite Brent Harvey’s form being better than solid. Has been a momentous week and you have to wonder if all parties had their time again, they’d do it differently. Boomer probably shouldn’t have demanded an answer on his future but because he did, coach Brad Scott felt compelled to tell Harvey the truth. In hindsight, Harvey should not have put himself before the team’s finals campaign and Scott shouldn’t have obliged. Still, it’s not over until it’s over and the Kangas have a final to be played, albeit Adelaide in Adelaide.

6. Sam Jacobs

Plenty on the line and he bows to Jonathan Giles, a ruckman who has played just 15 games in three years. He’d be disappointed, Jacobs. He shared the hitouts — 29-28 Giles’ way — but it was around the ground where Giles gave Jacobs a lesson. The journeyman had 15 disposals, three contested marks, five clearances, four inside-50s and a goal against Jacobs’ seven disposals and a goal. Giles’ performance was reminiscent of his lion-hearted efforts for GWS and in their first two seasons.

7. Leppa’s last stand

There will be announcement Monday or Tuesday and it would appear almost certain Lions coach Justin Leppitsch will be told it’s all over. Naturally, he wants to keep the job, but 14 wins from three seasons makes it difficult to garner support at board level. While the mail is strong the Lions will be searching for a new coach, the future of deputy chairman Leigh Matthews isn’t so certain. The Lions expect Matthews to remain a board member and have not had an indication from Matthews that it’s otherwise.

8. Radio wars

Major shake-up looming in the AFL radio rights and not a lot of people are happy. It seems the AFL is strongly considering giving the entire rights to Crocmedia, which doesn’t even hold a radio licence, which will then on-sell to some of the current rights holders. The anger stems from several concerns, one being Croc will indirectly raise the prices by about 25 per cent. The other point which has raised interest is Crocmedia’s Craig Hutchison owns a racehorse with the AFL’s Gil McLachlan and Andrew Dillon, the latter being the man who has done the negotiations on behalf of the league. Conflict of interest, hey AFL Commission?

9. Carlton’s forward group

Much to like about Carlton this season, but the Blues’ off-season will start with an APB for forwards of all kinds. The Blues have battled to convert inside-50s into goals all season, generating a goal 20.3 per cent of the time, the second-lowest percentage Champion Data has recorded in a season. Despite dominating the inside-50 count against Essendon 61-45 the Blues could convert only 16 per cent of their entries into a goal. That they were opened up the other way made it a very disappointing end to the season.

I thought #11 of his likes should have been #1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ron19 said:

This is all I have to give you but I have no way of knowing if it is correct or not. I can't see why they couldn't give us the normal format.

I know my score is correct because I didn't pick the Dockers. If anyone knows that the table is not up to date, let me know and I will delete it.

Round23 1.JPG

Round23 2.JPG

I've been listed in 7th place when I have more tips than the guy in 6th.

Equal 4th on winners picked is reasonable considering the silly stuffups I made a couple of times.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Will27 said:

THE final round of the season was a time to celebrate the champion forwards of the game with Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt and Matthew Pavlich turning it on.

But the same can’t be said for Richmond and Melbourne, while the Kangaroos and Lions also have to answer some tough questions.

Herald Sun chief football writer Mark Robinson names his likes and dislikes of Round 23.

1. Lance Franklin

This time last year, Buddy bowed out of football because of mental health and let’s not be too dramatic, but who knew what his future held. Twelve months on, Franklin is arguably

in the best form of his career. He’s fit, hungry, taking marks and strutting around as if he believes nothing is beyond him. Against a raggedy Richmond, he had 17 kicks, kicked 7.4

and took 11 marks. But it’s finals or bust for Sydney and Buddy. He’s on a squillion and the money has to repaid with premierships.

2. Nick Riewoldt

Extraordinary from the St Kilda captain. Took 11 marks and kicked three goals in the second term and finished the game with 26 disposals, a career-high 21 marks and nine goals.

The thing about being a champion is performing in big games, in games where you’re not expected to win, in games when you’re injured and in games like yesterday, where it’s Round 23,

and there’s little to play for. But champions set standards and play to those standards no matter what. And that is Nick Riewoldt.

3. Jack Fitzpatrick

He’d be on top of the world. Six points down with two minutes to play, he gathers in the middle, runs and kicks a 65m drop punt which bounced through. It levelled the scores and then Puopolo

scrambled a point and the Hawks win, which means the Hawks are 6-0 in games decided by less than 10 points this year. They are the numbers, but Fitzpatrick, in his first game for the Hawks,

was the unquestionably hero. If the Hawks go on to win the flag, that moment of Fitzpatrick’s will be remembered forever.

4. Geelong

A clinical Geelong on Saturday, almost perfect Geelong. The Cats killed Melbourne from turnovers, scoring 107 points from this source, its most in a game this season. They created

30 turnovers in their forward half, scoring 70 points, also their most in a game this season. Personnel-wise, Tom Hawkins’ six goals was the ideal performance on the eve of the finals,

while Patrick Dangerfield broke the record for inside-50s in a home-and-away season with 179. The query is: What does it all mean? The Cats have been awesome and pathetic at different

times this season. This was awesome, but what will see in a fortnight’s time?

5. Zach Merrett

Yes, he missed selection in my All-Australian team, but Bombers fans shouldn’t take it personally. Merrett is a star and should be in the same conversation as Patrick Cripps and

Marcus Bontempelli as the most influential young players in the competition. From Round 16, he has returned 36, 34, 34, 31, 25, 38, 35 and on Saturday 34 disposals. His work ethic

is strong, his efficiency the same, and there’s not a player who gets ball to boot quicker than Merrett, which turns potentially difficult scenarios into attacking football.

6. Tom Barrass

In just his 12th game of football, the 20-year-old played like a 200-game veteran. He’s 194cm and 85kg and not unlike Hawthorn’s Ben Stratton in that he can play plenty of roles. One minute he was spoiling the ball against Sam Jacobs on a wing, then he was beating Eddie Betts for a ground ball in the forward line and then he was climbing into a pack from the side and hauling down the mark. A game-high 10 marks should get him his first Brownlow Medal vote.

7. Robbie Gray

In a forgettable season for Port Adelaide, which has placed huge scrutiny on coach Ken Hinkley next season, Gray has upheld his end of the bargain. Champion Data rates Gray above average for disposals and elite for contested possessions, clearances, inside-50s, goals, score assists and score involvements. He will be unlucky to miss All-Australian selection,

but it’s difficult to determine if a great player in a poor team deserves a spot more than a great player in a great team. Gray, Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Merrett and Cripps fall into that category.

8. The GWS forward line

That’s 11 goals for Jonathan Patton in the past two games and in September he will spearhead a forward group which includes Jeremy Cameron, Rory Lobb, Toby Greene and Steve Johnson and a resting mid. They are averaging 109 points for and 76 points against, which Fox Footy describes as the premiership formula. Johnson looms as the key. His obituary was written in part by the Cats last year, but Stevie J went again and now a fourth premiership is not out of the question. Imagine that, a flag for Johnson after being booted from his beloved Cats. It would be the fairytale story of the season.

9. Appreciation

Strange world is footy. Essendon wins its third game of the season and supporters at the MCG celebrate like it was premiership. Can’t blame them. It’s been a season testing of loyalty and patience after an unprecedented group suspension at the start of the year. There were horrible games and then there was a game like Saturday’s, where they beat nemesis Carlton and by the skin of their teeth hung on to the No.1 draft pick. Some would say what a perfect weekend.

10. Thanks for the memories

Matthew Pavlich led the farewells and it was a grand occasion at Subiaco. The Dockers won, Pav was chaired and cheered off the ground and it will take someone special to one day knock

him off the perch as Fremantle’s greatest player.

11. Back to Back

Will27 for going back to back in the footy tipping in arguably the hardest comp in footy.

WHAT I DON’T LIKE

1. Richmond

An extremely disappointing end to an extremely disappointing season. Not much can be said about that performance, other than it was total humiliation and it’s best to wipe it and further knuckle down to the review, which could be savage. It has to be. You can’t put in a season like that and not expect significant change. The coach will be there in 2017, but all other positions are undergoing harsh assessment. That means football boss Dan Richardson, list manager Blair Hartley and a heap of assistants and development coaches right now can’t be guaranteed for 2017. Now that Collingwood’s Neil Balme is considered gettable, the Tigers would be negligent to not inquire about is availability.

2. What about on-field?

Geelong was aggressive with Paul Chapman, Steve Johnson, Matty Stokes and James Kelly. St Kilda went bang with Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo and Ben McEvoy. North Melbourne was ruthless with Brent Harvey, Michael Firrito, Drew Petrie and Dal Santo. So, what does Richmond do? Arguably, it’s Alex Rance, Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt off the trade table and everyone else on it. Coach Hardwick hinted as much: “List management decisions will be made over the course of the next month or so. We’ve got to improve our list, improve our talent, there’s no doubt about that.’’ Unquestionably, the Tigers have to be major players in trade week and if they want good picks, they have to unload good players, not that there’s too many.

3. Melbourne

Lack of hope, experience and urgency can drag the competitive instinct out of any club — just look at Richmond. But can’t give the same excuse to Melbourne. The first and fourth quarters saw Geelong kick 18.3 to 5.2, so the Demons didn’t turn up to play and then tossed it in at the end. This from a team touted as possible finalist three weeks ago. Beaten in tackles, contested ball and disposals. Former player David Schwarz called the performance pitiful and it’s difficult to disagree.

4. Jesse Hogan

Jonathan Brown’s declaration a club should play Hogan $15 million over 10 years needs urgent review. He’s a good, promising player, but 41 goals from 21 games isn’t in the realm of getting $1 million-plus a year. Of his 41 goals, seven came against St Kilda in Round 6 and five against Brisbane in Round 9. That leaves 29 goals from 19 games and just three goals from the last six games of the season. And to think next year, which will be the final year of his contract at Melbourne, he will have even more headlines written about him. Will he go? Will he stay? How about this one: Will he kick enough goals to justify any Godfather deal?

5. Kangaroos

Sense of dread around Saturday night, despite Brent Harvey’s form being better than solid. Has been a momentous week and you have to wonder if all parties had their time again, they’d do it differently. Boomer probably shouldn’t have demanded an answer on his future but because he did, coach Brad Scott felt compelled to tell Harvey the truth. In hindsight, Harvey should not have put himself before the team’s finals campaign and Scott shouldn’t have obliged. Still, it’s not over until it’s over and the Kangas have a final to be played, albeit Adelaide in Adelaide.

6. Sam Jacobs

Plenty on the line and he bows to Jonathan Giles, a ruckman who has played just 15 games in three years. He’d be disappointed, Jacobs. He shared the hitouts — 29-28 Giles’ way — but it was around the ground where Giles gave Jacobs a lesson. The journeyman had 15 disposals, three contested marks, five clearances, four inside-50s and a goal against Jacobs’ seven disposals and a goal. Giles’ performance was reminiscent of his lion-hearted efforts for GWS and in their first two seasons.

7. Leppa’s last stand

There will be announcement Monday or Tuesday and it would appear almost certain Lions coach Justin Leppitsch will be told it’s all over. Naturally, he wants to keep the job, but 14 wins from three seasons makes it difficult to garner support at board level. While the mail is strong the Lions will be searching for a new coach, the future of deputy chairman Leigh Matthews isn’t so certain. The Lions expect Matthews to remain a board member and have not had an indication from Matthews that it’s otherwise.

8. Radio wars

Major shake-up looming in the AFL radio rights and not a lot of people are happy. It seems the AFL is strongly considering giving the entire rights to Crocmedia, which doesn’t even hold a radio licence, which will then on-sell to some of the current rights holders. The anger stems from several concerns, one being Croc will indirectly raise the prices by about 25 per cent. The other point which has raised interest is Crocmedia’s Craig Hutchison owns a racehorse with the AFL’s Gil McLachlan and Andrew Dillon, the latter being the man who has done the negotiations on behalf of the league. Conflict of interest, hey AFL Commission?

Much to like about Carlton this season, but the Blues’ off-season will start with an APB for forwards of all kinds. The Blues have battled to convert inside-50s into goals all season, generating a goal 20.3 per cent of the time, the second-lowest percentage Champion Data has recorded in a season. Despite dominating the inside-50 count against Essendon 61-45 the Blues could convert only 16 per cent of their entries into a goal. That they were opened up the other way made it a very disappointing end to the season.

The Coleman medal winner also had a pretty good round against stiffer opposition than Buddy or Nik.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The Coleman medal winner also had a pretty good round against stiffer opposition than Buddy or Nik.

This is true.

WC never get a good run with Robbo.

I thought WC should've got a like for a huge upset away from home which changed the whole final series.

BTW, I'm calling the Coleman the Lockett medal from now on.

Time for a change:)

• Like 1

Allow me to introduce my beautiful miniature fox terrorist, seen here modelling the latest wool-blend navy blue beanie.

Zoe enjoys walking, sleeping, eating, barking at cats, and gets very excited when I shout JUDDY!!! at the TV screen. One day, she hopes to be a rottweiler.

Understanding that canine pets and their masters always end up looking alike, Zoe has accepted the early onset of grey fur around her snout.

My little dog is ninety percent angel and ten percent devil ( 90/10 split Booky 555)   Her mood swings are frequent and unpredictable, which is hard-wired into the breed's DNA.

DSC00017.JPG

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

This is true.

WC never get a good run with Robbo.

I thought WC should've got a like for a huge upset away from home which changed the whole final series.

BTW, I'm calling the Coleman the Lockett medal from now on.

Time for a change:)

The Vic commentators will never change. I can't stand listening to Brereton screaming for frees for whichever Victorian team is playing an interstate side. (And dismissing obvious kicks the other way with comments like "soft" or "wasn't there".) 

Lockett Medal, I like it, makes sense.  The AFL goals record holder, not a regional competition person.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Ahhh your so kind Books dont you worry about me Chooks can speak for himself coming second is forgotten the second day unless your going to keep reminding us....

For the record i didn't do it in the pervious year where i stood my ground this season i would have dropped 5 games towards the end of the season hoping to catch that man WILL out, i actually got 1 over him and missed on 5 with the net result down 4 which i believe would have kept me second......

Being a bridesmaid 2 years running wasn't palatable young man so I've allowed you to be that person no one will remember......

And you just got lucky Ron was closing down on you, you as usual get erratic with your tips, your like a book you can be read.....

Was my being erratic the reason i ONLY finished 2nd Alex?? :gigglem:  Remind me again where you finished?

Jeez alex...starting already with the excuses why u could have won?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

1. Lance Franklin

This time last year, Buddy bowed out of football because of mental health and let’s not be too dramatic, but who knew what his f

11. Back to Back

WHAT I DON’T LIKE

1. Richmond

Mthe season.

10. Bookman finishing second

There is no shame in finishing second to KhunWill...the ever modest rascal of the North. But boy, I'd love to have seen his bold play rewarded with the ultimate trophy in AFL Tipping circles

Gotta love Slobbos work

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The Vic commentators will never change. I can't stand listening to Brereton screaming for frees for whichever Victorian team is playing an interstate side. (And dismissing obvious kicks the other way with comments like "soft" or "wasn't there".) 

Lockett Medal, I like it, makes sense.  The AFL goals record holder, not a regional competition person.

You would've thought back to back Locketts would've gotten a Like.

Don't get me started on Dermie...<deleted>!

Nice pooches mate.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I've been listed in 7th place when I have more tips than the guy in 6th.

Equal 4th on winners picked is reasonable considering the silly stuffups I made a couple of times.

The order they give here is for round 23 only and you come 7th on margin.

15 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

The order they give here is for round 23 only and you come 7th on margin.

The order they are listed in that graphic seems to be for round 23, I came 9th on margins.

However the number on the left seems to be the overall (season) ranking.

That is what I consider is wrong.

Edited by Old Croc

15 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Here you go fellas, the final layout...

That is after round 22. I am going to delete what I posted because there is at least one glaring error  where  ozzydom's and sobek's places should be reversed.