Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Grand Final teams are in...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams

Marsh dropped for Mills, McVeigh in for Aliir...

Doggies go in unchanged.

BRING ON SATURDAY!

No surprise Marsh was dropped...

Great news Callum Mills is back in!  His intercept marks and reading the ball coming in are excellent.  ALiir's intercept marks will be missed....McVeigh....I guess that's okay...a cool head...hopefully...i'm a bit concerned about some of decision making under pressure....see how many time he get tackled with the ball..

Even better is Suckling is not fit for the dogs and isn't playing and defender Boyd might be carrying an injury....

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

I know I know, I'm a glutton for punishment.

Was watching League Teams last night and Dermie said people will remember the Dogs making the GF

in the same way as people remember when man landed on the moon and when the Berlin Wall came down:rolleyes:

Imagine if they win the GF....

As u know Chimpy has jumped on the bandwagon...he will probably go back to the Saints next year if the Doggies lose.

Anyway he has been helping Callum Mills the last few weeks with his injury...knowing a few advanced  and secret Thai massage methods he learnt from some Chiang Mai Monks... He takes the credit for getting Callum almost match fit and ready...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BookMan said:

Hello hello hello.... Double Open Mike week?  Peter Gordon...

I've heard that if the Bulldogs win, there will be a daily Open Mike (Mon to Friday only).

Will start from the back pockets and work through the whole 22 players. Once the players are finished,

it will be the injured ones and the ones who missed out. When all of the players have been interviewed, it will go the coaches.

Once the players and coaches are done, it will be the administration. After that, past players will be on, followed by staff in general.

Once finished, the cheer squad will get their chance, along with the guys running the pie stand.

Foxtel have advised that this will see us through to next years pre-season games.

Stay tuned for more updates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

I've heard that if the Bulldogs win, there will be a daily Open Mike (Mon to Friday only).

Will start from the back pockets and work through the whole 22 players. Once the players are finished,

it will be the injured ones and the ones who missed out. When all of the players have been interviewed, it will go the coaches.

Once the players and coaches are done, it will be the administration. After that, past players will be on, followed by staff in general.

Once finished, the cheer squad will get their chance, along with the guys running the pie stand.

Foxtel have advised that this will see us through to next years pre-season games.

Stay tuned for more updates.

If Sydney win, all the Football shows will be running shows about 'How the Doggies almost won'

• Like 2

23 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

One of the best "Round Tables" this year... 

Of particular note, for me, Juddy talking about Goodesey... If you've ever questioned his integrity as a player or person, watch what Juddy has to say from about the 40 minute 40 second mark...

I liked it at the 15 minute mark where Juddy thanked Chimpy for helping him get over his chronic shoulder problems and apologized for not mentioning him in his Brownlow speech.

• Like 1

Tommy Tommy. We all know you have made a decison already. 2nd round draft pick, what a crock!
A case of clubs should be able to trade to whatever club they want to...great deal for Hawthorn

Out-of-contract Swan won't look beyond Grand Final

SYDNEY Swans midfielder Tom Mitchell isn't looking beyond Saturday's Grand Final and will leave discussions about his future until the end of the season.

The out-of-contract Mitchell has been strongly linked with a move to Hawthorn, with reports this week the Hawks could on-trade the second-round pick they are likely to obtain from Fremantle for Bradley Hill.

Rampe responds to kick up the backside 

Mitchell told AFL.com.au at the Grand Final parade on Friday he wasn't worried he could be playing his last game for the Swans. 

"It's something I haven't thought about all season," Mitchell said. 

"I'm sure the club and my manager will worry about that when the season's done, but it hasn't affected me.

"My focus is solely on the finals so far and the game tomorrow.

"I love Sydney and I love playing with a great bunch of blokes.

"We've come a long way this year and we just have to do whatever we can to get the job done." 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-30/outofcontract-swan-mitchell-wont-look-beyond-grand-final-

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Lets see if i can prove that good teams particularly in the finals can win any where....

Week 1

WCE loose at home to the Dogs

Cats win at home (MCG) over Hawks

Swans loose at home (ANZ) to Giants

Crows win at home over North.

away team 3-1...Cats play 80k down the freeway so there for even it a home game its actually an away game as Hawks are based at the G

Week 2

Hawks loose (MCG) to Dogs

Swans win (SCG) over Crows

away team 0-1 we dont count the Hawks game...though we should and if we did the it would no longer be rocket science over this issue...Dogs play just 7ks down the road ...

Week 3

Cats loose (MCG) to the Swans

GWS loose (SPO) to the Dogs

away team 2-0

There for my theory is proven correct......5  times the away team has won to 2 times the home team in this years finals.....Todays result means the best team on the day and possibly off the finals campaign will win....

You may argue over the Swans loss to GWS at ANZ as neither team played there until that final never the less it was in Sydney and as far as GWS were concerned they were playing away...

Also Hawks have MCG as there home so technically its a home game as the pups play over at Docklands...but to appease expansion members it wasnt counted though it should have been...

No more correspondence on this matter will be entered into the algebra proves theory is correct, expansion club members shall deem this as factual and there for refrain from making accusations and snide remarks to and at  Victorian members and teams....

Edited by AlexRRR

5 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Lets see if i can prove that good teams particularly in the finals can win any where....

Week 1

WCE loose at home to the Dogs

Cats win at home (MCG) over Hawks

Swans loose at home (ANZ) to Giants

Crows win at home over North.

away team 2-1 we dont count the Cats game

Week 2

Hawks loose (MCG) to Dogs

Swans win (SCG) over Crows

away team 0-1 we dont count the Hawks game...

Week 3

Cats loose (MCG) to the Swans

GWS loose (SPO) to the Dogs

away team 2-0

There for my theory is proven correct......4 times the away team has won to 2 times the home team in this years finals.....Todays result means the best team on the day and possibly off the finals campaign will win....

You may argue over the Swans loss to GWS at ANZ as neither team played there until that final never the less it was in Sydney and as far as GWS were concerned they were playing away...

Also Hawks have MCG as there home so technically its a home game as the pups play over at Docklands...but to appease expansion members it wasnt counted though it should have been...

No more correspondence on this matter will be entered into the algebra proves theory is correct, expansion club members shall deem this as factual and there for refrain from making accusations and snide remarks to and at  Victorian members and teams....

You haven't taken the bye into account...

Regardless of any one particular season's anomalous results...The point comes back to; Is it fair to top finishing teams that they don't receive the Home GF? 
No, it is not.

1 minute ago, BookMan said:

You haven't taken the bye into account...

Regardless of any one particular season's anomalous results...The point comes back to; Is it fair to top finishing teams that they don't receive the Home GF? 
No, it is not.

i edit my post young man....

NOTHING to do with FAIR...in love and war  and AFL....if your good enough you will win anywhere, the days of a Moorabbin under water all week are long gone, the wind tunnels of Windy Hill and Western Oval also long gone,  Dogs proved they can do it and so have a few other teams, thats it young fella you aint got a leg to stand on...

1 minute ago, AlexRRR said:

i edit my post young man....

NOTHING to do with FAIR...in love and war  and AFL....if your good enough you will win anywhere, the days of a Moorabbin under water all week are long gone, the wind tunnels of Windy Hill and Western Oval also long gone,  Dogs proved they can do it and so have a few other teams, thats it young fella you aint got a leg to stand on...

Saying if you are good enough you can win anywhere is not a great argument...Why should you have to win the BIGGEST game of the year, away from your home ground??  Possibly giving the opposing team a huge leg up and advantage.

Sydney finished 1st, DOggies 7th.  Sydney have earned a right to have an advantage, not a disadvantage, which is what they are getting.

By your logic, If you are good enough you can win anywhere...which is yet another reason not to give Melbourne based teams a year on year on year confected advantage by having all GFs held at the MCG.

I realise that if the GF should leave Melbourne it would upset many Victorians who have never left their home state and who wait for the GF paraded and weeks festivities as the social highlight of their year

16 minutes ago, BookMan said:

I realise that if the GF should leave Melbourne it would upset many Victorians who have never left their home state and who wait for the GF paraded and weeks festivities as the social highlight of their year

If the big dance was to ever leave Melbourne, Victoria will be pushing for secession from the rest of the country..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

OH fer #@%& sake!!!

swans tissues.jpg

Those boxes are issued to Sydney supporters at every Colingwood v Sydney game...to wipe away the froth and spit that comes from the Pies rabid supporters.

Gawd...imagine the whinging and whining from the VIC supporters when the GF isn't held in Melbourne

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:36 AM, BookMan said:

Settle down Tiger...

They have only played once so far this year...so lets not be counting then GF they haven't played yet!

No, he is right in what he says. They have played twice this year for two victories by the Western Bulldogs. :whistling:

• Like 1

That was a bit disappointing for Sydney fans..

Forward line went missing again..Hopefully Benny Mcglynn's last game for us.. Xavier richards fairly useless....Rohan...expected more...disappears in big games for big chunks...Buddy...got himself an injury and had almost no impact, but he had a two man tag team so the other players should have found space. papley should have done better as a small forward....

Midfields ..no complaints really
Backline..held up for the main...Mills had a poor game, result of recent lack of match fitness... 
Aliir was clearly missed.

Umpiring ..awful for Sydney. Crucial fifty/fifty decisions going Bulldogs way and other ones not being paid to Sydney at critical game moments....Sydney will feel aggrieved at quite a few.

For Sydney came down to poor forward performance and awful umpiring. 20.8 count against at the final whistle

Well, that's football innit...

That had to be one of the worst umpiring performances I've seen all year, even if the scoreline was a blowout as long as the fluorescent maggots didn't play a role, I'd have taken it that the Dogs were the better side.

They didn't exactly do what the Giants did to us but it was pretty close and how the <deleted> did Johannisen get the Norm Smith? Wasn't sighted off Nobbies until the last quarter...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrantSmith said:

Well, that's football innit...

That had to be one of the worst umpiring performances I've seen all year, even if the scoreline was a blowout as long as the fluorescent maggots didn't play a role, I'd have taken it that the Dogs were the better side.

They didn't exactly do what the Giants did to us but it was pretty clse and how the <deleted> did Johannisen get the Norm Smith? Wasn't sighted off Nobbies until the last quarter...

Having Brad Johnson on the voting panel was always going to guarantee a Doggies BOG.

McVeigh was also shi.t....i forgot about him...I was in favor of leaving the clown out of teh team to be frank.
Hanners and Jack had below average games...

Xav Richards was almost worst on ground...Mcglynn just pipped him for that honour... We would have been better with Rose or Towers...hindsight being wonderful and all that

oh...Tippet was also reasonably Sh..it.  Maybe is jaw, but we would have been better off with Nankervis. Naismith was twice the player Tippet was for the day

BUT

Zak Jones....Awesome game
Grundy...exceptional
Rampe...above average...
Lloyd...Very good
Callum Mills...nothing exceptional but i forgive him
Nick Smith...did what he always does.
McVeigh...Did i mention he was c.rap and I wouldn't have played him?
Laidler...almost forgot him because he was so cr.ap...hopefully never plays again for us

Edited by BookMan

10 minutes ago, joboss said:

The maggots have had all season to practice giving the advantage to the teams the AFL wants to win.

But that was a bit blatant. 

Awful...really.  At such critical moments calls that led to goals or didn't offer Sydney the chance to go forward by not receiving the free. The Umpires were caught up in the home ground advantage and circus at the MCG?

Take away a few of those decisions and the game was evenly balanced until the last 5 minutes when the Doggies held their nerve and kicked away

Yeah well...i wasnt taking sides and it was pretty clear early on who were the hunters, i was surprised to see the Dogs got the better of the free's yet i saw a holding in the Dogs froward line think last quarter go un noticed in the end if your making the play your going to get the results go your way.

Why wasn't Frankin playing further up the field until late in the game? he started to make a difference, and  i doubt he's 100% that belly of his looks like it carrying a few extra kilos........ Tippet? did he only come on late in the game? wasn't sighted before by me at least...

Sorry for the Swans supporters you will feel better tomorrow, i enjoyed the game was anyones until the last 10 min, Bulldogs can now claim there second only premiership and this now makes the Dee's as the club with the longest premiership drought,  52 years.....Swans broke theres at 72, Dogs at 61. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Yeah well...i wasnt taking sides and it was pretty clear early on who were the hunters, i was surprised to see the Dogs got the better of the free's yet i saw a holding in the Dogs froward line think last quarter go un noticed in the end if your making the play your going to get the results go your way.

Why wasn't Frankin playing further up the field until late in the game? he started to make a difference, and  i doubt he's 100% that belly of his looks like it carrying a few extra kilos........ Tippet? did he only come on late in the game? wasn't sighted before by me at least...

Sorry for the Swans supporters you will feel better tomorrow, i enjoyed the game was anyones until the last 10 min, Bulldogs can now claim there second only premiership and this now makes the Dee's as the club with the longest premiership drought,  52 years.....Swans broke theres at 72, Dogs at 61. 

Buddy got a foot injury early in the first Q..was down to teh room a few times...His mobility was limited for the first half of the game..
Tippet had a shi.t game...but he does have a hairline jaw fracture so maybe that was on his mind?...anyway, he is paid the big bucks to perform and he didn't.

As for the Umps...It was a tight game and it should be clear to anyone watching that they influenced the first 3 quarter to a detrimental degree