Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Not happy that the AFL has agreed to let Hird present the Norm Smith medal.

Not sure if the old fella (Norm) has carcked it,if he has he would be turning in his grave.

There's many a good man out there to do this job that has an untarnished record,i don't understand.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Not sure if the old fella (Norm) has carcked it,if he has he would be turning in his grave.

There's many a good man out there to do this job that has an untarnished record,i don't understand.   

I've got no drama's with it.

It's his turn as he won it in 2000.

It's Shaun Hart's turn next year.

Time to move on from the drugs saga methinks.

I'm just hoping he doesn't get booed.

Edited by Will27

10 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Good luck with that....

I'm just hoping that the winning supporters will be too happy to

care about booing him and the majority of the losing supporters will be on

their way home to drown their sorrows.

One can only hope.

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I'm with you, this cheating piece of druggie slim should be banned from all football association.  What sort of image does this send to kids, cheat, lie and show no remorse and we will reward you on AFL'S biggest day.  Who next, Ben Cousins gets day release to be honoured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Eddie McGuire will return to AFL's The Footy Show after a 12-year absence but it was his stunning weight loss that proved a bigger topic of discussion on Thursday.

It was announced last month McGuire, who was the original host of the program when it started in 1994, would replace host Craig Hutchison to address a slight dip in the ratings.

Speaking to Today, McGuire said he was "jumping out of his skin" about his return to The Footy Show before the conversation quickly shifted to his remarkable weight loss.

"To be honest, there's not many fat 90-year-olds around the place," McGuire said.

"I looked out the window one day and saw this fat bloke walking towards me and realised I was looking in the mirror"

"I thought I better get myself going here, I've got a couple of young blokes and there's a lot of life left to be lived and I just knuckled down and got myself sorted."

Host Karl Stefanovic asked: "Is it true you didn't eat for two weeks or something?"

McGuire replied: "Yeah this is not for everybody but for me I went on this Chinese diet.

"You drink these Chinese herbs, they taste like Yarra water, it's the worst thing I've ever tasted in all my life."

Stefanovic interrupted: "You're lucky to be alive."

McGuire: "It was the Yarra water and fresh air diet for two weeks and then you gradually bring the food in.

"Basically what it is is you store fat because when we were cavemen and cavewomen you were holding it on in case there was no wildebeest that winter so I didn't eat wildebeest for three weeks.

"I got it off and I've kept it off. Now I can train really well because I'm not lumping around an extra 20 kilos. It's been good. I recommend it to everyone."

McGuire, who started every show "What a big week it's been in football", said he was looking to his return and working with his old sparring partner, Sam Newman.

"Can't believe we're back again," McGuire said.

"1994. Wow. Unbelievable, but jumping out of my skin for tonight.

"It's going to be great. 8:30pm, Channel Nine. Going to be back on the old Footy Show alongside Rebecca Maddern who of course wasn't there in 1994, I think she was in about grade 3.

"But Sam Newman was 70 back in 1994, he's still there. That's good.

"Everything we used to have, breaking news, the best interviews, they topics and a lot of fun.

"That's what it's going to be."

I haven't watch it since they tried to make it overly politically correct by bringing in that female anchor.  Geez she annoys the hell out of me and she never pulled on a pair of boots.  If she was given the boot I'm sure ratings will pick up.

• Like 1

On Hird....theres a case for and a case against, in cases like this should be mandatory for the person involved to go missing for 10 plus ys after the deed no need to hold grudges regardless of what it is, as Chooks stated there wasn't any remorse and he dragged it out to make it worse, a long time out would have been sufficient for people to forget.

The AFL "think" to much, show leadership in unusual places, personally I don't care as I have a working brain that can think for it self out there there are not, lot of simpleton's in varying degrees who are sucked into the marketing the spin of things, so soon after the scandal one raises the eyes and says "what the f*** they for real"?

Fantasy GF....Jo will be in delight this morning.....Grant will be happy too...im one man down....have done my changes no mid emergency....ho my...oh dear.......inclusion of 2 real Dee's Gawn and Big MacDonald pushes it out to 4, with Oliver and Hibbered already there.....Can the real Dee's have a great game for me again as they did in year 1 GF? Grant will hope not....I will hope so, Jo just wants to hang it on me.......what to do what to do?

27 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Talk about a witch hunt on Toby Greene.

Anybody who has played the game knows there was nothing wrong with his marking action.

Must be short on good umps at the moment.Utter clown for making that decision to report. 

I agree mate.

Was targeted by the ump I reckon.

Ump must've thought he deliberately kicked him in the head,

so he would have to get 5 or 6 weeks if guilty.

I'm with Duck. No case to answer.

IMO, shouldn't  matter if it's a marking contest or not.

I also reckon Dalhaus ran into his boot.

• Like 1

“I don’t know why we’re actually debating it,” premiership coach Paul Roos said on Fox Footy.

“It’s not a natural football action, is it? I’m happy to (grade it) careless and low impact. Fine him $1500.

“He has to go for something. You cannot allow that to happen on a footy field. (But) I don’t think he intentionally tries to kick him. I think it’s careless and you’ve got a duty of care.”

Roos is FOS,he scammed Melbourne for good doe and has carried it through to the media.

It was his game style of not natural football actions at the Swans that changed the game to the mess it is around the ball.

BTW he was one of my idols(when at fitzroy) as a youngster.

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

“I don’t know why we’re actually debating it,” premiership coach Paul Roos said on Fox Footy.

“It’s not a natural football action, is it? I’m happy to (grade it) careless and low impact. Fine him $1500.

“He has to go for something. You cannot allow that to happen on a footy field. (But) I don’t think he intentionally tries to kick him. I think it’s careless and you’ve got a duty of care.”

Seems to me like Roosey is having 50 cents each way.

Hard to see how it's low impact if the player needs stitches to stop the blood.

I reckon he either get's a good whack or get's off.

I still reckon it's no case to answer.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Seems to me like Roosey is having 50 cents each way.

Hard to see how it's low impact if the player needs stitches to stop the blood.

I reckon he either get's a good whack or get's off.

I still reckon it's no case to answer.

OMG that was a bad bad bad decision by Toby, no matter how you look at it lifting the leg up that high is going to hurt someone, he's got form and he should go down and down and down, he is missing a few important bits up top, any angle any speed it all looks the same, should be smarter than that and he isn't, if he don't get a couple of weeks I will follow the eagles next year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

OMG that was a bad bad bad decision by Toby, no matter how you look at it lifting the leg up that high is going to hurt someone, he's got form and he should go down and down and down, he is missing a few important bits up top, any angle any speed it all looks the same, should be smarter than that and he isn't, if he don't get a couple of weeks I will follow the eagles next year.

If you promise not to bring Jack Watts, I'll put in a few good words for you:tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I said there was something wrong with coaching at the Bulldogs when Tim English was concussed a few weeks back.

Last night just proved it,they lack awareness around the ball,Toby new exactly what he was doing,protecting himself.

Let the play begin today so i can move on.

Clubs just don't let anyone in these days Alex,you would most likely be screened to see if you uphold the integrity of what the Eagles expect of their supporters.An ex Dee is not a favourable start.:smile:

Ahhhh you mean they won't accept me because I only drink light beer?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 6:13 AM, farmerjo said:
I said there was something wrong with coaching at the Bulldogs when Tim English was concussed a few weeks back.
Last night just proved it,they lack awareness around the ball,Toby new exactly what he was doing,protecting himself.
Let the play begin today so i can move on.
Clubs just don't let anyone in these days Alex,you would most likely be screened to see if you uphold the integrity of what the Eagles expect of their supporters.An ex Dee is not a favourable start.[emoji2]

Does he like Chardonay ?:whistling:

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Half time Fantasy Grand Final Report.....

Dee's 1247 vs Grants Swans 1396......Dees one down on the bench and it a top mid...might come down to the captains and the real Dee's once more, Mitchell has lowered his colours the last 2 weeks another just below the ton could damage Grants hold on the game, on the other hand big Max mountain man Gawn 140 last week with the previous week as productive will push the Swans to the wall, big MacDonald will need the best game of the season while Ollie Wines needs to pull up his socks, a great friend of Jack Viney hopefully he will or the cup goes to Grant on his third attempt.....

I will spend the afternoon in the pool to simulate the Hua His experience of year one.....

Edited by AlexRRR

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

It's got graffiti all over.  Dons and Dogs going down opens up the 8 for Saints and Dee's.   Elimination final today and the saints don't travel that we'll.   The 2 km trek from Etihad to the MCG is an advantage for the Dee's. 

Ahhh the life of A battler.....its signed by the team dear boy, I can't make out one signature its pretty much scribble but....BUT its around 15 to10 years old which places it around the last decent era the club had Primus cut sponsorship around 2008.

WILL have to remove it from its frame as Jetstar won't let me bring it onboard like that.....and remember Andy? Andrew Leoncellie the former Blue who cut down a nutter on board a plane recently? made it in the 150 club at the Dee's 

Didn't know Mike Sheahan the Fox Jurno follows the Dee's....know now..

As for todays game mr Chooks won't matter who wins neither will be going far in September just making up numbers.

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Ahhh the life of A battler.....its signed by the team dear boy, I can't make out one signature its pretty much scribble but....BUT its around 15 to10 years old which places it around the last decent era the club had Primus cut sponsorship around 2008.

WILL have to remove it from its frame as Jetstar won't let me bring it onboard like that.....and remember Andy? Andrew Leoncellie the former Blue who cut down a nutter on board a plane recently? made it in the 150 club at the Dee's 

Didn't know Mike Sheahan the Fox Jurno follows the Dee's....know now..

As for todays game mr Chooks won't matter who wins neither will be going far in September just making up numbers.

Yes true but anything apart from making up numbers will be a failure.  Both knocking on the door last year.  Saints missed by % anything lower is a slide back

• Like 1

Dear my Fj please do the fantasy wrap up as I will be out all day and we'll
Into the evening you may if you wish continue on next year as well as I will retire at least from that side of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Dear my Fj please do the fantasy wrap up as I will be out all day and we'll
Into the evening you may if you wish continue on next year as well as I will retire at least from that side of it...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well done Farmer on winning the fantasy grand final.  Sorry to see Alex has retired.

• Like 1

FREMANTLE has emphatically dismissed a Perth radio claim that Dockers coach Ross Lyon approached Collingwood about becoming its next senior coach.

The Dockers released a statement on Sunday afternoon to shut down "spurious claims" made by 1985 Brownlow medallist Brad Hardie on Perth radio station 6PR.

Lyon expressed his "disgust" at suggestions he had contacted the Magpies about succeeding coach Nathan Buckley, and pledged his loyalty to the Dockers.

"I am bitterly disappointed that such so-called journalism even sees the light of day," Lyon said in a statement.

"I have contacted Brad Hardie directly and voiced my disgust at his comments.

"They are totally without foundation and not based on fact in any way, shape or form.

"Such an erroneous and reckless claim should be exposed for what it is – a complete fabrication and a falsehood."

Lyon added he was fully dedicated to serving the Dockers, where he is contracted until the end of 2020.

"It is also important for our members and supporters to know that I couldn't be more be committed to what we are trying to achieve as a club at the Fremantle Dockers," the coach said.

"I can assure our members and supporters that I am totally focused on returning the club to sustained finals success."

Dockers chief executive Steve Rosich also voiced his anger, slamming the claim.

"Our club has a policy of not responding to rumour and innuendo, however in this case, because the report is utterly false and personal in nature, we felt compelled as a club to issue today's statement," Rosich said.

"(Lyon's) sole focus is on returning the team to a pathway of sustained finals success.

"Ross's application and dedication to what we are trying to achieve as a club has not wavered and cannot be questioned."

Lyon stunned the football world when he joined Fremantle at the end of 2011 after coaching St Kilda in three Grand Finals.