Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

A quick wrap of this weeks fantasy.

Alex's Delightful Dees had a good percentage booster over Numnuts 1877-1009 and will be delighted with his red and blue scorers.

Great score of 1967 for Grannys Apples to get over Rip with 1840(good score as well)

Final game came down to the last minute of the last game with FJ's Flyers falling across the line over Chooks Saints

1648-1642.

So after 5 games the ladder is Grannys Apples undefeated followed FJ,Alex,Chook,Rip and Numbnuts bringing up the rear.

I am glad Numnuts is there but in reality I am last.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

MEDICAL ROOM
St Kilda: McCartin came from the field early in the second term and appeared to have some blood tests and treatment to his leg before returning to the ground shortly afterwards. Ten minutes later, McCartin was involved in an accidental head clash with Neville Jetta. The Saint spearhead took a few seconds to get to his feet and came from the ground again soon after and headed into the Saints' rooms. He returned at the six-minute mark of third term and played out the game until he came to the interchange bench for the final term midway through the final quarter.

I reckon the Saints have got more to worry about than continually bagging a 22 year old TBH Chooks.

McCartin put in a reasonable game considering he had 10 underachiving team mates, until that heavy knock i thought he was in the Saints best 3, there is something wrong at Moorabbin, cant believe how there midfield has just basically stopped, either a few off them arnt up to it or something wrong with the coaching staff....i more inclined to think a few of them mids are over rated, there was some talk here in Melbourne about the underachieving Saints and the finger was pointed at there recruiting over the last 5 years and how out of touch with reality there board was to set a timetable for there rise and next flag, very obvious there is egg all over there faces now.

I didnt think the Dee's played a great game of course it was enjoyable to never have been worried after quarter time, not much intensity from Saint Kilda and im happy to take the win.

• Like 2

<deleted> me gently fella's.

Nic Nat whacked: Star Eagle facing ban

Match review officer Michael Christian assessed Naitanui's tackle as careless, medium impact and high contact.

"This was a dangerous tackle, which we deemed to be unreasonable in the circumstances in that he drove Amon into the ground with excessive force while Amon was in a vulnerable position with his arms pinged," Christian said on Monday afternoon.

Arms pinged!!

If WC don't appeal this, I'm going for the Dockers.

DcknXEDUQAAJF9r.jpg

Text book tackle

• Like 1

Christian was a fair football player.

Maybe the afl should have gone with someone who knows not bad,good bad,bad bad and really bad.

I would of given it a 50 metre penalty stretched out to 70.

1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

Christian was a fair football player.

Maybe the afl should have gone with someone who knows not bad,good bad,bad bad and really bad.

I would of given it a 50 metre penalty stretched out to 70.

Copped a free for in the back which I agree with, but IMO, that's all it should've been.

• Like 1

A dishevelled looking Ben Cousins has refused to explain why he quit a support role at the West Coast Eagles.

9 News caught up with troubled former Eagles star outside his Perth home in Bicton this morning.

Carrying a large duffle bag and sporting a long beard and hair, he refused to answer any questions.

Ben Cousins has been back with the club, working three days a week as part of his parole conditions.

He was employed in a community football role since his release from prison in January.

But West Coast has confirmed Cousins told the club three weeks ago he didn't want to continue that job.

Officials have told Nine News they are concerned for the welfare of the 39-year-old as they have been for many years.

Loss of employment doesn’t constitute a breach of Cousins’ parole conditions, but he is required to search for alternative work or engage in training activities.

On 07/05/2018 at 6:05 PM, Will27 said:

<deleted> me gently fella's.

Nic Nat whacked: Star Eagle facing ban

Match review officer Michael Christian assessed Naitanui's tackle as careless, medium impact and high contact.

"This was a dangerous tackle, which we deemed to be unreasonable in the circumstances in that he drove Amon into the ground with excessive force while Amon was in a vulnerable position with his arms pinged," Christian said on Monday afternoon.

Arms pinged!!

If WC don't appeal this, I'm going for the Dockers.

DcknXEDUQAAJF9r.jpg

It use to be holding the ball.....depending of the angle of the sun it use to be in the back too....

1 hour ago, Ron19 said:

A dishevelled looking Ben Cousins has refused to explain why he quit a support role at the West Coast Eagles.

9 News caught up with troubled former Eagles star outside his Perth home in Bicton this morning.

Carrying a large duffle bag and sporting a long beard and hair, he refused to answer any questions.

Ben Cousins has been back with the club, working three days a week as part of his parole conditions.

He was employed in a community football role since his release from prison in January.

But West Coast has confirmed Cousins told the club three weeks ago he didn't want to continue that job.

Officials have told Nine News they are concerned for the welfare of the 39-year-old as they have been for many years.

Loss of employment doesn’t constitute a breach of Cousins’ parole conditions, but he is required to search for alternative work or engage in training activities.

What does it take to lock up someone with mental health issues? Does he have to kill someone?

Here in victoria we use to have mental asylums then Premier Jeff Kennet closed them all, after that stupid money saving grab for cash a number off cases police faced injury and death were forced to shoot there attackers, quite a few "mentally unstable" people were killed a few more locked up only to get out again...

• Like 1

Nic Nat got tribunal Whacked so from now on it will be deemed a forward spear tackle.

Unless your the same height and weight(duty of care).

There was a lot pinned on the Doc's opinion,maybe both sides Doc's can have a joint say?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Nic Nat got tribunal Whacked so from now on it will be deemed a forward spear tackle.

Unless your the same height and weight(duty of care).

There was a lot pinned on the Doc's opinion,maybe both sides Doc's can have a joint say?

Maybe they will bring a rule in where you can only tackle someone the same height and weight as yourself:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

<deleted> hell Nic Nat copped the raw end of the stick there... I think he's tackled 3 blokes like that exact same way this year and only once was he paid a free against and to then cop a suspension for his troubles, can't help but feel he got hard done by. 

If his tackle on Amon was that bad, he should've been rubbed out for his tackle on Nick Smith in round 1, where you could easily argue those tackles were carbon copies of each other, I think Smith also had a 'moment' where he was a little groggy but Nic Nat got the free for holding the ball and Smith carried on seemingly unphased. 

I hope he doesn't change his tackling style too much, those tackles bring the game alive! 

• Like 1

It never rains but it pours.

Two pieces of news emanating out of the media today.

Bombshell from @SammyHeraldSun. Fremantle lining up Peter Sumich to potentially replace Ross Lyon. Lyon's job hanging in balance, says Gerard Whateley.

Fremantle star Bradley Hill under police investigation for breaching move-on notice, giving false name

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/fremantle-star-bradley-hill-under-police-investigation-for-breaching-move-on-notice-giving-false-name-ng-1311f23649d55988113671a776b45ba6

19 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

<deleted> hell Nic Nat copped the raw end of the stick there... I think he's tackled 3 blokes like that exact same way this year and only once was he paid a free against and to then cop a suspension for his troubles, can't help but feel he got hard done by. 

If his tackle on Amon was that bad, he should've been rubbed out for his tackle on Nick Smith in round 1, where you could easily argue those tackles were carbon copies of each other, I think Smith also had a 'moment' where he was a little groggy but Nic Nat got the free for holding the ball and Smith carried on seemingly unphased. 

I hope he doesn't change his tackling style too much, those tackles bring the game alive! 

Agree he should have been rubbed out for the earlier tackles - all of which involved lifting/driving/slamming and designed to seriously hurt.   Good to see that tackle 'style' finally flagged as being unacceptable -  with no limitation on legitimate hard hits.  

• Haha 1

It never rains but it pours.

Two pieces of news emanating out of the media today.

Bombshell from @SammyHeraldSun. Fremantle lining up Peter Sumich to potentially replace Ross Lyon. Lyon's job hanging in balance, says Gerard Whateley.

Fremantle star Bradley Hill under police investigation for breaching move-on notice, giving false name

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/fremantle-star-bradley-hill-under-police-investigation-for-breaching-move-on-notice-giving-false-name-ng-1311f23649d55988113671a776b45ba6

Yeah well Ross ,managed to extend his coaching career by 5 years when he left the Saints, few coaches get a second chance these days, normal when your under pressure rumours begin to swirl....if he should be replaced it wont be Sumich, he's been over looked once to often for it to be a credible story.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Well folks....the MCG will under be water tonight I just revised my margin to reflect it...its pissing down almost non stop from well last night...got a reprise when I went to the shopping centre walking from car in but hey it came back by the time I walked out..I will need too put a life jacket on cho my dog when he goes outside side for his business....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Well folks....the MCG will under water tonight I just revised my margin to reflect it...its pissing down almost non stop from well last night...got a reprise when I went to the shopping centre walking from car in but hey it came back by the time I walked out..I will need too put a life jacket on cho my dog when he goes to side for his business....

Good idea to revise.

Either way, you can't see it being a blowout if it's heavy rain all game.

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Good idea to revise.

Either way, you can't see it being a blowout if it's heavy rain all game.

Forecast is for rain rain rain rain and rain....all the builders and brickies are home today...

• Like 1

ps...melbourne once a year gets a full day of rain and normal its half drizzle....today is half way to a tropical type cyclone type of rain quite hard at times they will need to issue the players tonight either a rain coat in team coolers or a life jacket...

4 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

ps...melbourne once a year gets a full day of rain and normal its half drizzle....today is half way to a tropical type cyclone type of rain quite hard at times they will need to issue the players tonight either a rain coat in team coolers or a life jacket...

I was leaning towards the Hawks but I think the wet weather will favour Sydney.

• Like 1

Looks like Chooks might get his wish.

Seven concussions must be getting to a tipping point where he won't play on.

Gotta feel for the young fella.

Paddy's diagnosis changed to seventh KO

A SEVENTH concussion since 2014 will sideline luckless St Kilda forward Paddy McCartin for Sunday's clash against

Fremantle, after he was originally diagnosed with whiplash.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-11/paddys-diagnosis-changed-to-seventh-ko