Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

To summarize:
Swans decision to bring in Buddy, 2nd best player ever in your words, was a stroke of genius

Nope......he cost to much and the proof is in the pudding......NO GF win while he has been at the Swans...

So far Hawks and Cats have plundered FA and there come up short, only Tigers got a GF win with  a couple of FA pick ups  in the team, im talking about taking big name players here.....

Its a flawed idea to top up your key positions with FA's, taking good arounders like May and Leaver isnt like taking Lynch and Franklin, i guess in time the boat will level out as its now becomeing a way of life in the AFL...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Nope......he cost to much and the proof is in the pudding......NO GF win while he has been at the Swans...

So far Hawks and Cats have plundered FA and there come up short, only Tigers got a GF win with  a couple of FA pick ups  in the team, im talking about taking big name players here.....

Its a flawed idea to top up your key positions with FA's, taking good arounders like May and Leaver isnt like taking Lynch and Franklin, i guess in time the boat will level out as its now becomeing a way of life in the AFL...

Steven May and Jake Lever were THE sought after big fish of their years. Melbourne ponied up extraordinary $$$ for their services

So far all Melbourne has got in return is a Frequent Eater membership at PieFace from Stevie May and a realization that Jakeie Lever is an average player on millionaire dollars. 

At least Melbourne recruiters have the Frequent Eater membership from Steven May so the humble pie they scoff down every week is much cheaper than it could have been

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Brayshaw was reading your post dear WILL.....discarded the helmet in todays demolition of North at Arden st, hope you had better things to do up on the farm today Fj.....there was nothing in it for you to see....her we go...her we goo go goooo

Forgot all about it,been out in the tropical sun.

Our preseason form is a bit shakey at this stage.

Did we have any good players on the park.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Steven May and Jake Lever were THE sought after big fish of their years. Melbourne ponied up extraordinary $$$ for their services

So far all Melbourne has got in return is a Frequent Eater membership at PieFace from Stevie May and a realization that Jakeie Lever is an average player on millionaire dollars. 

At least Melbourne recruiters have the Frequent Eater membership from Steven May so the humble pie they scoff down every week is much cheaper than it could have been

Around 700,000 each sir......thats not big money in the AFL...

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

I don't think you can judge a trades success by premierships old bean.

Buddy has been sensational for the Swans.

People are saying the same about Tim Kelly, if WC don't win one without him

the trade's been a dud. One player is rarely the difference in winning one.

We traded 2 late first rounders for him and 2 2nd rounders for 2 3rd rounders.

Hopefully will get 6/7 good years out of him.

Your argeument about topping up with quality FA's is flawed methinks.

They cost you nothing.

I still don't think it's right that the best side in the comp get's the best FA in the comp for free.

But that's just me.

WRONG....if your taking a Franklin or Lynch yes you are....even a Timmy Kelly....maybe he to a lesser extent, these guys cost big bucks and AFL awards first round pics to the previous clubs...

It seems clubs get  teams close to the window then go looking for the short term fix by pulling in a few FA.

FA was meant to give players some control over there future and a chance for players in top clubs not getting a game in the ones a chance elsewhere.

Its professional environment AFL, the home sick and all the other <deleted> that goes on shows were not there yet.

Going back to North in the 70's and 80's where Ron B was coach, Norths reserves would have easily beaten the Dee's and Saints of the day, in fact Norths reserves could have easily made the 5 so strong were they for a few years....

FA was about giving these guys the opportunity to play in the first at other clubs...

Moore went to Dee's from Pies....zero...even he won a Brownlow with us...the AFL is littered with this stories like that.....

Wells did got to the Blues and win a flag as did our other captain in Stan Alves to North but there are more failures than winners by a country mile sirs....

I recon paying out much mula for a top end without guys around him at your club is a waste of time and money...in the case of the Swans being in Illusion City where the beautiful people are and only align themselves with winners Franklin and them 2 Saint hacks that played for them was about marketing...but hey only one flag did go up there in 70 odd years...I rest my case...

Around 700,000 each sir......thats not big money in the AFL...

700k! You crack me up 'ol fella ????????????

Lever is reported on $800k a season, the second highest paid defender in the AFL at the time he was signed. You guys gave up pick 6 for Lever

Steven May was on $950k a season at Gold Coast, so we can assume he is on $1million a season at Melbourne. You guys also gave up pick 6 for that!!  The millionaire dollar May turns up to Melbourne like he has done his fitness routine studying Porky Pig cartoons

• Like 1

I recon paying out much mula for a top end without guys around him at your club is a waste of time and money...in the case of the Swans being in Illusion City where the beautiful people are and only align themselves with winners Franklin and them 2 Saint hacks that played for them was about marketing...but hey only one flag did go up there in 70 odd years...I rest my case...

You need to forget about your Melbourne Vixens and read up on your AFL History

Regarding the 'hacks'

The recruitment of Tony Lockett, the greatest goalscorer in the History of AFL from the Saints, turned the Sydney club around. It brought back crowds, increased membership and importantly gained front page media coverage in a market dominated by Rugby League. That one recruitment sent us to a Grand Final in 1996 and was the start of the turnaround into the professionally run club Sydney is today.

Big Bad Barry Hall was another marque player we needed and it was partly his efforts that gave us our 2005 grand final victory. He was also a crowd favourite and brought people through the gate and gave media attention

Then we have Buddy. He gave his all in 2 GFs for us, and has increase membership and gotten incredible media coverage in the Sydney media space. You yourself describe him as the 2nd Greatest AFL player of all time.

The commonality of all three recruitment was each player was a STAR and a match winner. Each player brought in the crowds. People came to see these guys play. They brought in media attention, they changed the game in the Sydney market. They were paid a premium because they were worth the premium.

Do crowds come to the game to watch Melbourne's highest paid players in Lever and May play? :coffee1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

You need to forget about your Melbourne Vixens and read up on your AFL History

Regarding the 'hacks'

The recruitment of Tony Lockett, the greatest goalscorer in the History of AFL from the Saints, turned the Sydney club around. It brought back crowds, increased membership and importantly gained front page media coverage in a market dominated by Rugby League. That one recruitment sent us to a Grand Final in 1996 and was the start of the turnaround into the professionally run club Sydney is today.

Big Bad Barry Hall was another marque player we needed and it was partly his efforts that gave us our 2005 grand final victory. He was also a crowd favourite and brought people through the gate and gave media attention

Then we have Buddy. He gave his all in 2 GFs for us, and has increase membership and gotten incredible media coverage in the Sydney media space. You yourself describe him as the 2nd Greatest AFL player of all time.

The commonality of all three recruitment was each player was a STAR and a match winner. Each player brought in the crowds. People came to see these guys play. They brought in media attention, they changed the game in the Sydney market. They were paid a premium because they were worth the premium.

Do crowds come to the game to watch Melbourne's highest paid players in Lever and May play? :coffee1:

Excuse me.....1 flag after selling everything but the kitchen sink......well i did say Sydney is a differant case due to the wannbe crowed who would only go to the footy if there team was winning......

As for your cost estimates on the Demond defense stragey plz show proof of quitely shut up.....

Ho your from Sydney arent you...a refugee now, well everyone loves a winner especially up in NSW...

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's right at the top end.

I think most clubs have one or 2 players around the $900 000 to a million mark

but $700 is up there.

Think yo might find 600 to 800,000 you will have quite a few on dear sir....no way a team like the Cats with like 5 mids that could be playing anywhere would not be on 7 to 800,000, which means they got a lot on lower pay with performance thrown in...

• Thanks 1

All this hooo harrr about what players are getting etc is just that, they know there worth and i bet some under the table stuff is going on too.....its like the coronavirus if we all want to belive what the press is telling us....I wasnt born yesterday, the virus wasnt reported on for months, if you think the first case that walked threw the door was diagnosed then im Batman, and wow the chinks acted so fast to build a hospital in like 3 days becasue they had known about it for like months....yes months.....thats why it seemed to spread so quickly to Italy etc....i mean how long was that ship at sea for? so your telling me the passangers got the virus just like the virgin mary got pregnant of baby jesus by imaculate conception?

Come on now....and the stock market goes up and down like a yoyo becasue of natural causes....come on now fellas.....so your telling me Tim Kelly went to WCE casue he needed to be close to family and took a 300,000 pay cut to do it right, happy to play for first year salary....come on man.....with the pay the Cats would have payed him he could have shipped over the entire tribe.....you wanna get a grip of yourself especially you bookman...no not your penise let the little head go fella .......

• Haha 1

Im all fired up.....its my lunch....i blame my lunch.....went to the local fair for want of a better name...you know kids and family stuff....so happy to be over the spoilt kids stage anyway there was a what turned out to be a poor excuse for a taco van there....now i wish i had of went and got a burger....but i ate to many while in Thailand, the food was junk and since when do they serve up mexican food with purple salad i ask you? frigging never, but they did, not only that, no spices of any description and my can of pepsi max was cooler than just luke warm....and of all days the sun decided to come out and actually be pleasant....i had to buy an icecream on the way home to kill the taste.....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

As for your cost estimates on the Demond defense stragey plz show proof of quitely shut up.....

Not sure what strategy Melbourne has in defense, other than they are making Millionaires of underperforming players.

May was on 950K a year + endorsements on the Gold coast. You think he would take a 30%pay cut to go to Melbourne?  Add in that Gold Coast could match the offer and other clubs were interested, 950K to a million is about right.

Jake Lever was the same. The sought after defender of the year, Melbourne fell over themselves to lock him in, in what they thought would be the premiership challenge year in 18/2019 (Melbourne finished 17th last year BTW)

Ho your from Sydney arent you...a refugee now, well everyone loves a winner especially up in NSW...

Swans have been winning for 20 years now, so yes people are used to it. Nothing wrong with expecting and receiving high standards

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Actually enjoyed the state of origin last night.  A nice entree for the season proper in a couple of weeks.  The Vics stuck it right up them as Ted would have said

Leon Cameron would have been happy with what he saw from his players.

• Like 2

All this hooo harrr about what players are getting etc is just that, they know there worth and i bet some under the table stuff is going on too.....its like the coronavirus if we all want to belive what the press is telling us....I wasnt born yesterday, the virus wasnt reported on for months, if you think the first case that walked threw the door was diagnosed then im Batman, and wow the chinks acted so fast to build a hospital in like 3 days becasue they had known about it for like months....yes months.....thats why it seemed to spread so quickly to Italy etc....i mean how long was that ship at sea for? so your telling me the passangers got the virus just like the virgin mary got pregnant of baby jesus by imaculate conception?

Come on now....and the stock market goes up and down like a yoyo becasue of natural causes....come on now fellas.....so your telling me Tim Kelly went to WCE casue he needed to be close to family and took a 300,000 pay cut to do it right, happy to play for first year salary....come on man.....with the pay the Cats would have payed him he could have shipped over the entire tribe.....you wanna get a grip of yourself especially you bookman...no not your penise let the little head go fella .......

Uncle Alex,

As a 2nd year player, under the CBA, Kelly was on a base of $100 000 per year

plus about $4000 per game. So just North of $200 000 a season.

This was one of the reasons Geelong didn't trade him in his 2nd year as they were paying

him peanuts. 

He was going to get a huge increase wherever he went.

Geelong offered him a contract worth $800 000 for 5 years.

West coast offered him $850 000 for 6 years.

It was reported that Lever signed a 5 year deal for $750 000 to $800 000 per year, which

by my reckoning, makes him the highest paid half back flanker in the history of the game.

Steven May is on a 5 year deal believed to be around $900 000 a year,

plus a Jesters Pies discount card.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex,

As a 2nd year player, under the CBA, Kelly was on a base of $100 000 per year

plus about $4000 per game. So just North of $200 000 a season.

This was one of the reasons Geelong didn't trade him in his 2nd year as they were paying

him peanuts. 

He was going to get a huge increase wherever he went.

Geelong offered him a contract worth $800 000 for 5 years.

West coast offered him $850 000 for 6 years.

It was reported that Lever signed a 5 year deal for $750 000 to $800 000 per year, which

by my reckoning, makes him the highest paid half back flanker in the history of the game.

Steven May is on a 5 year deal believed to be around $900 000 a year,

plus a Jesters Pies discount card.

Yes well most AFL players are not earning there keep in my book..... Ive never rated May anyway, like did you notice how excited I got when they were trying to do a deal to grab him? and yes id put Leaver over May at least he can break up forward thrusts, think you have to rate him better than a half back flanker there WILL, ( was looking like his old Crow days in that first Marsh match by the way) with the lines so blurred these days on where guys play he is a centre half back.....that justifies his bigger pay packet, May in a good team might actually begin to play better and be  more effective due to having someone to kick it to who can make it happen, assuming the Red and dark Blue can get it together this year and people stay healthy there is a good chance them two will look like there worth there bickies..... That Mitch Brown has been a good pick up, we now can rotate 3 talls in the forward line, anyway every team is getting better its down to the coaches, its down to the condioning staff.

I dont go for buying everything around to make a team....Tigers basically were a built team, premiership Hawks were too as were the Eagles...Its a flawed idea to plunder other teams.....so far thas the case....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I dont go for buying everything around to make a team....Tigers basically were a built team, premiership Hawks were too as were the Eagles...Its a flawed idea to plunder other teams.....so far thas the case....

Where do you place the current Hawthorn team, being a bought-in team if you include:
Tom Mitchell

Jack Scrimshaw

Jaeger O'meara

Wingard

Tom Scully

Jonny Patton

plus
Ben Mcevoy (saints)

James Frawley (MELBOURNE)

Burgoyne

Gunston

And that maybe the case to now but that day is about to change, Hawks are plundering FA in a big way and if they should win a flag anytime soon the flood gates WILL open, like it or not and im not a fan of it the major codes overseas churn players threw there ranks big time, player movement is high between clubs so its coming, soon you wont recognise your clubs list anymore.....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/28/sport/tom-brady-nfl-future-spt-intl/index.html Tom Brady WILL become a FA shortly for the first time in 20 years, lot of chit chat to where he could be going, still a high ranking QB, but im telling you he WILL stay put, firstly the Pats owner loves him like a son, second he has a great working relationship with his long time coach, always taken under his worth in contracts, so far 30% more in a 2 year deal being thrown around, Brady has never gone for the money in his 20 ys, Patriots (and im a proud owner of one of there T-shirts and hoodie) WILL restructure the offence to have another crack at a super bowl before he hangs up the boots...they WILL also draft a QB and let him sit under Brady for the next 2 seasons to learn from the best, so far the press over there are having a field day and its just filler.......

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/29/us/adam-levine-chile-apology-via-del-mar-trnd/index.html looking sweet as pie and as scary as the devil all in one Mooron 5 front man on a bad night in Chile.....I could be mean and tell you they dont sound like there records but I wont, I could also say his excuse was lame as well but I wont even though I just did...take them and leave them I can a couple of good songs for sure they have, im just surprised that Sth Americans noticed an off night full stop....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world/expensive-car-drivers-study-scli-scn-intl/index.html This might be the case in Europe and the US I dont see it here, here the average Aussie Merc driver dont want his car scratched....anyway the lines are blurred now days, even your Renault driver thinks hes in a prestige car, as for crossing the road, its nice to be home where im respected whilst walking on the footpath, love the fact I can park anywhere and for free mostly as well.....

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/strawberry-park-hot-springs-steamboat-colorado-wxc/index.html if you like the Japanese idea of soaking in a hot spring but prefer to wear a bikini or trunks because your a little shy and perve on naked people  then Colorado is the place for you, its open season after dark.....nice vid of the beautiful people here.....imagine this could be you too....

https://www.afl.com.au/news/379504/take-a-look-through-each-club-s-2020-premiership-window, judging by this Dee's and Lions are in the window next year....Hawks Eagles Sydney and Cats are over the hill....Pies North and Giants are right in it....I think Giants as they WILL be gone after this season......

Daisy's Dee's women's kick a mamonth score 7-4 to Pies 4-2 which in its self is a great score....now go 3-1, WILL they get the WOBBLES again as they always do cum finals time? 21,528 freeloaders at the game.....@ Marvel so obviously they went to see someone else....

Well its now March.....3 weeks to go......fingers getting nervous on selecting your tips.....I may very well select for an upset in Perth come that sunday, I normally start off badly anyway so why change anything?

Ummm....Tigers and Blues.....Blues anyone?

Dogs and Pies.....I think Pies...

Essendon vs Freo....Freo....though Bombers also dangerous when flying under the radar.....

Crows vs Swans.....Swans

Giants vs Cats,,,,,,Giants

Suns vs Port....I like Dew....Suns....

North vs Saints....North

Hawks vs Lions....Hawks

Eagles vs Dee's .....Dee's....

I reserve the option to change my mind.......

And last night....Victory finally get a win, and at Marvel against Adelaide, first win for new Spanish fill in coach in the Aleague....has done well with the team as far as the ACL goes not so lucky in home and away, in injury time Nabbot or something like that Victory number 9 takes a long run from the left flank into the box and slams into the top right hand corner in the goal of the season.....to go 2-1 up, long suffering players and fans could not stop rejoicing......Victory within striking distance to play finals though you would have to think no chance as they have stunk all year long. I dont think they WILL make it and I hope they dont, Victory are very good getting there act together after a bad campaign....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Where do you place the current Hawthorn team, being a bought-in team if you include:
Tom Mitchell

Jack Scrimshaw

Jaeger O'meara

Wingard

Tom Scully

Jonny Patton

plus
Ben Mcevoy (saints)

James Frawley (MELBOURNE)

Burgoyne

Gunston

You forgot Frost.....they should be strong enough to contend, my personal hopes are that they fail miserably, im not into pillaging, should they do very well and its likely they WILL that sets it up for every other club to follow sir...

• Like 1

And that maybe the case to now but that day is about to change, Hawks are plundering FA in a big way and if they should win a flag anytime soon the flood gates WILL open, like it or not and im not a fan of it the major codes overseas churn players threw there ranks big time, player movement is high between clubs so its coming, soon you wont recognise your clubs list anymore.....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/28/sport/tom-brady-nfl-future-spt-intl/index.html Tom Brady WILL become a FA shortly for the first time in 20 years, lot of chit chat to where he could be going, still a high ranking QB, but im telling you he WILL stay put, firstly the Pats owner loves him like a son, second he has a great working relationship with his long time coach, always taken under his worth in contracts, so far 30% more in a 2 year deal being thrown around, Brady has never gone for the money in his 20 ys, Patriots (and im a proud owner of one of there T-shirts and hoodie) WILL restructure the offence to have another crack at a super bowl before he hangs up the boots...they WILL also draft a QB and let him sit under Brady for the next 2 seasons to learn from the best, so far the press over there are having a field day and its just filler.......

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/29/us/adam-levine-chile-apology-via-del-mar-trnd/index.html looking sweet as pie and as scary as the devil all in one Mooron 5 front man on a bad night in Chile.....I could be mean and tell you they dont sound like there records but I wont, I could also say his excuse was lame as well but I wont even though I just did...take them and leave them I can a couple of good songs for sure they have, im just surprised that Sth Americans noticed an off night full stop....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/26/world/expensive-car-drivers-study-scli-scn-intl/index.html This might be the case in Europe and the US I dont see it here, here the average Aussie Merc driver dont want his car scratched....anyway the lines are blurred now days, even your Renault driver thinks hes in a prestige car, as for crossing the road, its nice to be home where im respected whilst walking on the footpath, love the fact I can park anywhere and for free mostly as well.....

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/strawberry-park-hot-springs-steamboat-colorado-wxc/index.html if you like the Japanese idea of soaking in a hot spring but prefer to wear a bikini or trunks because your a little shy and perve on naked people  then Colorado is the place for you, its open season after dark.....nice vid of the beautiful people here.....imagine this could be you too....

https://www.afl.com.au/news/379504/take-a-look-through-each-club-s-2020-premiership-window, judging by this Dee's and Lions are in the window next year....Hawks Eagles Sydney and Cats are over the hill....Pies North and Giants are right in it....I think Giants as they WILL be gone after this season......

Daisy's Dee's women's kick a mamonth score 7-4 to Pies 4-2 which in its self is a great score....now go 3-1, WILL they get the WOBBLES again as they always do cum finals time? 21,528 freeloaders at the game.....@ Marvel so obviously they went to see someone else....

Well its now March.....3 weeks to go......fingers getting nervous on selecting your tips.....I may very well select for an upset in Perth come that sunday, I normally start off badly anyway so why change anything?

Ummm....Tigers and Blues.....Blues anyone?

Dogs and Pies.....I think Pies...

Essendon vs Freo....Freo....though Bombers also dangerous when flying under the radar.....

Crows vs Swans.....Swans

Giants vs Cats,,,,,,Giants

Suns vs Port....I like Dew....Suns....

North vs Saints....North

Hawks vs Lions....Hawks

Eagles vs Dee's .....Dee's....

I reserve the option to change my mind.......

And last night....Victory finally get a win, and at Marvel against Adelaide, first win for new Spanish fill in coach in the Aleague....has done well with the team as far as the ACL goes not so lucky in home and away, in injury time Nabbot or something like that Victory number 9 takes a long run from the left flank into the box and slams into the top right hand corner in the goal of the season.....to go 2-1 up, long suffering players and fans could not stop rejoicing......Victory within striking distance to play finals though you would have to think no chance as they have stunk all year long. I dont think they WILL make it and I hope they dont, Victory are very good getting there act together after a bad campaign....

I'm liking

Tigers

Dogs

Essendon

Crows 

Giants 

Port

Saints

Lions

WC

• Like 2