Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

That was an absolute abortion of a game on the weekend... I too am glad I was out and about... I was torn between changing my tip to the Hawks (historically I've only ever tipped against the boys once and they got up, so promised myself no matter the team I'd still back them in - might have to change that thinking :P)

Surely they sent the reserves in on Saturday night, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Hopefully a mid-season correction and the boys will get over to Perth and give khun Will's boys a touch up ;) McGovern out's going to hurt...

Cinderella's time at the ball is surely nudging midnight and we need to find a ruckman to replace the Lumberjack...

• Like 2

That was an absolute abortion of a game on the weekend... I too am glad I was out and about... I was torn between changing my tip to the Hawks (historically I've only ever tipped against the boys once and they got up, so promised myself no matter the team I'd still back them in - might have to change that thinking tongue.png)

Surely they sent the reserves in on Saturday night, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Hopefully a mid-season correction and the boys will get over to Perth and give khun Will's boys a touch up wink.png McGovern out's going to hurt...

Cinderella's time at the ball is surely nudging midnight and we need to find a ruckman to replace the Lumberjack...

Well Mr Smith, Teddy has just got a week and with Cinderella out injured, I think the boys are a chance.

Yes, McLovin is a big out but we have a young guy in the Magoo's called Barrass who sounds like he

might be ok.

• Like 2

Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne will miss the rest of the home and away season after rupturing his pectoralis major tendon in Saturday’s 42-point win over Carlton at Domain Stadium.

He will undergo surgery this week after scans confirmed the severity of the injury.

Ballantyne suffered the injury late in the first quarter and was subbed off at half-time.

Fremantle forward Hayden Ballantyne has been offered a $1500 penalty for wrestling during Saturday’s 42-point win over Carlton.

Ballantyne was charged with wrestling Carlton’s Dylan Buckley during the second quarter.

As it is his second offence for the season the fine is $2500, reduced to $1500 with an early plea.

Ballas injury update

Buckley was also charged over the incident and fined $1000, with an early plea.

Ballantyne penalty comes after he was ruled out of the remainder of the home and away season after rupturing his pectoralis major tendon in Saturday’s win

• Like 2

That was an absolute abortion of a game on the weekend... I too am glad I was out and about... I was torn between changing my tip to the Hawks (historically I've only ever tipped against the boys once and they got up, so promised myself no matter the team I'd still back them in - might have to change that thinking tongue.png)

Surely they sent the reserves in on Saturday night, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Hopefully a mid-season correction and the boys will get over to Perth and give khun Will's boys a touch up wink.png McGovern out's going to hurt...

Well Mr Smith, Teddy has just got a week and with Cinderella out injured, I think the boys are a chance.

Yes, McLovin is a big out but we have a young guy in the Magoo's called Barrass who sounds like he

might be ok.

I assume u mean that because Sydney has those two knuckleheads out Sydney are now a decent chance?

Both of them have been playing like they were back in St Barnaby's under 17s second reserves.

At least with Tippet out we will be able to put a player inside the 50 who can kick a goal or 3

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Ballantyne out;

McGovern out;

Freo v Tigers ??

Weagles V Swans ??

Nobody seems to be able to kick goals...

I will be happy if I tip one of these games correct.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

might be ok.

Given that Teddy Ruxpen got given a week and Fyfe got a fine, we can all see clearly now that the Brownlow this year will be Fyfe's unless he <deleted> it up himself...

<deleted>.. I know the MRP's inconsistent but that was just an abortion (my word of the week FYI) of a decision, Ted was simply defending himself against a potential corkie from Mitchell...

Cinderella's mitt was looking like something out of the Elephant Man.. No wonder the poor dear only managed less than a dozen hit outs... Never mind a glass slipper...

I think Buddy's going to be coming out smoking this week, really unleash... Spiderman will be looking to bash a few heads as well... Captain Jack will be up for a good ol fashion grind as well though he might be mindful not to find himself in too much strife, Jetts will always be up for bit of argy bargy as well but he too will need to mind his P's & Q's lest he wants to sit out a week..

Think we may just see one of those Eagles v Swans games of years gone by this weekend...

• Like 2

might be ok.

Given that Teddy Ruxpen got given a week and Fyfe got a fine, we can all see clearly now that the Brownlow this year will be Fyfe's unless he <deleted> it up himself...

<deleted>.. I know the MRP's inconsistent but that was just an abortion (my word of the week FYI) of a decision, Ted was simply defending himself against a potential corkie from Mitchell...

Cinderella's mitt was looking like something out of the Elephant Man.. No wonder the poor dear only managed less than a dozen hit outs... Never mind a glass slipper...

I think Buddy's going to be coming out smoking this week, really unleash... Spiderman will be looking to bash a few heads as well... Captain Jack will be up for a good ol fashion grind as well though he might be mindful not to find himself in too much strife, Jetts will always be up for bit of argy bargy as well but he too will need to mind his P's & Q's lest he wants to sit out a week..

Think we may just see one of those Eagles v Swans games of years gone by this weekend...

Sensational defence for Teddy Smith, I reckon he should appeal.

Jetta, was a touch lucky to get hit with low impact methinks.

Speaking of Jetta, would love to have him at the Eages. I recently read somewhere

that the Swans can only trade him for $350 000??????

So you will have to take a draft pick for him. Shame as WC have a few good ruckmen

that you guys might've been interested in.

Would love to have him at WC.

• Like 2

So Spiderman is challenging his rough conduct charge tonight, will probably get upgraded to 1 match because he's not Nat Fyfe...

Spiderman crapped out and because he is not Nate Fyfe his fine was increased to $1500...

Geez, lucky it wasn't Buddy on report.

I reckon his fine, if he was even reported, would've been a $1.50tongue.png

Speaking of Jetta, would love to have him at the Eages. I recently read somewhere

So you will have to take a draft pick for him. Shame as WC have a few good ruckmen

Looking increasingly likely jetta might move on.

We cant trade this year unless we give up Cola a year early. Well, we CAN trade, but only for player under $300k... so basically crap or rookies. That means we cant trade away tippet, or as you say Jetta, for a decent player.

jetta really is a must keep player for Sydney, and it will be a big loss if he goes

We cant trade this year unless we give up Cola a year early. Well, we CAN trade, but only for player under $300k... so basically crap or rookies. That means we cant trade away tippet, or as you say Jetta, for a decent player.

jetta really is a must keep player for Sydney, and it will be a big loss if he goes

Those trade sanctions don't make sense to me.

The Swans played by the rules, albeit a bit cheekily getting Buddy, so I can't see why they've been penalisedblink.png

Jetta needs to step up in finals footy to be classed as very good.

Tell ya what we'll give you jacobs and black for him as we dont play many finals.smile.png

Edit and will throw in majak so you have a ruckman free of charge.biggrin.png

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

The way around the restrictions is to 'back end' the contract which is what we've been doing... That just means the bean counters will continue to earn their crust in creating a deal that appeases..

In any event those restrictions are in place for another year so back ending at a low ball amount would be made up the following year or years...

Sydney have been the masters of this game ever since the move north of the border...

• Like 1

So Spiderman is challenging his rough conduct charge tonight, will probably get upgraded to 1 match because he's not Nat Fyfe...

Spiderman crapped out and because he is not Nate Fyfe his fine was increased to $1500...

Geez, lucky it wasn't Buddy on report.

I reckon his fine, if he was even reported, would've been a $1.50tongue.png

Buddy got a week because he's not Fyfe... Simple :P

• Like 1

Canberra forecast is 25 to 35 km/h winds possibly blowing across the ground.

Manuka oval doesn’t have much protection.

Perhaps Geelong are more used to kicking accurately.

They have the stats for 2015, ranking most accurate.

This is one tough round to tip.

• Like 1

Canberra forecast is 25 to 35 km/h winds possibly blowing across the ground.

Manuka oval doesn’t have much protection.

Perhaps Geelong are more used to kicking accurately.

They have the stats for 2015, ranking most accurate.

This is one tough round to tip.

Yep, agree with you there.

Apart from last nights debacle, you could just about make a case

for all of the teams in this weekends games.

• Like 2

Well a new rule was introduced in the roos v lions game.

The dangerous tackle,some umpires need to learn the rules.

I dont think i've seen such different interpretations to the rules as this round so far.

I have been thinking the same thing in the games I have watched this weekend so far.

Good for Freo to win. But, I am sure the dodgy umpiring enhanced the chances of the kicking of a couple of goals.

I seems that the volume on the umpires mikes has been turned up too…

Maybe this round could be called, “ Maggots weekend”.

3 games to go,, expect anything.

• Like 1

Well done joboss,

Not a bad weekend for me,beat alexrrr in the fantasy and on Mr Smiths hammer in the tipping.biggrin.png

yes i gotta stuck with too many Dee players in my team....either there good or very ordinary...

• Like 1