Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Im all for Freo having a latte and a almond butter croissant at three quarter time and letting this one slide to the Weagles.

Give them a better chance of not having to play WCE in the first preliminary. 1st v 4th .

Dont think I could be the only one in a Weagles scarf, surrounded by Dockers faithful, and hoping for a Freo win.

So its a loyalty pick. Weagles by a nail biting 3 points.

• Like 2

Actually checking last weeks results chooks might be in for a difficult weekend....jo scored highest of the top 4 while chooks scored the lowest of the top 4....are the cracks appearing?

Jo the quite achiever has snuck up, highest points scored, highest team value, highest points per round and highest points overall scored.....well Mr Bookie its going to be serious stuff for one of us in the preliminary .....the other gets to run around in the paddocks one more time..

Can I have what ever you're smoking Alex? Khun BM isn't in the Fantasy league..

whistling.gif

Well how about that....dont know how i got to assume that...makes kinda sense don't it, no much press in here on Fantasy ....maybe it needs its own thread next season.

• Like 1

Swans home by 11 points.I thought they were lucky. Big problem with with injury to Luke Parker. It looks like his season is over. Mcveigh said in an interview that Parker said he broke something.

We can only wait for the scans.

I'm surprised he's still alive after Brown took him out - and he just bounced back up! No doubt 6 weeks down to 1 because... Mike Fitzpatrick...

The tackle didn't look good was pretty sickening watching it in slow motion... But good to see the boys rally after that... Too many rushed inside 50's resulting in easy turnovers really allowed Collingwood to get back into it...

Now, with that one out of the way I can sit back and tip 0-8 :P

• Like 2

Well fellow tipsters

It's that time again and another big round coming up.

Friday night at the SCG it's a real tricky one.

Buddy still out but Rohan and Pike are good inclusions.

Teddy and the boys down back will be feeling a bit nervous with Cloke being named.

Collingwood have a good record against Sydney, albeit at ANZ stadium.

Sydney didn't turn up after half time against Geelong and Collingwood back on track with a sloppy win agaisnt Carlton.

Ade should get the choccies against Essendon but they haven't travelled that well this year.

North should get the job done against the Saints in Tassie, which is a worry for them (North).

The Port and GWS game is a real hard one.

Port seem to have finally swung the axe but out of the 5 players dropped, only Lobe is a big name.

GWS need to win but have lost 3 quality midfielders. On paper, I reckon GWS have more talent but

always hard for a young team on the road.......fitty fittty I think.

Geelong are in good nick and hawthorn had a tough one in the wet against WC. This one could provide

an upset but always dangerous to pick against the hawks.

Brisbane versus Carlton is difficult as well. Brisbane look a lot better with Pearce hanley in the side.

Levi Casboult is a big out for Carlton. Another close one I expect.

Expect Richmond to bounce back (as they do). They wouldn't want to drop off though, as GC have some real quality,

especially in the forward line.

WB should take care of Melbourne which leaves us to the game of the round, the Western Derby.

Freo pretty much at full strength with the exception of Ballas. WC have been hurt with injuries to McLovern and Selwood,

stupidity by Lecca and personal tragedy with Nic Nat.

I'm not sure if the boys can cover Nic Nat, Lecca and McLovern who are all A graders. We still have plenty of shots at goal

at home and if we get it in there enough, I reckon we can kick a winning score. On the plus side for WC, doubts still linger

over McPharlin and the big Pavlova. If those 2 don't get up, it will be huge for WC.

Oh well gang, good luck to all, but not as much as metongue.png

Yeah the boys got their flights mixed up last week and given that Bronnie was already there the chopper was just sitting there so the boys <deleted> off at half time on the taxpayer tongue.png

They'll get away with it against lesser sides but decent sides will (and have) crucified them, if I'm not wrong, this is extremely similar to 2012. All but written off for the year and then bang. Hello Last Saturday in September. You write the Swans off at your own peril. They need to start finding targets, I think the inclusion of the Lumberjack is a crucial in this week, Cinderella can continue playing the pinch Ruckman whilst providing firepower up front. Has quite a good bag this year at the SCG so expect that to continue tonight. Buddy being out shouldn't affect too much. Jetts and Gaz, good bit of speed off the wing. Super Ted will have his work cut out for him up against Cloke and Grundy will need to be on against Butterfingers's brother who looked impressive last week.

Thankfully at the SCG not at ANZ. Expect booing to continue from the Collingwood numpties towards Goodes and the Emperor to come out on the defensive in tomorrow's Herald Sun.

To the rest of the round, tough to pick, with plenty of upsets abound...

Crows to get over the Bombers?

GWS to turn the Power off?

Cats to continue their run of form?

Dees to snuff out the Doggies?

Derby? Flip a coin on that one... Chimpy perhaps?

Tough to pick...

Hard to see the Swans turning around their form. 2012, they had form, but everyone expected they would crack and be beaten.

Collingwood probably should have won last night. Sydney very lucky to escape with a win, and against a Collingwood who played okay, but nothing special. So many handling errors from Sydney and poor options. Based on that form I wouldn't back them to win any of their finals games. Parker is a massive lost, but we should be able to cover him okay. Defence is our issue now. First half of the year it was tight and solid, back half of this year it has shown massive holes. teddy and Shaw not in great form. Grundy looked tired last night.

Im backing West coast against Freo. Freo to rest a few players?

• Like 1

How awful does North look against St Kilda today? 20 points behind at half time and the score flattered North.

St Kilda has looked good, but based on ladder position you would expect more form North.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

How awful does North look against St Kilda today? 20 points behind at half time and the score flattered North.

St Kilda has looked good, but based on ladder position you would expect more form North.

After i wrote that.... North Kick 5 goals in 8 minutes (5 goals within 17 disposals)... tongue.png

Actually checking last weeks results chooks might be in for a difficult weekend....jo scored highest of the top 4 while chooks scored the lowest of the top 4....are the cracks appearing?

Jo the quite achiever has snuck up, highest points scored, highest team value, highest points per round and highest points overall scored.....well Mr Bookie its going to be serious stuff for one of us in the preliminary .....the other gets to run around in the paddocks one more time..

Can I have what ever you're smoking Alex? Khun BM isn't in the Fantasy league..

whistling.gif

Well how about that....dont know how i got to assume that...makes kinda sense don't it, no much press in here on Fantasy ....maybe it needs its own thread next season.

Its okay Alex. It's natural to want to beat me

• Like 2

Well fellow tipsters

It's that time again and another big round coming up.

Friday night at the SCG it's a real tricky one.

Buddy still out but Rohan and Pike are good inclusions.

Teddy and the boys down back will be feeling a bit nervous with Cloke being named.

Collingwood have a good record against Sydney, albeit at ANZ stadium.

Sydney didn't turn up after half time against Geelong and Collingwood back on track with a sloppy win agaisnt Carlton.

Ade should get the choccies against Essendon but they haven't travelled that well this year.

North should get the job done against the Saints in Tassie, which is a worry for them (North).

The Port and GWS game is a real hard one.

Port seem to have finally swung the axe but out of the 5 players dropped, only Lobe is a big name.

GWS need to win but have lost 3 quality midfielders. On paper, I reckon GWS have more talent but

always hard for a young team on the road.......fitty fittty I think.

Geelong are in good nick and hawthorn had a tough one in the wet against WC. This one could provide

an upset but always dangerous to pick against the hawks.

Brisbane versus Carlton is difficult as well. Brisbane look a lot better with Pearce hanley in the side.

Levi Casboult is a big out for Carlton. Another close one I expect.

Expect Richmond to bounce back (as they do). They wouldn't want to drop off though, as GC have some real quality,

especially in the forward line.

WB should take care of Melbourne which leaves us to the game of the round, the Western Derby.

Freo pretty much at full strength with the exception of Ballas. WC have been hurt with injuries to McLovern and Selwood,

stupidity by Lecca and personal tragedy with Nic Nat.

I'm not sure if the boys can cover Nic Nat, Lecca and McLovern who are all A graders. We still have plenty of shots at goal

at home and if we get it in there enough, I reckon we can kick a winning score. On the plus side for WC, doubts still linger

over McPharlin and the big Pavlova. If those 2 don't get up, it will be huge for WC.

Oh well gang, good luck to all, but not as much as metongue.png

Yeah the boys got their flights mixed up last week and given that Bronnie was already there the chopper was just sitting there so the boys <deleted> off at half time on the taxpayer tongue.png

They'll get away with it against lesser sides but decent sides will (and have) crucified them, if I'm not wrong, this is extremely similar to 2012. All but written off for the year and then bang. Hello Last Saturday in September. You write the Swans off at your own peril. They need to start finding targets, I think the inclusion of the Lumberjack is a crucial in this week, Cinderella can continue playing the pinch Ruckman whilst providing firepower up front. Has quite a good bag this year at the SCG so expect that to continue tonight. Buddy being out shouldn't affect too much. Jetts and Gaz, good bit of speed off the wing. Super Ted will have his work cut out for him up against Cloke and Grundy will need to be on against Butterfingers's brother who looked impressive last week.

Thankfully at the SCG not at ANZ. Expect booing to continue from the Collingwood numpties towards Goodes and the Emperor to come out on the defensive in tomorrow's Herald Sun.

To the rest of the round, tough to pick, with plenty of upsets abound...

Crows to get over the Bombers?

GWS to turn the Power off?

Cats to continue their run of form?

Dees to snuff out the Doggies?

Derby? Flip a coin on that one... Chimpy perhaps?

Tough to pick...

Hard to see the Swans turning around their form. 2012, they had form, but everyone expected they would crack and be beaten.

Collingwood probably should have won last night. Sydney very lucky to escape with a win, and against a Collingwood who played okay, but nothing special. So many handling errors from Sydney and poor options. Based on that form I wouldn't back them to win any of their finals games. Parker is a massive lost, but we should be able to cover him okay. Defence is our issue now. First half of the year it was tight and solid, back half of this year it has shown massive holes. teddy and Shaw not in great form. Grundy looked tired last night.

Im backing West coast against Freo. Freo to rest a few players?

I hope so BookMan.

McPharlin a late withdrawal with some doubt about the Big Pavlova as well.

After i wrote that.... North Kick 5 goals in 8 minutes (5 goals within 17 disposals)... tongue.png

North still worry me.

They have Freo, WB and Richmond in their last 3.

I doubt they would start as favourites in any of them.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the Fantasy, so exciting its finals time....facepalm.gif ....the whole gang here is right behind it, well i am its about the only thing i could win this season...

Interesting checking up on the teams, Kooeerup Dogs and Carnegie Joe have thrown the towel in one will win and move on but will be thrown out next week, Leonie has matched Rip but will falter tomorrow, If my team play to averages should over take Gannys Apples tomorrow to move in to the prelim.....but....but.....Chooks is in for a hard battle tomorrow, Jo is serving it up, if both teams play to averages Chooks will just pip jo by a very slender margin......both teams underperforming this week...but Chooks mate your been on the slide last few weeks.....i would have pinged you a few weeks ago if if i wasn't so inexperienced in this....Jo has Team Value and best performing in all key areas, I'm tipping Jo to hand Chooka his first defeat yaaaaaaaaaaa wai.gif

Edited by AlexRRR

You been on the turps Bookie?

Too late in the season to try and pull 5 out of the bag, 3rd spot is up for grabs, its a commendable achievement considering 3 of us are vining for it, meanwhile Will is breathing down the neck of CJ...Chooks....id laugh if he got piped here too after leading both comps all season.

Ahhh I detect sarcasm, I'm on topic your not, playing the man not the ball mr grant, we got a few touchy people in here seem to not have one humours bone in there body, well unlike a lot of people I find football apart from my team one big yawn, 95% is pure media hype, me I think the banter of the guys in tipping and fantasy is the real interest for me, I really couldn't care about how many weeks dumbo should get for ironing out what's his name etc etc, you wanna lighten up my boy see the sunny side of the morning, the world does not revolve around the AFL.

Awwww I just realise I'm playing you in fantasy, your ahead right now but if both teams play to there average I will scooooooooot past you by the lovely tune of 200 plus points, you may rib me if I fail to beat you I will just smile , look into the middle distance and prepare for next week.

My the best girl win. Lol

Norths V WB game will decide the final 4. That is presuming Swans can win their last 3 matches. I do not think that the Swans will win games in the finals. I hope I am wrong.

Mate, if your boys beat GWS next week, my boys will take care of the WB for you.

Job donethumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Ahhh I detect sarcasm, I'm on topic your not, playing the man not the ball mr grant, we got a few touchy people in here seem to not have one humours bone in there body, well unlike a lot of people I find football apart from my team one big yawn, 95% is pure media hype, me I think the banter of the guys in tipping and fantasy is the real interest for me, I really couldn't care about how many weeks dumbo should get for ironing out what's his name etc etc, you wanna lighten up my boy see the sunny side of the morning, the world does not revolve around the AFL.

"the world does not revolve around the AFL.."

But it keeps it spinning nicely.

• Like 2

Only in the "arse end of the world"....Quote ....Paul Keating" one time Prime Minister and Labour power broker, thats why the axis is off centre.

• Like 1

I hoped Carlton would show some balls last night...pick up a point...oops!

GWS similarly dissapointing

I was with you on that one, whats his name the coach can withdraw from Seeking the Blues job, in fact he should start looking for a new club..........The Blues and Bombers too disintegrate.

The Blues are close to where the Dees were and the Bomber are heading in that direction fast, Carlton board resembles Microsoft executives that bough the Nokia phone co, meanwhile Little and co are paralysed no leadership shown Hird should have been bullet train out of Windy Hill long ago, missed the boat with Thompson players dispirited going broke fast.....well Sheeds might get his job back, the only guy who could fix the mess there.

• Like 1

I was with you on that one, whats his name the coach can withdraw from Seeking the Blues job, in fact he should start looking for a new club..........The Blues and Bombers too disintegrate.

The Blues are close to where the Dees were and the Bomber are heading in that direction fast, Carlton board resembles Microsoft executives that bough the Nokia phone co, meanwhile Little and co are paralysed no leadership shown Hird should have been bullet train out of Windy Hill long ago, missed the boat with Thompson players dispirited going broke fast.....well Sheeds might get his job back, the only guy who could fix the mess there.

Carlton surely has to get a coach with no links to Carlton? They need a fresh approach. Barker as caretaker coach, still carries baggage from the Malthouse era. A clean out of their board is probably needed too.

Disagree about Sheeds. He has had his day. Not sure he did a great job at GWS to be frank, but was a high profile signing the club needed. Hird needs to go but he seems incapable of recognising the fact. He was coach under the supplements scheme and has to take responsibility. They have some decent players. They just need a fresh start.

From the outside it seems obvious Hird should go, but Essendon don't seem to see it

• Like 2

Only in the "arse end of the world"....Quote ....Paul Keating" one time Prime Minister and Labour power broker, thats why the axis is off centre.

Paul Keating.:

Off centre left?

or

Off centre right?

For sure ,,, Dead centre … Me, Me, Me and my entitlements..

Wasn’t he the a hole that was built around a fart and put half the country out of a job?

• Like 2

Carlton surely has to get a coach with no links to Carlton? They need a fresh approach. Barker as caretaker coach, still carries baggage from the Malthouse era. A clean out of their board is probably needed too.

Disagree about Sheeds. He has had his day. Not sure he did a great job at GWS to be frank, but was a high profile signing the club needed. Hird needs to go but he seems incapable of recognising the fact. He was coach under the supplements scheme and has to take responsibility. They have some decent players. They just need a fresh start.

From the outside it seems obvious Hird should go, but Essendon don't seem to see it

Speedy would come cheap since the bombers are broke he's already there and he would set it up once again but first Little and co will need to get the chop, if I was an Essendon supporter I'd wanna see a clean out starting from the top, Hird should be cut right now, he's only in it for himself.

• Like 1