Why farangs dont fit into thailand

4 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

A mans job makes him ,  Here i am unable to work because i never went to uni and have no bachelors degree which is the minimum for teaching positions here in LoS.

You need to stop making excuses and quit the bar for a while.

Is teaching all you can do, or think you can do? I have never been to university and yet have worked here for the last 20 years, in jobs that are completely unrelated to what I did in my previous life. All legit.

So, stop the whining if you're serious, stop listening, and reading about 2nd/3rd hand BS accounts about what is required to work here (education system maybe being an exception (or not!)) mostly written/spoken about by people who haven't a clue, and do something about it.

IMO. don't ever say that you are unable to do anything unless you have experienced it yourself.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

I see alot of farangs turn to WIFI addiction, alcoholism and excess vice.

Your in Pattaya...right. Thailand has a lot more to offer than just Pattaya.

regards worgeordie

I think if you learned the basics of the Thai language you would feel much more excepted. Sadly most do not understand anything going on around them and live in a bubble. That to me would be a living hell. You are in Thailand not Falangland. Either try to adjust or leave.

3 hours ago, seajae said:

as you have stated you dont have any qualifications to work so why not do something else with your time. Take up a hobby or find something you like to do, to me the only wasted space appears to be you and your attitude, easier for you to sit on a bar stool and whinge about others, get a life

Yea like maybe learning to speak Thai. That will keep you busy for awhile.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Being gay I’m not into Katoeys... But the only thing I would have done differently was use lube... :shock1:

Wrong Thread brother. Surely you wanted to post in:

"I tried something different. A katoey and a big puzzle". He He.

Yes...just what  I need to feel loved....a menial job.

No thank you, I will stick to chilling on the couch with the wife, taking turns with the remote. Once in a while I go do something exciting, but I sure don't want a job at KFC.

Yes, Thais don't need foreigners taking jobs. If they did they would say so. I am perfectly happy to be a guest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Yes...just what  I need to feel loved....a menial job.

No thank you, I will stick to chilling on the couch with the wife, taking turns with the remote. Once in a while I go do something exciting, but I sure don't want a job at KFC.

Yes, Thais don't need foreigners taking jobs. If they did they would say so. I am perfectly happy to be a guest.

"Guest"??

On 4/13/2019 at 10:44 AM, Jane Dough said:

Dear Pattayabeerbacon, 

Surprising as it may seem there is more to life in Thailand than Pattaya, beer and bacon.

Rooster

Like what exactly , Roi Et , Sang Thip and Moo daeng ?

• Confused 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Im quite sure if we were truly welcome we could start doing menial jobs and get long term visas like in cambodia....

Instead  farangs are all in some Temporary limbo of nothingness unable to participate or contribute to the society

If you would be responsible for a country, would you let demanding foreigners in to do menial jobs and give them long term visas? Thailand has enough people to do those jobs.

Here are enough farangs with A) a proper job and work permit and some of them even contribute to the society. Or B) with enough money that Thailand is willing to accept them.

I understand that lots of people from everywhere in this world want to chose where they live. But it's also not too difficult to understand why countries make decisions who they want and who not.

Just ask "back home" how many people are delighted about some uneducated foreigners coming to their town - especially if they look and behave differently...

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

No, simply correcting incorrect English.

How would someone know they had made a mistake if they are not told?

You didn't understand his meaning?  If you did then there was no reason to correct him except being a grammar nazi.  You see that is why there is a rule about not correcting people's grammar.  I hope this helps your posting in the future. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pattayabeerbacon said:

Im more interested in the medal and how and what he did in LoS to get it.

Far more interesting is an American who received the Order of the Million Elephants and the White Parasol, Order of the White Elephant, Border Service Medal (Thailand) Parachutist Badge.

He fit right in in Thailand. 

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I know many Thai women who did not know they could have as many orgasms as they can stand until they met me.

I am not joking. I read a book called the "The One Hour Orgasm" decades ago. And now I give them mind blowing sex. 

That is my contribution to Thai society. :clap2:

I am very happy in Thailand.  ZERO PROBLEMS.  

One day you'll wear your tongue down to a stub and they'll drop you like a hot sweet potato. 

• Haha 1

farangs here don't fit in anywhere....have you seen all the tattoos and beers drunk before 9 a.m. and the lost look of the old man trying to walk in the middle of the street while an older man stumbles in the market while trying to find his last 20 baht and complain about the heat.  

but we are who we are ...  put me in brazil and i'll find a way to do the same thing.    no friends here means no friends there, or many friends, whatever....

the best part of thailand is i don't have to care at all.....the farang can do what he wants and i feel zero compulsion to care.  if my home country, i might feel something.  here, nothing.  not my problem.  let the farang jump from the balcony from his wife and 23 kids .  

complain all you want.  i don't care if every farang fits in, or none of them do.  lol.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

There is no such person as a farang. The term covers a hundred different nationalities,  thousands of cultures and a host of other differences all grouped together under the lazy,  vaguely racist  lazy description. Many foreigners I know fit in better than some immigrants in my country.  My educated, or sophisticated friends and associates never use the term farang. They say foreigner. Its not a malicious term but neither was Ni##er or P@ki in the past. Just ignorance. But for foreigners to refer to themselves as F@rang is shameful.