Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

On 6/22/2020 at 4:36 PM, Airbagwill said:

So read the OP

"

It has fasinated me for years that people can believe in god and that Jesus was born to his virgin mother .

When you realize that there are so many billions of planets across hundreds of billions of light years.

It must be great to believe in a God and that one day you will be reunited with your loved ones a lady once said to me that she knows she will meet Jesus when she dies,i thought gosh he must be busy sitting down with the billions of people who die.

Do you really believe in him or any of the other Gods ?"

This is clearly about Christianity not just "God".

I should imagine that most who post on here ,except a few converts to the other new religion ,are Christian that post on here ,and i doubt any muslims bother to read this.

On 6/22/2020 at 9:39 PM, Airbagwill said:

Nonsense! - What on earth makes you think that natural selection has been broken away from?

Natural selection is allowing babies with life threatening defects to die. We don't let babies die now. We operate and use drugs to save babies that would never see another day if we didn't. Then they grow up and  breed and pass on genetic defects.

Of course we have broken away from natural selection.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

From what i see in the west at the moment and the "protests" that are going on ,i fear that the upcoming generations are reverting back to to a time when they were not educated ,i fear for the future, and agree ,as a species i think we will not survive very well.

We were doomed from the moment a working tv was sold to the public. Since then we have surrendered more and more of our existence to the machines. Take this forum- I spend far too much time on it and I know I do but it's addictive. Something in the human psych wants to surrender to the machines, and we now have a situation where billions believe anything that comes off "social media" whatever that is. Without the machines telling us what to think we might think for ourselves.

Did you watch Wall-E? That shows the ultimate destination for humans if nothing changes. A bunch of slug like people having everything done by machines.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously? How many books now compared to 2,000 BC?

What does it have to do with the numbers of books? When more than 60% (Just any number) of the population does not understand what is written in them. 

For the little population living 5 to 10 000 years ago, it needed everyone to be on the top of their skills, understand the nature, and live by the nature to survive. It tooks more personal resourches than it ever have done after we starting or founding the "civilation" we now living by.

19 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I should imagine that most who post on here ,except a few converts to the other new religion ,are Christian that post on here ,and i doubt any muslims bother to read this.

What other new religion? 

20 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Out of curiosity, just wondering if ever, the Jews, the christians, and the muslims, going to understand they have alot in common, and basicaly is the same blood and family with the same interests. Keeping high morality and controll the masses. But, I guess thats a to long shot. Well, those who truly believe in Jesus, they would be as good as Buddhists and Buddhists as believe in Jesus. 

In fact we have long line from Taoism - Buddha - Jesus with many between forming each and one cultures and individuals and also seperates them as the time goes, and finely Islam becomes a reality when they needed it as most, and Mohammed manage turn Islam to a winners culture with religion in hand. Alot of history to go trough, but interesting if someone bother. It is all connected, and did not happens just out of heaven, but people have travelled, told stories, influenced each other, and used their power to change people, and peoples lives. Giving them a meaning, something to fight for, something to live for and die for. Well, each and another for its self, the history bookes is open for anyone who is interested, but to see the connection from one end to another, you can not just believe in one prophet, and one trutht. You have to open your mind, be willing to see and 

• Like 1

On this beautiful Sunday morning, I like to share this heart-warming message with you from Sri Mooji - Don't Worry About Anything at All.

I recommend to watch it and save it as a Favorite, so that you can re-watch it later again because we tend to forget this simple truth...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

On this beautiful Sunday morning, I like to share this heart-warming message with you from Sri Mooji - Don't Worry About Anything at All.

I recommend to watch it and save it as a Favorite, so that you can re-watch it later again because we tend to forget this simple truth...

Somehow a what simplistic. 

For most of us it is unrealisable. 

For instance just read the different topics here on T. Visa about

Covid-19, Immigration problems, leaving or reenter Thailand problems,

and "Don'worry about anything at all", come over as a bit silly. 

I also think if one doesn't worry about anything at all, one may become fatalist, which may of course be considered as positive by some. 

So I think the message should be taken with a grain of salt, and put in practice according to each one  own situation and achievabilities. 

Certainly not to the letter. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:22 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

No it's not. God is the god of all religions, not just Christians, even if they don't specifically refer to The father, Allah, or Jehova. Many paths one destination.

But this thread is about Christianity only.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It's about , Do you believe in God and why?

No.. that's what the title was.. even the OP is Christian based as is the rest of the thread.

Read it.

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Airbagwill said:

Every religion has come up in this discussion, and it got off topic, but the OP asked that question, and a lot of us answered

No.. that's what the title was.. even the OP is Christian based as is the rest of the thread.

Read it.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, Tagged said:

What does it have to do with the numbers of books? When more than 60% (Just any number) of the population does not understand what is written in them. 

For the little population living 5 to 10 000 years ago, it needed everyone to be on the top of their skills, understand the nature, and live by the nature to survive. It tooks more personal resourches than it ever have done after we starting or founding the "civilation" we now living by.

I understand that you interpret "knowledge" differently from what I meant. I meant that the sum of information ( knowlege ) is vastly increased now compared to 2,000 BC. That "knowledge" is contained in books. The amount of "knowledge" ( information ) per se does not depend on the ability of people to understand it.

17 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

But this thread is about Christianity only.

This is the OP. NB the last 5 words. You are talking rubbish.

It has fasinated me for years that people can believe in god and that Jesus was born to his virgin mother .

When you realize that there are so many billions of planets across hundreds of billions of light years.

It must be great to believe in a God and that one day you will be reunited with your loved ones a lady once said to me that she knows she will meet Jesus when she dies,i thought gosh he must be busy sitting down with the billions of people who die.

Do you really believe in him or any of the other Gods ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Read it.

Anyone of another religion was welcome to join in. The thread is not exclusive to Christians, and many of us on here are NOT Christians.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Somehow a what simplistic. 

For most of us it is unrealisable. 

For instance just read the different topics here on T. Visa about

Covid-19, Immigration problems, leaving or reenter Thailand problems,

and "Don'worry about anything at all", come over as a bit silly. 

I also think if one doesn't worry about anything at all, one may become fatalist, which may of course be considered as positive by some. 

So I think the message should be taken with a grain of salt, and put in practice according to each one  own situation and achievabilities. 

Certainly not to the letter. 

I didn't watch it but to reply to you, there is nothing wrong with being fatalist. Thinking we control our lives is self delusion. WE control nothing. An asteroid can strike the planet and everything dies. We survive because we haven't died from disease, starvation etc etc etc. All outside our control.

Some of us believe that there is something of US that survives after our body ceases to function.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of us believe that there is something of US that survives after our body ceases to function.

Which I respect,

as long you don't claim it is a certitude ( based on what we know now, and thus not accepted by everyone as being a fact ).

Just now, luckyluke said:

Which I respect,

as long you don't claim it is a certitude ( based on what we know now, and thus not accepted by everyone as being a fact ).

If it was a certitude, you and everyone else alive would be a believer in God. That's why we as believers call it faith. That is why God asks us to have faith. Believing in something we don't see and only feel in our hearts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

If it was a certitude, you and everyone else alive would be a believer in God. That's why we as believers call it faith. That is why God asks us to have faith. Believing in something we don't see and only feel in our hearts.

I respect your conviction,

however this is a belief not shared by everyone, as "God" is not a fact accepted by everyone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1