Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

50 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The problem is that you pretend/are convinced that you have  more knowledge than someone else in a certain domain.

This is however not acknowledge by everyone.

I have no problem at all with people who's knowledge is recognized as such by everyone ( astrophysicist/doctor ).

Your are not sharing your point of view, your writing way is the one of someone knowing better.

The tools, acknowledge as such by everyone, doesn't exist, instead there are some instruments consider only by some as being tools to a certain "knowledge",  this "knowledge" is also disputable, as not recognized by all.

This topic has a long history, but in fact followed by only a handful of people.

I read this topic occasionally and considered it as my right to express my opinion, and will continue to do so when I consider it as appropriate.

If this annoy you,

maybe,  you need to be remembered, that the possibility to put someone "on ignore" is available on this forum.

What a load of rubbish. 

What do you know of Yoga, meditation and self inquiry? Any direct experience with them? Or are you just spouting your incredibly misinformed opinion about something you know only from second hand knowledge (at best)? It doesn't take much to see that you don't, and you resent anyone who does. 

Why would you care if this "knowledge" is recognized by anyone other than yourself? Would it make it more real for you? The only way to make it real is to find out by yourself, but you're not willing to do so. Instead you prefer to dismiss everything out of hand, criticizing others from the safe corner of your belief system, because of course, that's the easiest (and extremely lazy) way of not questioning your point of view. Sitting on the high horse of ignorance is the worst kind of ignorance. 

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

I read this topic occasionally and considered it as my right to express my opinion, and will continue to do so when I consider it as appropriate.

If this annoy you,

maybe,  you need to be remembered, that the possibility to put someone "on ignore" is available on this forum.

Right back at you. If my posts annoy you so much that you feel compelled to call me out every time, why don't you do yourself and all of us a favour and put me on your ignore list? Are you a masochist? ???? 

42 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

What a load of rubbish. 

What do you know of Yoga, meditation and self inquiry? Any direct experience with them? Or are you just spouting your incredibly misinformed opinion about something you know only from second hand knowledge (at best)? It doesn't take much to see that you don't, and you resent anyone who does. 

Why would you care if this "knowledge" is recognized by anyone other than yourself? Would it make it more real for you? The only way to make it real is to find out by yourself, but you're not willing to do so. Instead you prefer to dismiss everything out of hand, criticizing others from the safe corner of your belief system, because of course, that's the easiest (and extremely lazy) way of not questioning your point of view. Sitting on the high horse of ignorance is the worst kind of ignorance. 

Right back at you. If my posts annoy you so much that you feel compelled to call me out every time, why don't you do yourself and all of us a favour and put me on your ignore list? Are you a masochist? ???? 

This is a forum, you are entitled to call my post rubbish, myself, 

ignorant, or whatever,  it doesn't affect me, as it is an only a personal opinion.

You seems to have a problem with critics, maybe in your entourage you are used that everyone swallow what you say.

Anyway please carry on, if I find the need to react, I will do.

But calm down, after all we only express both our opinions.

And the right to an opinion, doesn't make an opinion right.

I know that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I heard that explanation before, but I find it very shallow.

Even if you say that everything is illusion,  which I would agree, without consciousness one would not be able to say that...

Next..

Seems a very dangerous way to proceed in life, thinking that everything is an illusion. Walking around not knowing, nor understanding, what is real and what is not. Living in a self-imposed stupor...endangering not only yourself, but everyone and everything around you. 

Consciousness is not "god" just because you or "some people" call it that.

Not aware of any evidence of any self-aware "consciousness", "entity" or "mind" which is absent a brain. Are you?

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Seems a very dangerous way to proceed in life, thinking that everything is an illusion. Walking around not knowing, nor understanding, what is real and what is not. Living in a self-imposed stupor...endangering not only yourself, but everyone and everything around you. 

Interesting to witness children's reactions when you explain to them there is no such thing as sound or smell or color. Just three very obvious illusions....and yet it is illusions that keep us safe

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

and yet it is illusions that keep us safe

You mean the illusion of knowing what consciousness is or isn't? Or the illusion of knowing what happens after we die? The illusion of knowing how the universe was created? Or do you mean the illusion of believing that science holds the keys to all those answers? Or perhaps you mean the illusion of knowing who you really are? Those illusions will actually not keep you safe at all. Those illusions are actually very dangerous and generate all sorts of problems, including patronizing comments...ehem ehem. ????

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Consciousness is just another illusion stemming from the brains activity.

There is no scientific proof for this. Please state your sources.

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Ultimately there are only waves in fields....that is all the universe is

Is that so? Where did you read it?

Talk about safety in illusions...oh the irony! ????

Edited by Sunmaster

5 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

There is no scientific proof for this. Please state your sources.

Is that so? Where did you read it?

Talk about safety in illusions...oh the irony! ????

Simple one....How do know where to walk?

The brain creates an image (an illusion) of the world around us so you can navigate safely....try walking about with your eyes closed!!. The image is created using the energy of electromagnetic waves reflected, transmitted or emitted from what we perceive to be material surfaces.

You do know there is no such thing as color or light and dark or hot and cold?

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Simple one....How do know where to walk?

The brain creates an image (an illusion) of the world around us so you can navigate safely....try walking about with your eyes closed!!. The image is created using the energy of electromagnetic waves reflected, transmitted or emitted from what we perceive to be material surfaces.

You do know there is no such thing as color or light and dark or hot and cold?

And how does all that explain that consciousness is a product of brain activity?

Just now, Sunmaster said:

And how does all that explain that consciousness is a product of brain activity?

It doesn't, but try this for size........

Close your eyes=don't see anything

no brain activity=no consciousness......  ergo you brain is responsible

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

It doesn't, but try this for size........

Close your eyes=don't see anything

no brain activity=no consciousness......  ergo you brain is responsible

Or you can try this...

When the mainboard on your PC is damaged, does the internet disappear?

Just because you're not able to connect to the internet, do you think everybody else is unable as well?

Edited by Sunmaster
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Just dropped in to see if anyone had finally found a proof of the existence of this god character, but alas.

Keep searching!

But try to stick to the OP: topic/1095135-do-you-believe-in-god-and-why

never mind if anyone has found proof of that mysterious individuals existence, very few even agree what god is, 

Their god is a "god of the gaps" He exists in their gap of understanding, and once that gap is filled with knowledge, their god  morphs into something else. picks up his stuff and moves to the remaining gap of their understanding,  but as he/her does it diminishes in stature because the gaps become smaller and smaller and every time their god morphs he has to discard a bit of furniture. Gone are the lightening bolt, too big for the new digs, LOL

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Just dropped in to see if anyone had finally found a proof of the existence of this god character, but alas.

Keep searching!

But try to stick to the OP: topic/1095135-do-you-believe-in-god-and-why

Nevermind if anyone has found proof of that mysterious entity called God. If you really feel the need to know, find out by yourself, as no one else can do it for you. If you don't feel that need, fine, just move on and don't bother those who do. Easy, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Nevermind if anyone has found proof of that mysterious entity called God. If you really feel the need to know, find out by yourself, as no one else can do it for you. If you don't feel that need, fine, just move on and don't bother those who do. Easy, isn't it?

It would be if some of those who wound him/her would not want to kill me if I don't find him also. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Then you're even more delusional. :cheesy:

GOD doesn't NOT provide the love and happiness of Thailand....he's good for nothing.  I can talk to myself and get more done.   Talking to God is like talking to an oxygen molecule. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mike787 said:

GOD doesn't NOT provide the love and happiness of Thailand..

Lol...a double negative which means he actually does provide love and happiness. Well done ????????????

14 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Talking to God is like talking to an oxygen molecule

How do you know? Have you tried talking to either one?

You learn something new every day on this thread. ????

17 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

Wow, I didn't know I was at risk of being killed! Thanks for the heads up. ????

Not if i hide in "civilised countries " and even there my life is often compromised by some  of the god heads. But trust me  when some suicide bombers blow themselves up, and with them many innocents , one of which could be me, They don't yell  " secularism is great". 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Not if i hide in "civilised countries " and even there my life is often compromised by some  of the god heads. But trust me  when some suicide bombers blow themselves up, and with them many innocents , one of which could be me, They don't yell  " secularism is great". 

How exactly is your life compromised?

Even if you lived in one of those countries you fear so much, you could just keep your relationship to God for yourself. 

Are you seriously afraid of being attacked by a suicide bomber? ????

Are you afraid of your shadow too?

5 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

How exactly is your life compromised?

Even if you lived in one of those countries you fear so much, you could just keep your relationship to God for yourself. 

Are you seriously afraid of being attacked by a suicide bomber? ????

Are you afraid of your shadow too?

Where did I say i was afraid? 

as to how my life is compromised by religion, why don;t you ask a gay person. 

• Like 2