Are the banks open on Monday 06?

YES. The official bank holiday listing for 2019 shows Monday 6th May 2019 as a "Special Holiday".  The next bank holiday is Monday 20th May 2019 for " Visakha Bucha Day". Bank branches in supermarkets may be open.

• Thanks 1

Judging by the amount of cars and people at our local Big C, it's been one big holiday in Thailand since before Songkran.  Like the heat, it seems to be never-ending.

• Thanks 2

I saw temporary signs at the Bangkok Bank and SCB branches within Siam Paragon today stating that they would be closed on the 6th. These branches tend to be open all seven days, including on many national and religious holidays.

My guess: all branches will be closed, with the possible exception of those exchange booths, which offer some branch activities, at international airports like BKK and DMK?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

I called Bangkok Bank yesterday on an issue....got that resolved.  I then asked are banks closed Monday/6 May.  The answer was yes although some branches may be open.   I take that answer to mean that large stand alone branches will be closed, but small branches in malls may be open.  

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 5:06 AM, allane said:

A noteworthy post indeed. This is very likely the first time I have ever seen  "Are the banks open...?" before I have seen "Are the bars open..."

You'll need the banks before going to the bars....

17 hours ago, geistfunke said:

unbelievable, what a kindergarden - so no international money will arrive on Monday....

Do they not have bank and public holidays when the bans are closed in the country that you come from?

Try doing a search on Google for public holidays in Thailand and then you will be prepared.