Illegal dumpers caught in Jomtien

Rimmer

Illegal dumpers caught in Jomtien

image.png

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya authorities caught four men illegally dumping construction scraps and trash behind Jomtien Condominium.

The city hall municipal police fined each of the suspects 2,000 baht.

Officers said they have stepped up patrols in Jomtien after numerous reports of illegal dumping. (PCPR)

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-29--

I've been taking photos (with license plates clearly legible) of those scum for years on that road, but was stuck wondering what to do with them. Trusting soul that I'm not, if I take them to police station I reckon cops will want info on me & where I live. Would they keep that private? Highly doubtful. I don't feel like taking up balcony diving as a hobby.

Don't call me paranoid, as paranoia is an unreasonable fear. I reckon my fear is more reasonable.

Once I saw cops bust some folks, but otherwise done with impunity.

• Like 1

what about Soi 6 , Na Jomtien !!   this is road to the Police Station !!   Even if land used for illegal dumping is then fenced off the offenders just find somewhere else nearby !!

That was close.

I read the title of the thread,  and though that Chinese over stayers were pooping on the side walks in Jomtien. 

( maybe the shape of things to come )

But it was only, Fly tipping. nothing new.  every corner of Thailand has this.

It's a new  Hub, Thailand the Fly tippers Hub of Asia. :thumbsup:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

In other words, not turning a blind eye. When did they get the first rapport, in 1987?

Yes but other dump sites are disappearing so the envelope requirements can be pushed up and make it worth the time for chasing these illegal dumpers.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:32 AM, Rimmer said:

The city hall municipal police fined each of the suspects 2,000 baht.

Take the cost of legal disposal methods, factor in the odds of getting caught, and it seems like illegal dumping is a valid business decision.

And I think that's the problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jen65 said:

what about Soi 6 , Na Jomtien !!   this is road to the Police Station !!   Even if land used for illegal dumping is then fenced off the offenders just find somewhere else nearby !!

If the authorities were to offer 'rewards' IE get a photo of the vehicle with plates if possible and send it in I am sure there would be plenty of responses. I thought to stop my bike and take pics when I saw a truck at the usual dumping spot that sometimes burns on the Railway line bypass, but in retrospect felt it might be a dumb move. 

There is actually a "direct" complaints website to City Hall. To the Mayor's office, if you can believe it.  It probably achieves nothing, but you can attach your photos, and you don't have to leave your name or address.  Not sure if I'm allowed to add the link, but here it is:

http://webboard.pattaya.go.th/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=113d5ef3d27d5077ec14b3bd962033e0

• Like 1

seems to me that the Police were TIPPED off about the day and possible time that these guys were going to dump, otherwise HOW did Police know they were going to be there.??

This road has been a dumping ground for years and SUDDENLY police are there.....WHERE were THEY before????

11 hours ago, madmen said:

Like they look like they have 2k in the wallet. Wont ever get paid 

Agree. They look like migrant workers, employed by a Thai company. The company should be fined, not the workers.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, Rimmer said:

The city hall municipal police fined each of the suspects 2,000 baht

That's why Thai people don't care dumb garbish 

Fine have to mush higher 

Jomtien is a big dumping place and it smells when they burning garbish 

I rode by there on Tuesday while they arrested the fly tippers nobody cleaned it up. The road from the three tower housing project looking condos at Jomtien 2nd road and the end of Thepprasit 9 that goes to the go-kart/bungee facility and to Thepprasit is just nothing but garbage on both sides, often on fire. 

Except for the anachronism of some new industrial building going up in the middle of nowhere. Their site is fairly clean.