fair price per square meter for a condo

Hindy

On June 4, 2019 at 12:15 AM, bkk6060 said:

The price per sq meter is an inaccurate way to value a property.  

Although, many RE agents will use this some because they are lazy.

If a place is highly upgraded with new high end appliances, Italian tile, high end granite or marble counter tops, comes furnished, etc. then obviously it is worth more.

Interesting you would mention Pratumnak.  There are some real low prices there now several places for under one million b.  Not big, but new and decent locations.

So, how many places in the world can one buy a condo for around 30,000 dollars in a decent area? Not many.

Also, if a person is buying and smart take the exchange rate to your advantage.  If someone bought a few years ago an offer of 15 percent below what they paid will have them breaking even.  So, if they paid 2 million I would probably even go lower then 15 percent to around 1.5 million b.

Hence, one of the reasons for 12,000 properties on the market in the Pattaya area.  Sellers do not want to sell for less then they paid.  So, many places will sit sit sit with little interest.

I saw a one bedroom ad recently at Soi7 Cozy Beach, Casa Espana Condo for 27k per m2. Foreign name. Seems pretty reasonable but I don't know the building. 

This one sold in 4 days at 1,999,999 for a second floor condo in View Talay 2A -25KSQM ! He took the price off as soon as it sold ! There is priced to sell / priced to market and there are 'my condo is worth this much' (it isn't). 

https://www.gecko-properties.com/en-GB/realestate/jomtien/condo/gkp-c005217

1 Bedroom
1 Bathroom
Living Size 78 sq/m
Fully Furnished
European Kitchen
Company name

Great value with this Pattaya apartment for sale in the “View Talay 2” complex, Jomtien

This Thailand condo for sale offers a generous 78sqm of living area on the 2nd floor, stylishly decorated with kitchen, large living area, balcony and a good-looking bedroom.  This condo complex sit near the beach in Jomtien, with great communal facilities including a large pool, security and parking.

Come in and have a chat about Pattaya property for sale GKP-C005217 and arrange a viewing today with our friendly staff.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

This one sold in 4 days at 1,999,999 for a second floor condo in View Talay 2A -25KSQM ! He took the price off as soon as it sold ! There is priced to sell / priced to market and there are 'my condo is worth this much' (it isn't). 

1 Bedroom

1 Bathroom

Living Size 78 sq/m

Fully Furnished

European Kitchen

Company name

Great value with this Pattaya apartment for sale in the “View Talay 2” complex, Jomtien

This Thailand condo for sale offers a generous 78sqm of living area on the 2nd floor, stylishly decorated with kitchen, large living area, balcony and a good-looking bedroom.  This condo complex sit near the beach in Jomtien, with great communal facilities including a large pool, security and parking.

Come in and have a chat about Pattaya property for sale GKP-C005217 and arrange a viewing today with our friendly staff.

That is cheap but there would still even normally be a discount for such a low floor and the company owned thing even more so. It's a different market than foreign owned.

But even considering that yes that went cheap.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That is cheap but there would still even normally be a discount for such a low floor and the company owned thing even more so. It's a different market than foreign owned.

But even considering that yes that went cheap.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Plus the second floor might be over a restaurant and or near the pool so the balcony might not be so desirable. I have a condo on the 15th floor in the same block - looks like a fire sale to me. Maybe the agent bought it to sell on later. The problem with the property market in Thailand is it is so opaque and full of smoke and mirrors. Very easy to buy much more difficult to sell. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

1 Bedroom
1 Bathroom
Living Size 78 sq/m
Fully Furnished
European Kitchen
Company name

And what were the terms?

Many desperate sellers are carrying back paper for as little as 25 percent down.  Then, carrying back the rest for up to 10 years in some cases interest free.  These types of transactions are becoming much more common.

But, no one will ever know the truth as there is no transparency in RE here.

Edited by bkk6060

16 hours ago, Henryford said:

Company name, so that means you never own it. No thanks even at 25ksqm.

If you have a wife, trust her then you can go to chanote at the land office and it will be in the Thai quota. That relies on a)having a wife and b)trusting her. Otherwise you are right company name can be a hornet's nest of problems when there are thousands of others to look at. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

41 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

If you have a wife, trust her then you can go to chanote at the land office and it will be in the Thai quota. That relies on a)having a wife and b)trusting her. Otherwise you are right company name can be a hornet's nest of problems when there are thousands of others to look at. 

I would say both systems can become a hornet's nest ….depending your luck 

So just take one who can be on your own name …. plenty choice 

Edited by david555

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2019 at 2:14 PM, bkk6060 said:

The Chinese are buying in newer projects more central.

The Base, The Edge, Centric, although north Pattaya Posh.

Planning to avoid those locations.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:17 AM, madmen said:

Tell that to the guys that trusted their perfect wives and are now back home stacking shelves at walmart age 70 ????

Or repeating the phrase....Would you like some fries with that order Sir....

On 6/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, madmen said:

Tell that to the guys that trusted their perfect wives and are now back home stacking shelves at walmart age 70 ????

Or tell that to all the girls that trusted their perfect husbands, and are now back in Udon selling vegetables. ????