Teen seriously injured in Kathu motorbike crash

webfact

Teen seriously injured in Kathu motorbike crash

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1559817715_1-org.jpg

The accident happened on Phra Phuket Kaew Rd, near Kathu Intersection, at about 2pm. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A teenage male suffered serious injuries and was rushed to hospital unconscious earlier today (June 6) after he lost control of his motorbike on a wet road in Kathu and crashed beside the road.

Capt Nipon Temsang of the Kathu Police was called to the scene, near the U-turn on Phra Phuket Kaew Rd between the Bangchak petrol station and Kathu Intersection, at about 2pm.

The motorbike rider, 19-year-old Phuket native Watcharaphong Phunthawa, was unconscious and unresponsive at the scene.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/teen-seriously-injured-in-kathu-motorbike-crash-71700.php#HTgtVL0rke3YF5FL.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-07

If only his sandals had been correctly secured he would probably be standing there, having a laugh with the rescue guys.

Remember folks, never ride a motorcycle without properly secured sandals.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Capt Nipon explained that Watcharapong was riding from Patong to the Phuket Bus Terminal, with his father following behind in a pickup truck, when the motorbike slid on the wet road and crashed heavily into the roadside gutter."

It's hardly surprising, as most adults here have no interest/understanding about allowing for driving in wet road conditions.

Until there is even basic information taught about roadcraft, these sort of incidents will carry on forever.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

All 19 year olds think they are bullet-proof, that nothing can happen to them.

Very true.

An an eighteen-year-old motorcyclist who clipped the wing of a parked car with my Honda 500/4, I remember while I was flying through the air that I had just lost a bet I had with a friend at work, as to who would be the first to have a day off sick. Then I hit the ground.

Those tires on the bike are essentially useless on a road that wet. They'd be aquaplaning in an instant. After market exhaust pipe adds horsepower. Driving with sandals. Helmet? A potentially deadly combination.

• Like 2

19 year old dies after big bike accident in Kathu, Phuket

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: เทศกิจ 201(กะทู้) อุทิศ 5811 / อาสาของประชาชน

61921748_2565795083741624_78497863782786

A 19 year old was pronounced dead at Vachira Phuket Hospital after being seriously injured in a sports bike (Honda CB 650cc) accident in Kathu.

Rescue workers report that they were notified of the accident at 1.45pm yesterday on the Phra Phuket Kaew Road near Bang Jak petrol station.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find the man with serious injuries. He was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital and later pronounced dead. Nearby the found his damaged big bike.

Police are continuing their investigation to find the cause of accident. The roads in Phuket were very wet yesterday with a day of persistent rain.

61870920_2565795227074943_91051940059556

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/19-year-old-dies-after-big-bike-accident-in-kathu-phuket

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-06-07
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

Those tires on the bike are essentially useless on a road that wet. They'd be aquaplaning in an instant. After market exhaust pipe adds horsepower. Driving with sandals. Helmet? A potentially deadly combination.

An aftermarket exhaust increases the noise, more power needs a complete remapping of the intake/exhaust system.

8 minutes ago, lockyv7 said:

He was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital and later pronounced dead

so this is another that wont come up on the road fatalities stats because he wasn't pronounced dead until he was at the hospital.  

So this is another post that continues to give wrong information because they read it somewhere.