Stopped 4x Today

JimmyTheMook

Around CNX they use the same BIB checkpoint areas, every day same times. just so easy to do a mental map of where they are and ride on other roads to bypass them , easy peasy. My tuk tuk man who sees them all the time also mentioned (a) they are often within 100 metres of a police station due to being lazy in walking (b) you must wear a helmet cam and they will waive you on, they dont want selfies taking corruption money.

13 minutes ago, legend49 said:

just so easy to do a mental map of where they are and ride on other roads to bypass them

Not so easy in Pattaya..they do have their usual spots  but not everyday  they go for weeks or months with no stops then bam out of the blue  back again !   they also like to  stop on Sukhumvit where you have no choice short of turning round and drive against traffic flow ...or to set up just round a blind corner  and under the fly-over  where again you have no chance to avoid them.

The most I got stopped was twice in a day  and that wasn't any, fun 4 times is just getting silly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

a helmet cam is the best defence against getting ripped off  at a road block.  Same with cars, front and back dash cams.  It's amazing how often you just get waved through when they see that they are being recorded. 

Ok ..so go to police station to complain and wait in non aircon room for the rest of the day while they find an interpreter,

Then.....

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, p414 said:

Ok ..so go to police station to complain and wait in non aircon room for the rest of the day while they find an interpreter,

Then.....

sorry, but what has your comment got to do with my post? 

27 minutes ago, p414 said:

Then.....

no, social media is the place to air it if you want immediacy ????

Main thing to remember  is after handing back your papers never respond if they say "Good luck"

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ExaltedSilentIberianlynx.webm

Edited by Regyai

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Around CNX they use the same BIB checkpoint areas, every day same times. just so easy to do a mental map of where they are and ride on other roads to bypass them , easy peasy. My tuk tuk man who sees them all the time also mentioned (a) they are often within 100 metres of a police station due to being lazy in walking (b) you must wear a helmet cam and they will waive you on, they dont want selfies taking corruption money.

Same in Rayong, always outside the cop shop.  I just use the back road. Same on the intersection of the 332 and 331, outside the cop shop, never anywhere else.  

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is an easy solution to avoid paying a lot of money.

When they stop you the first time don't pay cash, insist on a ticket. They will collect your driver license and give you the ticket.

And for any future stop that ticket is your don't-pay-continue-card.

They can't collect your driver license anymore. They can only look at the ticket. And that's it.

Officially you should pay that ticket (I think) within 10 days. But I had it already a year or so in my pocket and never paid another fine. And when I finally paid it was the original amount - something like 400B (for a year).

Remember the proposed "Points System?"  Anyone want to know it won't work.  <laughs>

• Like 1

Last night on Sukhumvit observed 3 Traffic police pull up at an intersection on their motorcycles and immediately start pulling over many motocycles and start causing a traffic jam build up on sukhumvit where the traffic for once seemed to be flowing smoothly.

I live NE of Surin and went through 4 checkpoints on my way to Kap Choeng IM one day. Would have been 5, but they were removing the cones in Kap Choeng.  Checked window sticker, seat belt use and drivers license at each stop.

• Like 1