Survey: Is Thailand’s appeal declining for Western Tourists?

Scott

Survey: Is Thailand’s appeal declining for Western Tourists?  

491 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been a number of threads on tourism and a recent one on the decline of western tourists in Pattaya and it's impact on the entertainment sector.   Which of the following best describes your belief in how the tourism sector is changing.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Some recent links on the subject:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111095-entertainment-tourism-pattaya-for-europeans-is-over-30-down-this-year-official/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111573-big-spending-indians-keeping-thai-tourism-afloat-says-media/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1111479-india-is-the-answer-indians-flood-walking-street-after-bad-week-for-pattaya/

8 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

The ban on alcohol as and when it happens will not leave tourists enamoured when they want a drink with their meals.????

Just get clued up before hand and buy your bottles in advance as I used to do when I was a daily alcoholic .

• Like 1

Just back from a trip to Thailand . I lived there 6 years nack in the 90s BEFORE the mass tourism thing happened . When the Brits still went to Majorca on holiday . Now they go to Thailand and the Thais naturally enough think were all like that resulting in the current state of UNFRIENDLINESS and UNWELCOMENESS I palpatably felt this time . I go there to visit friends but avoid the TOURIST TRAPS of Pattaya and PHUKET etc like the PLAGUE .

• Like 2

The rise in other Asian tourists make Thailand unpalatable.???

Why the heck include this . You dont like Chinese or something . Im British but would MUCH rather have Chinese around than other farang .

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

Just now, possum1931 said:

I do not think that is the case, there are lots of topics going on for a long time.

Thaivisa as far as I can see has been more interesting over the past year.

If less foreigners are staying and or traveling to Thailand then what will be the effect for this website?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Scutty said:

Just get clued up before hand and buy your bottles in advance as I used to do when I was a daily alcoholic .

Don't think eateries will be too happy with tourists walking in with beer laden plastic bags.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

If less foreigners are staying and or traveling to Thailand then what will be the effect for this website?

I am not saying that if things get worse it will not affect this website, but what percentage of Thaivisa members do not live in Thailand?

• Like 1