The Aussie Rules Football Thread - The Greatest Game On Earth

Adelaide 9.19

Port 10.5

Until I read the match report can't comment. Can only hope this gives us the spur to do the hard work in the finals. :o:D

:bah::bah::o;):D:D:D:D

watched the game last night, love to see choco crying 55555555

You watch it, I'll get my mates Crow Boy and Austhaied onto you.

They'll... they'll.... THEY'LL KNOCK ON YER DOOR AND RUN AWAY!!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adelaide 9.19

Port 10.5

Until I read the match report can't comment. Can only hope this gives us the spur to do the hard work in the finals. :o:D

:bah::bah::o;):D:D:D:D

I knew the Crows would win, felt it in me bones, we were watching it on the big screen at a party last night and a lot of the crows die hards were in greif mode.

they wont make the final but at least they beat the port mungrals 5555

Round 18 results.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 4.5 6.9 7.11 12.13 (85)

ST KILDA 3.3 8.4 10.10 12.13 (85)

Goals: Western Bulldogs: D Giansiracusa 4 W Skipper 2 J Akermanis M Boyd A Cooney A Everitt C Grant B Johnson.

St Kilda: N Riewoldt 3 J Gram 2 J Koschitzke 2 J Blake X Clarke A Fiora S Milne L Montagna.

Best: Western Bulldogs: S West R Murphy S Power A Cooney D Giansiracusa B Harris

St Kilda: N Riewoldt J Gram N Dal Santo A Fiora X Clarke.

Injuries: St Kilda: L Ball (adductor tightness) replaced in selected side by C Jones

Reports: Nil. Umpires: C Donlon M Vozzo B Rosebury.

Crowd: 33,600 at Telstra Dome.

GEELONG 5.3 9.6 13.10 21.13 (139)

RICHMOND 2.1 5.2 7.3 11.3 (69)

Goals: Geelong: S Johnson 5 M Stokes 3 J Kelly 2 C Mooney 2 M Blake 2 D Wojcinski 2 J Corey S Byrnes N Ablett G Ablett D Milburn.

Richmond: M Richardson 4 N Brown 3 G Tivendale 2 B Deledio S Tuck.

Best: Geelong: M Scarlett G Ablett S Johnson D Milburn J Bartel J Corey.

Richmond: N Foley M Richardson D Connors W Thursfield S Tuck A Raines.

Umpires: L Farmer C Hendrie D Goldspink.

Crowd: 21,951 at Skilled Stadium.

COLLINGWOOD 4.0 8.7 10.10 18.12 (120)

CARLTON 4.4 7.6 11.10 14.12 (96)

Goals: Collingwood: A Rocca 5 T Cloke 4 L Davis 2 D Thomas 2 T Lockyer 2 H Shaw S Burns A Didak.

Carlton: B Fevola 6 B Fisher 2 J Waite 2 J Russell K Simpson S O'hAilpin J Saddington.

Best: Collingwood: T Cloke S Burns A Rocca J Clement D Swan. Carlton: H Scotland B Fisher A Carrazzo B Fevola B Thornton.

Umpires: H Kennedy M Stevic M Avon.

Crowd: 56,341 at the MCG.

BRISBANE LIONS 3.5 5.10 7.14 10.17 (77)

KANGAROOS 0.1 2.6 4.7 5.10 (40)

Goals: Brisbane: J Brown 6 W Mills 2 J MacDonald J Brennan.

Kangaroos: A Edwards S Grant E Sansbury S McMahon D Wells.

Best: Brisbane: J Charman W Mills J Adcock J Brown J Brennan.

Kangaroos: B Harvey D Wells B Rawlings K Green.

Umpires: B Allen S Wenn D Woodcock.

Crowd: 29,233 at the Gabba.

ADELAIDE 0.3 3.10 5.15 9.19 (73)

PORT ADELAIDE 3.1 6.2 9.3 10.5 (65)

Goals: Adelaide: J Torney 2 B Burton 2 S Goodwin A McLeod S Welsh T Edwards N Gill.

Port Adelaide: B Ebert 4 J Westhoff 3 D Motlop S Burgoyne A Thomson.

Best: Adelaide: S Goodwin J Torney B Burton T Edwards N van Berlo B Hudson.

Port Adelaide: B Ebert D Rodan D Pearce B Lade J Westhoff.

Umpires: S McBurney S McLaren S McInerney.

Crowd: 42,335 at AAMI Stadium.

SYDNEY 5.1 10.5 14.9 17.10 (112)

MELBOURNE 0.2 3.4 5.5 9.10 (64)

Goals: Sydney: D Jolly 2 J Bolton 2 A Buchanan 2 A Schneider 2 R O'Keefe 2 B Hall M O'Loughlin N Malceski N Davis A Goodes L Ablett H Grundy.

Melbourne: B Holland 3 A Davey 2 D Neitz B Miller M Newton M Jamar.

Best: Sydney: A Buchanan A Goodes A Schneider P Bevan C Bolton P Everitt J Bolton.

Melbourne: B Holland N Carroll N Brown R Ferguson.

Umpires: M James C Kamolins S Meredith.

Crowd: 11,266 at Manuka Oval.

HAWTHORN 4.4 7.9 11.11 17.17 (119)

ESSENDON 0.6 3.8 7.12 7.14 (56)

Goals: Hawthorn: L Franklin 4 J Roughead 3 B Dixon 2 R Ladson 2 S Crawford 2 T Boyle S Gilham C Bateman R Vandenberg.

Essendon: M Lloyd 2 A Monfries D Peverill H Slattery S Lucas D Fletcher.

Best: Hawthorn: S Mitchell C Bateman C Brown T Croad G Birchall L Franklin S Crawford J Lewis.

Essendon: D Fletcher B Stanton.

Umpires: R Chamberlain M Ellis K Nicholls.

Crowd: 55,019 at the MCG.

FREMANTLE 5.3 9.4 13.7 19.10 (124)

WEST COAST 2.4 6.7 11.8 14.13 (97)

Goals: Fremantle: J Carr 3 J Farmer 3 M Pavlich 2 P Bell 2 A Grover R Murphy M Carr B Peake C Tarrant R Crowley P Hasleby H Black D Gilmore.

West Coast: M Le Cras 4 D Wirrpanda 2 B Staker 2 Q Lynch A Hansen M Seaby R Jones A Hunter A Selwood.

Best: Fremantle: J Carr L McPharlin C Tarrant A Grover D Solomon.

West Coast: D Cox D Wirrpanda M Le Cras A Selwood D Glass.

Umpires: D Margetts S Ryan S Jeffery.

Crowd: 43,096 at Subiaco Oval.

Bloody Docker S...heads. Once again they save their best footy for the Eagles. Can't beat Widgiemooltha under 14s for the rest of the season, but play like supermen at the Derby.

And I can't believe they gave the best player medal to that little mongrel Josh Carr!! He spent most of the game head hunting the our small running druggies stars.

Whinge, moan, mutter............. :o

Bloody Docker S...heads. Once again they save their best footy for the Eagles. Can't beat Widgiemooltha under 14s for the rest of the season, but play like supermen at the Derby.

And I can't believe they gave the best player medal to that little mongrel Josh Carr!! He spent most of the game head hunting the our small running druggies stars.

It's the first time (due to the umpires having microphones) I've heard the umps saying keep the elbows out of faces boys but carry on...<deleted> ?? Dockers played well though. Well deserved.

Adelaide 9.19

Port 10.5

Hey leave me out of this :D

I didn't see the game and only saw the results from your post which you will notice I didn't reply and put sh1t on the Power.

Derbys are funny games - local pride seems to become more important than ladder position - the Dockers did the same with The We Just Coast Beagles. Play a cracking game and mess up their backyard neighbours for the home run. Power has done it to the Crows before and I am sure that people like my dad will be delighted to see the result.

I think that this will if anything put a spur under both the Eagles and the Power so will be interesting so see how both perform next round.

Some good wins there for Geelong over the hapless Richmond and the Real Magpies over their arch enemy Carlton. The Lions seem to have found form and really hit the Kangas.

After last weeks effort the Bombers were grounded by the Dorks which will not make AusThaied happy - see mate I resisted the inclination to go "bleeeerg Naah Naah" :D

Supprised there hasn't been a HUGE post from our resident Cat supporter who is preparing to paint his Pattaya house with Blue and White hoops in preparation for their first premiership title since 1854 oh all right since 1964 which was when Bronco was playing centre for West Croydon before running for his life out of Port Adelaide territory and hiding out in Glenelg where he started to grow his hair like Neil Curly

CB

CB

Definitely a sorrow drowning weekend.

I see that Kerr had his day in court, his old man must be a right f*cking nutter letting the lad get involved in a brawl.

I think the Weagles are going to be the first team ever to lose a flag OFF the field.

Wonder if Carr's regretting his decision to leave Port and go to Freo?

Adelaide 9.19

Port 10.5

Hey leave me out of this :D

I didn't see the game and only saw the results from your post which you will notice I didn't reply and put sh1t on the Power.

Derbys are funny games - local pride seems to become more important than ladder position - the Dockers did the same with The We Just Coast Beagles. Play a cracking game and mess up their backyard neighbours for the home run. Power has done it to the Crows before and I am sure that people like my dad will be delighted to see the result.

I think that this will if anything put a spur under both the Eagles and the Power so will be interesting so see how both perform next round.

Some good wins there for Geelong over the hapless Richmond and the Real Magpies over their arch enemy Carlton. The Lions seem to have found form and really hit the Kangas.

After last weeks effort the Bombers were grounded by the Dorks which will not make AusThaied happy - see mate I resisted the inclination to go "bleeeerg Naah Naah" :D

Supprised there hasn't been a HUGE post from our resident Cat supporter who is preparing to paint his Pattaya house with Blue and White hoops in preparation for their first premiership title since 1854 oh all right since 1964 which was when Bronco was playing centre for West Croydon before running for his life out of Port Adelaide territory and hiding out in Glenelg where he started to grow his hair like Neil Curly

CB

CB

It was Woodville territory in 1965 and prior to that West Torrens and I played on the half back flank in them days :D

I see that Kerr had his day in court, his old man must be a right f*cking nutter letting the lad get involved in a brawl.

I think the Weagles are going to be the first team ever to lose a flag OFF the field.

The latest drug row centered around the Eagles was ignited by Akermanis who claimed in his newspaper column that a WCE player was using blood boosting drugs (EPO). He based his accusations on the fact that he couldn't keep up with the player, nor believe how high he could jump, in a recent game.

Despite Demitriou stating Aker is an idiot, drug testing bodies have taken his claims seriously and taken a statement from him.

Worsefold thinks the player may end up a very rich man after legal action.

I believe the accused player may be Braun

Whinge, moan, mutter............. :D

The latest drug row centered around the Eagles was ignited by Akermanis who claimed in his newspaper column that a WCE player was using blood boosting drugs (EPO). He based his accusations on the fact that he couldn't keep up with the player, nor believe how high he could jump, in a recent game.

Despite Demitriou stating Aker is an idiot, drug testing bodies have taken his claims seriously and taken a statement from him.

Worsefold thinks the player may end up a very rich man after legal action.

I believe the accused player may be Braun

you may be right croc :o

Channel 7 named him as Braun, good luck suing them.

I suspect Aker may have some idea as to who can run all day and who can't.

As for Demitriou, a little song my father taught me.

Peek-a-Boo, I can't see you,

Everything must be grand.

Boo-ka-Pe, they can't see me,

As long as I've got me head in the sand.

(The Ostrich Song)

Actually you'd need to be nuts to take EPO.

Additional dangers of EPO include sudden death during sleep, which has killed approximately 18 pro cyclists in the past fifteen years, and the development of antibodies directed against EPO. In this later circumstance the individual develops anemia as a result of the body’s reaction against repeated EPO injections.

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

I’m quite surprised you guy’s have not mentioned the Steven King mark over goal umpire Michael Hammond in the Geelong v Richmond game, near on buried his head in the goal square when coming down with the ball. I saw the game on the Aust Network (PSI) but didn’t record it and searched high and low but can’t find a photo, anyone have one? Looks like there is something on YouTube but not accessible here.

From the RealFooty web site

GEELONG Steven King's mark over the goal umpire in Saturday's match against Richmond has been given the all clear by the match review panel. King, playing his first game since round six, came over the top of the official to take a spectacular mark, saving a certain goal from Richmond's Nathan Brown. Both player and goal umpire went to the ground, with King hanging on to the mark. Although the Bulldogs' Matthew Boyd was offered a $2400 fine for making contact with field umpire Chris Donlon in Friday night's draw with St Kilda, King was cleared when the panel reviewed the round-18 matches. The panel ruled that the umpire contributed to the contact

I can’t figure why Hammond was on the field of play in the first place.

Stats say King finished with five marks, none contested. :o

I’m quite surprised you guy’s have not mentioned the Steven King mark over goal umpire Michael Hammond in the Geelong v Richmond game, near on buried his head in the goal square when coming down with the ball. I saw the game on the Aust Network (PSI) but didn’t record it and searched high and low but can’t find a photo, anyone have one? Looks like there is something on YouTube but not accessible here.

From the RealFooty web site

GEELONG Steven King's mark over the goal umpire in Saturday's match against Richmond has been given the all clear by the match review panel. King, playing his first game since round six, came over the top of the official to take a spectacular mark, saving a certain goal from Richmond's Nathan Brown. Both player and goal umpire went to the ground, with King hanging on to the mark. Although the Bulldogs' Matthew Boyd was offered a $2400 fine for making contact with field umpire Chris Donlon in Friday night's draw with St Kilda, King was cleared when the panel reviewed the round-18 matches. The panel ruled that the umpire contributed to the contact

I can’t figure why Hammond was on the field of play in the first place.

Stats say King finished with five marks, none contested. :o

This is the only one i could find.. Pretty crappy at that.

post-31110-1186462616_thumb.jpg

You can't see from that photo, but the umpire was well past the goal line and into the goal square as the mark was taken.

All very well ensuring you are in line with the ball for the best view as it comes in, but stand back a little to stay out of the action. Some of today's goal umpires are almost as bad as the field wallys in playing up for the cameras.

You can't see from that photo, but the umpire was well past the goal line and into the goal square as the mark was taken.

All very well ensuring you are in line with the ball for the best view as it comes in, but stand back a little to stay out of the action. Some of today's goal umpires are almost as bad as the field wallys in playing up for the cameras.

field wallies are miked up now also old fella

bitemebaby.gif

Actually, a mate of mine is sending over some special Cats stuff I plan on wearing to the Grand Final bash in Bangkok next month.

bitemebaby.gif

Actually, a mate of mine is sending over some special Cats stuff I plan on wearing to the Grand Final bash in Bangkok next month.

If you want to wear cat's stuff, all available in LOS, fishnet stockings and a bra 55555555555555

bitemebaby.gif

Confident of a Grand final appearance then are we ?? :o

Port unconvincing against a bottom side.

Port Adelaide 17.14

Carlton 14.9

Carlton's 8 goal third quarter brought a coasting Port back to earth and a few well spoken words of advice at the three quarter break by kindly old coach Chocko inspired them to bring home the four points.

We now have:-

Hawthorn

Geelong

Fremantle.

To finish the minor round.

Edited by sceadugenga

Hawthorn

Geelong

Fremantle.

No gimmees in that bunch.

Positions 2 through to 13 still up for grabs.

Eagles just knocked off the Roos 17-17 (119) to 15-12 (102)

Geelong 5 or 6 in front of Adelaide in the forth 1/4.

Hawthorn

Geelong

Fremantle.

No gimmees in that bunch.

Positions 2 through to 13 still up for grabs.

Eagles just knocked off the Roos 17-17 (119) to 15-12 (102)

Geelong 5 or 6 in front of Adelaide in the forth 1/4.

Adelaide's gone, it's hard for them to make the finals now, they have:

Lions

Bulldogs (both at AAMI)

Collingwood (Away)

No gimmes there either, unless, ofcourse, they suspend a few more key players to try to get a bit closer to the bottom. :o