7 months of roadwork begins on Beach Road

Rimmer

17 hours ago, johng said:

I got stopped yesterday  going south on Sukhumvit just past Ambassador hotel ( a regular haunt for them)

had helmet on (check)   asked for licence (check) asked to turn on engine for exhaust loudness (check) asked where keys are, my bike is old the keys fall out while ignition on so in my pocket ( check) as it happened I was going to get the bike inspected for yearly tax and insurance  so showed him the green book ( check)  then he asks where is the road tax..I pointed out it was stuck to the left hand fairing (check)...then he says..."you have too many whiskey today"   go to the policeman over at the table  for alcohol check...err yeah ok   Alcohol  check 0%   ohh thank you very much  you can go !!!!!

No Idea why they thought I'd been drinking,never had to do a breathalyser test before..maybe I should change deodorants ??

No Idea why they thought I'd been drinking,never had to do a breathalyser test before..maybe I should change deodorants ??

just looking for any reason to re leave you of some money ????

• Like 1

Fortunately we live one block off Chowpraya (or however it's properly spelt) and aside from motorcycles revving up the hill, we are not subject to the congestion of beach road and all of the SOIs from #2 on out to Sukhumvit. I feel sorry for the workers but hold the crooks who arrange these "contracts" in contempt.

This photo was from before they lowered the Promenade to let the water drain..It only took them 3-4 years to figure out water needs a outlet or it just sits there for ages......

I dont get it really the Promenade before 2013 drained great....The Promenade rebuild was a disaster that did not drain beach road and took years to fix....

On 7/26/2019 at 5:03 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I don't want to be seen as a naysayer, merchant of doom and gloom and quite frankly sceptical of the last 15 years (that I know of) improvements to Beach Road, but does anyone want a bet that whatever they are doing will have absolutely zero effect on the flooding problem of beach road and the beach.

Just another 95 Million Baht to be shared with the lucky few, the first decent rainstorm after completion will have the usual result.

Other opinions are available.............

????

this should not be looked as a drainage issue being solved so much as a mercedes replacement initiative...

• Haha 2

I will be smiling as I cruise past everyone on my bicycle as they sit in their infernal combustion machines, idling and immobile on Beach road. 

After drinking though, will have to put up with sitting in a baht bus and extra 15 minutes or likely walking a few more kilometers. 

Life goes on, I'm betting personal drones will soon be available for the millionaires in Pattaya, and they will permanently close second road and beach road to all vehicle traffic - LOL

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, jacko45k said:

There are roadworks all over the place in Pattaya causing traffic congestion.....

yeah i found out yesterday take me 75 minutes to do 7 or 8 kms.....what an effin drive it was.....with vehicles wanting to lane change and overtake to gain one or two car lengths PROPER THAI DRIVING !!!!!!

• Haha 1

hahahaha...another local joke unfolding. The only way drainage in Pattaya will be "fixed" will be if the city fathers cough up the baht to pay a Japanese or German firm. All else will be subject to rude failure. Just the way it is.....Thai drainage designs work great during dry weather!

• Haha 1