Cheap Laptop

Tufty

I'm looking for a cheap laptop in Pattaya,

Its for my g/f's sister so second hand would be ok as she needs only to learn the basics before moving on to anything better

She liives with her mum and brother in a small room so a desktop is out of the question

I anyone knows somebody who is selling one or a second hand dealer please let me know

Probably better forget about Pattaya and go down to Bangkok for an afternoon.

There's a shop on the second floor selling lots of secondhand stuff, mainly music instruments, desktops and laptops(& lots of laptop spareparts).

You can get a celeron/PII 400 Mhz with 64Megs Ram for around 8 to 9000Baht

Perfect for 98SE or Me, forget about running Xp....

Battery will be gone though, and most will be Japanese imports, so you'll need the stickers with the Thai keyboard layout!

Thanks for the plug ubergnome. I have put my ibook on ebay. First thing I've actually sold on ebay so should be interesting.

Those machiens up stairs at Sri Racha (i think in music room shop) are very old. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything above 400mhz. That being said; might be all you need if you are comfortable with windows 98 etc.

I love my ibook. Even tho it's only a 500 mz running OS 9.1 I can crank out work 11 times faster than the P4 W2k setup in the office.

Also makes a killer stereo and DVD player.

Just curious - How much do you want for yours?

Try Phantip Plaza in BKK - I think it's on Petchbury Road not to far from the Phaya Thai BTS Station. I'm posting on a Toshiba 10gb PC with a LCD flatscreen monitor that I bought there for about 14,000 - 12,000 for the machine and 2000 to upgrade the Ram from 128 to 256!

The shop I bought this at was on the second or third floor on your left side from the front entrance. They had a good selection of used computers, both laptop and regular.