Make

Totoandlilly

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Has anyone else seen anyone wear "maga" stuff in Thailand? 

Yes.  There's a group in my area, had them made locally. 

EdIt: I actually don't know source.  Could have been ordered on-line and mailed in, but my sense was it was crafted locally and distro'ed among the group.

Edited by 55Jay

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

Yes.  There's a group in my area, had them made locally. 

EdIt: I actually don't know source.  Could have been ordered on-line and mailed in, but my sense was it was crafted locally and distro'ed among the group.

What area? Do they have rituals? 

• Haha 2

There is a satirical "trump" sculpture at T21 mall Pattaya at a t-shirt shop there. Pattaya people may have seen it. For awhile it sported an arm band with a swastika on it. Later for whatever reason (complaints?) the swastika was replaced with an armband say LSD. Not making this up! 

But still no MAGA hat. I kind of want to see one here because it would be fun to engage with the person wearing it. They would clearly be begging for attention and I'd be happy to help them out. 

The closest thing I've seen to that here is Russians wearing Putin propaganda t-shirts. I've just given them dirty looks as I don't speak Russian. 

I do wonder what would motivate people to make a public display of their admiration for their own authoritarian leader in a foreign country. It's intentionally provocative, isn't it? Of course it is in home countries too, but abroad, it seems another level. 

Edited by Jingthing

If people have any stories to tell about seeing people wearing MAGA stuff in Thailand and what the reactions have been (if any) this seems like a good place to talk about that. Or perhaps you've been wearing it yourself. Did people ignore it or react? Did you want a reaction?