British PM to suspend parliament before Brexit, opposition denounces 'coup'

webfact

8 hours ago, Snackbar said:

‘Sterling fell sharply’ - by 0.08%

The actual figure is -0.02%

Wow..... run for the hills, descent into oblivion for the world’s fifth largest economy - project nonsense. 

Every forex trader already priced this chaos in. That's why the British peso already went from € 1,40 till now € 1,1017 ( and remind, when the UK was asked to join the éuro, the exchange rate was € 1,70 ) 

5th largest economy… till Scotland and N-Ireland "leave" too. Bye -the -way: already sunk till nr 7

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-by-country/  ( 2017) UK = nr 6.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-gdp/

GDP Ranked by Country 2019

What are the countries with the largest economies in the world? Here is a list of the top ten countries with the highest GDP:

1. United States (GDP: $21,410,230)
  2. China (GDP: $15,543,710)
  3. Japan (GDP: $5,362,220)
  4. Germany (GDP: $4,416,800)
  5. India (GDP: $3,155,230)
  6. France (GDP: $3,060,070)
  7. United Kingdom (GDP: $3,022,580)
  8. Italy (GDP: $2,261,460)
  9. Brazil (GDP: $2,256,850)
  10. Canada (GDP: $1,908,530)
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yes, I agree. I even think it's time to make changes in the UK constitution to establish a parliamentary democracy with a President. ????

The UK does NOT HAVE a constitution. Only a bunch full with laws since the Magna Charta

• Like 1

Just now, puipuitom said:

The UK does NOT HAVE a constitution. Only a bunch full with laws since the Magna Charta

Excuse me!? Doesn't have a constitution? Of course we do. Albeit an unwritten one, but stilll...

No constitution....? Hhhrrmmmpppff..

19 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Every forex trader already priced this chaos in. That's why the British peso already went from € 1,40 till now € 1,1017 ( and remind, when the UK was asked to join the éuro, the exchange rate was € 1,70 ) 

5th largest economy… till Scotland and N-Ireland "leave" too. Bye -the -way: already sunk till nr 7

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-by-country/  ( 2017) UK = nr 6.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/countries-by-gdp/

GDP Ranked by Country 2019

What are the countries with the largest economies in the world? Here is a list of the top ten countries with the highest GDP:

1. United States (GDP: $21,410,230)
  2. China (GDP: $15,543,710)
  3. Japan (GDP: $5,362,220)
  4. Germany (GDP: $4,416,800)
  5. India (GDP: $3,155,230)
  6. France (GDP: $3,060,070)
  7. United Kingdom (GDP: $3,022,580)
  8. Italy (GDP: $2,261,460)
  9. Brazil (GDP: $2,256,850)
  10. Canada (GDP: $1,908,530)

are you telling me the French are better than the UK.... thanks started to worry 555

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Now 1.2 million and rising fast. It reached 1 million quicker than any government petiton ever.

Get as many signatures as you like, parliament will be closed so discussing could be problematic.????????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Hi. I am not from UK and have no interest in Brexit or no-Brexit, but what I understand is :

A guy not elected by UK people took the power; wants to impose his personal ideas to govern the country; eliminates democratically elected parliamentarians who could block application of his extreme ideas; … :ohmy:

In other countries we would call that a dictatorship. :ermm::sad:

You should have stopped at "Hi. I am not from UK and have no interest in Brexit or no-Brexit"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's the problem. Never developed, never improved, never updated. The country of nobles, counts, dukes, princesses and kings and queens as in medievil times but then there is a modern country highly skilled ready to compete with many others. And now someone behaving like a totalitarian dictator hopefully chased away soon. ????

Strange people these Brits.... ????

But it is updated all the time, just never codified into one document .

The UK constitution has not been codified in one document, like the Constitution of South Africa or the Grundgesetz in Germany. However, general constitutional principles run through the law,[5] and central statutes have been recognised as holding "constitutional" value.[6] The main sources of law, which "constitute" the body politic of the UK, are Acts of Parliament, cases decided by courts, and conventions on how the Cabinet, the Prime Minister, Parliament and the Monarch conduct themselves.[7] Through legislation, case law and conventions, at least four main principles are usually recognised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

But it is updated all the time, just never codified into one document .

The UK constitution has not been codified in one document, like the Constitution of South Africa or the Grundgesetz in Germany. However, general constitutional principles run through the law,[5] and central statutes have been recognised as holding "constitutional" value.[6] The main sources of law, which "constitute" the body politic of the UK, are Acts of Parliament, cases decided by courts, and conventions on how the Cabinet, the Prime Minister, Parliament and the Monarch conduct themselves.[7] Through legislation, case law and conventions, at least four main principles are usually recognised.

Look here :

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/does-britain-need-constitution-debate-sionaidh-douglas-scott-adam-tomkins

That was why I sent my comment. 

I think it's worth to read. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

only in the UK  (& Thailand) they make such a big (commercial/marketing) deal about the royals and I never understood .... back in 1789 we got rid of them by cutting (Louis XVI in roman mean sixteen) his head off

But that was your countries yobbo days....All changed now, even the Russians changed tack....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm afraid he's right. Nearest thing to a constitution we have is Magna Carta.

However, in my opinion that's a good thing. For what others have a constitution, we have the laws of the land, which are easily updatable, unlike a written constitution.

A good example is the 2nd amendment to the US constiution (the right to bear arms). 200 years old and totally unfit for purpose in the modern world.However many argue that it cannot be changed because it's part of the Constitution. If it were simply a law it could be changed overnight to allow the US to become a modern foreward thinking nation like the rest of the world (I thought you'd like that 555).

Constitutions, totally unnecessary and much overated.

In a constitution the rights and duties of the civilians versus the State and vice versa are written down. Not wise, when that can be changed overnight under the ideas of today. But.. lines of rule in a constitution can be changed, in many countries with 2/3 majority, best even over two legislations.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

The United Kingdom does not have a constitution

The UK has no written constitution. Nor does England have a constitution, neither written nor formulated. The United Kingdom is one of the few countries of the world that does not have a written constitution: it just has what is known as an "uncodified constitution".
   Thus the only "British Constitution" that exists is a set of rules and regulations constituted by jurisprudence and laws (English and Scottish law), and by various treaties and international agreements to which the United Kingdom has signed up. This uncodified constitution has largely developed out of historic English law, since many of its founding principles and essential laws go back to charters and bills that were drawn up by the English parliament long before the creation of the United Kingdom. 

You can read more about United Kingdoms unwritten constitution at the British Library web site:

https://www.bl.uk/magna-carta/articles/britains-unwritten-constitution

Enjoy!

Another happy customer...

Screenshot 2019-08-29 at 10.55.29.png

Edited by Forethat
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, we did the same with Charles I. Trouble was, that life under Cromwell wasn't as good as it was cracked up to be, so, we installed Charles II and have never looked back since.

So, now the task of Charles III or maybe William V to correct after Lord Protector Boris made a mess out of it ?

Edited by puipuitom