TM30: The form getting expats in Thailand into a bureaucratic tangle

webfact

Well, I live in my dad's house, who is a retired Thai National, but now he is in Germany and he cannot fill out the TM 30. I just recently renewed my Non immigrant B visa

Now my dad is not in Thailand to register me via TM 30,

What do I do now, hahahaha???

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

I have seen some truly asinine things in Thailand in my 10+ years here, but this B.S. tops them all. 

This has effectively killed my 2-10 day bike trips around the country. May as well sell my 300cc bikes and buy a 150 PCX. 

I went on a cycling tour last year. Not one one the half-a-dozen places we stayed at were interested in looking at passports. One night, move on.

Edit: Perhaps the answer is to photocopy in advance all the details required on a single page, then give copies to where you stay, and get the guest house to sign a receipt for it.

Edit: Ha ha ha! OK, the 'receipt' wouldn't work, but handing out a single page photocopy might.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I now know a few Thai landlords are not interested in registering their properties so the onus is on the farang to do it but why does the tenant have to do it?

Should crack down on the owners

why? because an owner, so inclined, would just tell them to eff off and there is nothing they can do about it (besides a paltry fine that they would then ignore too)

foreigners on the other hand are a soft touch.. no TM no visa for you farang..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

How about teachers and other employed people, are they meant to take a day off work to go there every time they return from a weekend away?

No. The owner of the property reports. Not the teacher.

If in any doubt, get the owner,or assist the owner to set up an account online. Get him/her to give you the account username and password and report yourself. Easy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There is a law of the conservation of bureaucratic obstructionism. - Theodore Dalrymple

They are deliberately making it difficult and, with such a nationalist government, we need hardly wonder why.

By the way, the petition, in this light, was a mistake. 

They will get the online system working eventually, if only to ease their own administrative burden, but they are probably in no hurry. I suggest in the meantime that everyone should just keep quiet and carry on.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3