All cigarettes in Thailand sold in drab packaging starting September 12

webfact

Personally have never seen any cigarette advertising in LOS.  7-11 keeps them hidden behind the counter unseen on shelves with roll up metal covers
You mean they are supposed to keep them covered.
The seven that I use ALWAYS has the metal covers open and cigarettes on full display.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Just now, AsiaCheese said:

Because states make a sh-load of tax on smokes, is why.

What would happen if you take out a dependency to a couple million people all at once? It's easier and safer for everyone to just keep adding laws and rising it's price slowly, with luck in a couple more generations there will be no more tobacco.

1 hour ago, vinniekintana said:

How about alcohol?

A nicotine-addicted society is a safe society albeit with a few health issues

An alcoholic society is zombie apocalypse.

...and I better be in the company of cigar smokers than loonie alcoholics itching for a fight.

There.

To some degree, I agree with your sentiments the tasks are a little different. Smokers, as far as I know, are always addicted to cigarettes whereas the same is not so of alcohol. I don't know what the proportion is between those addicted, intoxicated and 'social' alcohol consumption is but I think it safe to say that not all consumers are addicts of alcohol. Also, I don't think there is a counterpart in alcohol consumption to 'passive smoking'.