TM 30

12 minutes ago, berybert said:

The TM28 is for reporting a permanent address change.

Going on holiday for a weekend and then back to your home address isn't a permanent change of address.

If you have no idea what you are talking about, please don't.

That is a little over the top is it not? He is talking about Immigration.  The thread is about what is required by Immigration! Even ‘Immigration’ cannot answer that question, you may as well ask how long is a piece of string. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

That is a little over the top is it not? He is talking about Immigration.  The thread is about what is required by Immigration! Even ‘Immigration’ cannot answer that question, you may as well ask how long is a piece of string. 

TM30 and TM28 are totally different things. Threads are long enough without people throwing in forms that are not needed. You will then get someone asking why they were fined after they filled in a TM28 after coming back from a trip within Thailand. 

And when you tell the I.O. someone on the internet told me to fill in that one, there will be another thread started entitled "why did the I.O. laugh at me"

21 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

So you are saying if you exit the country and return with the same address as the completed TM.6 you do not need to do another TM.30? This would be for Bangkok, Chaengwattana  

You have to submit the TM30 at CW immigration in BKK both when coming back to Thailand and when coming back after leaving the province. 

22 hours ago, boonthai said:

Thanks for your feedback, why don,t they get you to fill out TM 30 on arrival at airport, its so confusing, i have been coming to Thailand for the past 20 years and never done.

You fill in the TM6-card on the airplane,but that address is more of an initial address,and not the address where you will stay,let's say your condo. TM30 must by law be submitted by someone, owner or landlord within 24 hours after arriving to the condo.

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

It should never be TM28 after coming back from another province. The problem is that some IO's doesn't have a clue. 

8 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

If the TM6 has the same registered address as your previously completed TM30?  Still need to do a TM30 upon arrival?

Secondly, what about just doing a TM28 and reporting at the police station, would that be accepted upon return?

For Chaengwattana. 

The address on the TM6 is more of an initial address. It doesn't have to be the address where you will stay.

You have to submit the TM30 at CW.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. I'm only here 7 yrs never done tm30 or 90 day report. Then this year CW started enforcement, along with 800baht fine, hence all the threads popping up.

I travel EVERY week. Its bs.

Some imm office require it only international travel. Some for domestic. Some for both. Also as I mentioned I think Jomtien require it for extensions apart from annual extensions but required for things such as residence certificate. Could you make this stuff up!

Week back I was in Saigon for w/e. Today just arrived back from 5 nights bang Sean car racing (members check that out). This coming Thurs I'm up to udon thani for weekend. That's not flopping it out. Just fact. How on earth to keep up with tm30 esp living in bkk. 

But your not living in Bkk if you are traveling about

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

When did they say that?
If you're a condo owner reporting yourself does anyone know what documents you need to bring?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's correct. At Jomtien Immigration you don't have to submit the TM30 when coming back to the same address as the last one reported. You just do the next 90 days report as usual. I repeat,you must have been reported so your address is in the database. 

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Technically you're supposed to complete a TM30 at your local immigration office as well as the TM6 at the airport when arriving in Thailand but conventional wisdom seems to be only do the TM30 if you've got something else to do at immigration 

a TM28 is to change your registered (via a previous TM28) address so is not the same as the TM30 

Let's say you're moving to another province, then you are supposed to submit the TM28, and the TM30 also needs to be submitted by the owner/housemaster/possessor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

CW's call center (1111) is excellent! Highly recommend it for clearing things up! Try it! I just did. Her English was pretty good.

Regarding my previous questions in this thread, they told me yeah, a TM30 must be completed again upon arrival from outside (I just wanted to confirm, thanks @DrJack54 for your previous comments)  the country and that going to the police station is only if CW is closed. I was hoping I could do a TM28 and/or give my TM30 to the nearby police station but, no.

Good luck with submitting the TM28 to the local policestation. Most policemen doesn't have a clue about the TM28. And the TM30 never goes to the police.

22 hours ago, boonthai said:

Thanks for your feedback, why don,t they get you to fill out TM 30 on arrival at airport, its so confusing, i have been coming to Thailand for the past 20 years and never done.

The part where DrJack54 says that at Jomtien Immigration they don't check the TM30 status when doing the annual extension is not entirely true. From one year to another there are four 90 days reports, so the TM30 status are checked on those occasions. 

21 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Thanks. But I'm still just not sure. Being on a ME Non-O, not a retirement visa, I'm wondering if can file the TM28 at my local police station when I return from outside the country. Or if a TM30 is needed each time? I fill out the TM6 with my same address previously filed for the TM30. Yeah it's for Chaengwattana .

Really, wish they can be clearer and more uniform about such gov related requirements. ????

You are leaving the country every 89-90 days and never do any 90 days reports? If so, you don't have to bother. Relax.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Martyp said:

The TM6 has it's own number and that changes when you get a new TM6 hence the need to update the TM30 even if you are returning to your same address. 

What I hear about TM28 is that it is filed when you do something like move to a new condo or move to a new city. I've never filed one. I assume my landlord did it 3 years ago. I don't know and I've never been asked. I am applying for another 1 year extension in November. I guess I will find out.

You are supposed to go to the nearest Immigration office for Immigration matters but what is "nearest".? Obviously some people live far away and it would be more convenient to report to the closer police station. I think, like Immigration offices, it varies whether or not you can report to a police office. You really need to ask each place what is the proper procedure is for you. Once you have that information you have what you need to know for future travel.

The local Immigration is where you are supposed to go. And you are not supposed to submit the TM28 when moving inside the province,but outside. Plus the TM30 by "someone". This is because you have to start doing the 90 days reports at the new immigration office, and later the next 1 year extension. 

7 hours ago, Martyp said:

My landlady filed a TM30 in May. I went to Pattaya early August and did not file anything upon my return. This month I will go to the USA and when I return I will file a TM30. A few weeks later I will apply for another 1 year extension. So it will be interesting, at that time, if they detect the Pattaya trip. If they do then I will pay the fine and I can quiz them on TM30 for internal travel and maybe ask about TM28. I usually go to CW prepared for anything.

No TM28, just the TM30 at CW within 24 hours after arriving to the condo. Did the place you stayed at in Pattaya ask for your passport for copies? If they did,they most likely reported your stay.

5 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

Jomtien immigration told me only to do one after an international arrival or change of address. They seem pretty pragmatic about it. Better check what your local IO requires to be safe.

Jomtien Immigration do understand the TM30 mess,and it's a lot of work for them,too. That's why you don't have to do the TM30 when coming back from another province when staying at the same reported address. I think it's same in Korat Immigration, and possibly at a few others,too.

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

But your not living in Bkk if you are traveling about

If DrJack54 never does the 90 days report,then he's leaving every 89 days. Ask yourself why he's doing that. My advice is,don't listen to him. He's not an expat and most likely don't meet the requirements.

That's just my guess. 

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

The address on the TM6 is more of an initial address. It doesn't have to be the address where you will stay.

You have to submit the TM30 at CW.

At "that" meeting the  Immigration head said some people put a  false  address in so i wonder why they even bother asking where your'e staying on a tm6,  Johnny foreigner  terrorist  will just come for a  few  days , do his  deed  then go, TM30 useless

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

At "that" meeting the  Immigration head said some people put a  false  address in so i wonder why they even bother asking where your'e staying on a tm6,  Johnny foreigner  terrorist  will just come for a  few  days , do his  deed  then go, TM30 useless

Exactly!

• Like 1

I’m not sure I understand this idea that a TM6 address is an initial address but not where you actually stay. What percentage of travelers fly into an airport not knowing where they are going to stay that night? Do people just hop into a Tuk Tuk and cruise the streets looking for a hotel?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I’m not sure I understand this idea that a TM6 address is an initial address but not where you actually stay. What percentage of travelers fly into an airport not knowing where they are going to stay that night? Do people just hop into a Tuk Tuk and cruise the streets looking for a hotel?

TM6 is a person saying where they will be staying and there is no burden of proof, you could put down anything. TM30 is a property reporting a foreigner staying, not a 2nd report from a person.

I think you will find many tourists, if they have visited before, will just head to an area and pick from 2-3 hotels they are familiar with.

9 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Isnt that the point, wherever johnny stays, the property will report him.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:59 AM, tgeezer said:

A TM 30 cannot be done at the airport because it reports your presence at your abode,  how can that be done before you arrive there? 

Because, hopefully, you know where you are going.

10 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The part where DrJack54 says that at Jomtien Immigration they don't check the TM30 status when doing the annual extension is not entirely true. From one year to another there are four 90 days reports, so the TM30 status are checked on those occasions. 

Well my status must be 'OK' yet I have never ever done a TM30, but done plenty of 90 day reports. I obviously have done interim  extension renewals without it ever being asked too. (Part of the extension requirement is some proof of address and a utility bill covers it). Did an online 90 day report only a few days ago, approved in a few hours.

Of course 90 day reports are also not needed if one travels out of the country regularly.  

Edited by jacko45k

So, the clear answer is,

depending on what the local office require and whether you're on a visa or an extension you might need to comply with the TM30 reporting, or you might not. Owning your own condo or renting a condo might make a difference as to who does the reporting.

I would suggest going to your local office and asking exactly what they require.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well my status must be 'OK' yet I have never ever done a TM30, but done plenty of 90 day reports. I obviously have done interim  extension renewals without it ever being asked too. (Part of the extension requirement is some proof of address and a utility bill covers it). Did an online 90 day report only a few days ago, approved in a few hours.

Of course 90 day reports are also not needed if one travels out of the country regularly.  

Yes, you're correct. I'm happy about the way it works at Jomtien Immigration. They're quite relaxed about the TM30 while traveling in Thailand. No need for a new TM30 when coming back home to same address. If you go there Thursday or Friday from 1pm, every visit (for any reason) takes just a few minutes. The fact that I'm staying 5 min away from Immigration doesn't make it worse. ????

On 9/2/2019 at 4:04 PM, boonthai said:

Do you not put the condo address on the form they give you on the plane?

It seems my question has been covered with the TM6 posts above.

I always have a hotel booked before I land and write it on the form, but

often wondered if they ever check. I suppose that they could check when 

I leave the country, is whether my reported address matches the TM30 from

the hotel.

Edited by shy coconut
Addition

6 hours ago, Martyp said:

TM6 is for your initial address or should be. Many people stay at more than 1 address when they are on holiday. They keep the same TM6 card from the time they enter until they leave. 

Unless they  lose it then they go get another one. 

Sums up how daft all these forms are.