The getting old curse – How are you dealing with it?

tomgreen

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That's possible for all of us is it? I'd say he's the exception rather than the rule. Genetics has a lot to do with it.

Thanks you just proved my point nicely, it has nothing to do with his or anyone's age does it, it's about their ability not the number they have reached.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Thanks you just proved my point nicely, it has nothing to do with his or anyone's age does it, it's about their ability not the number they have achieved.

You haven't scored any points here, I clearly said "he's the exception rather than the rule", never mentioned anything about age, You seem unable to admit the fact that getting old, and I'd clarify that by saying from 60 on, brings about diseases and ailments that you don't commonly see in the young. Let's agree to disagree, this is getting boring.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's ether, and not at all, I just can't be bothered trying to decipher what your points are.

Leave me alone-no abuse-and I will leave you alone,eh?

Got it?Capiche?

(It's actually aether in the Classical Greek)

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be 71 this November. I still make constantly plans, like I always did in my life.   

I am now in Pattaya, 30 october I fly to Belgium for 2 months, take a return flight on 31 december, so New Year in the air. Don't know yet if I will come back to Pattaya or stay a few months in Thonglor, after Pattaya or Belgium.

Not afraid of dying, but afraid of the pain. In fact I am curious about death, something after or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, luckyluke said:

Will be 71 this November. I still make constantly plans, like I always did in my life.   

I am now in Pattaya, 30 october I fly to Belgium for 2 months, take a return flight on 31 december, so New Year in the air. Don't know yet if I will come back to Pattaya or stay a few months in Thonglor, after Pattaya or Belgium.

Not afraid of dying, but afraid of the pain. In fact I am curious about death, something after or not?

Don't get a DVT-not unusual in flying as it will ruin your entire day.

It has has happened to two friends of mine-curiously enough,one Belgian and one Dutch.

You are in good health until you ain't.You will know it when it happens to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You are in good health until you ain't.

Sure, but I never planned my life in function of what bad may happen, won't change now because of my age.

When it will occur, time to take the necessary decision one have to take at that very moment and according to the than circumstances.

This include the possibility of a " final decision ".

Just hoping I will physically be able to take the decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can relate to what the OP is talking about although I tend to not think about getting old but I constantly think about those who are dead such as parent's, uncle's, aunt's and cousin's and friends who I grew up near.

I'm younger than most here however I think i'm just about sitting on the sofa in the waiting room so when the lights come i'll just stand and walk toward. 

I think it's about been with the family from school onwards and remembering the funny times we shared. There's no dress rehearsal there's no stage show, it's just a journey from start to finish and it's real. :drunk:   

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1