U.S. House to launch Trump impeachment inquiry over Ukraine controversy

webfact

27 minutes ago, neeray said:

@elmrfudd, you're just so predictable. So much fun to predict your emoji reactions and read your odd comments.

Trump would be just as proud of you as you are of him.

but your opinions and reactions are somehow better, in your mind, because of what precisely?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You would think Biden would be happy to let this particular story go cold. After all he did leverage government loan guarantees to get the prosecutor, that was investigating Biden's son, fired. And then he bragged about it, How is this different from Complaints about Trump manipulating the system for personal benefit.

Difference is the Western countries wanted him fired due to inaction against corruption.

Not US alone, not due to investigation into a political rival, not secretly.

7 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

But would it not be interesting to be informed of how many millions were spent making sure they found nothing ?

Don't forget all the journalist that tried and probably still do. I saw a lot of ridiculous claims but nothing serious. He's not more corrupt than the previous presidents. Democrat should put their energy in winning the next election instead. Trying to fight Trump this way is pretty risky. It's almost like they or some peoples of influence want him to win again. 

30 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

But it will cause the corrupt Republicans supporting him to mark for posterity their cowardly stance...and consign them all to the dustbin of history. We will remove this traitor, one way or another....

Assuming you're an American--and if not, SHUT UP on this topic

I was once an idealist like you.  Reality is, POTUS isn't going anywhere until January 2021 unless he resigns

Country will not consign the corrupt / do nothing Republicans to a dustbin because most Republican voters will always vote Republican for life, come hell or high water.

The executive branch, the legislative branch is all bought and paid for by big corporations and the military industrial complex.  

Voting is a ruse, to make people think they have a "choice" yet that choice is always just 2 people.  Doesn't matter if they are Dems or GOP, because they only got the nomination through pandering to those with money and power (not from the common man and woman who believe their votes counted) 

4 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

but your opinions and reactions are somehow better, in your mind, because of what precisely?

I didn't state that my "opinions and reactions are somehow better". I was mainly commenting that as a "full patch" Trump supporter (you, not me), I have great fun guessing which emoji you will react with, on mine and other members comments. My score on this game is 100%. Geez, I might get bored soon.

A) apparently no one has read anything beyond what they saw on CNN or Yahoo news

B) If you read the entire Times article, at the very bottom which you failed to read because you only read headlines, is that there is no whistleblower. It’s a person who knows someone who knows someone and who didn’t even have direct knowledge of the conversation.
C) if you believe the politically biased repost by Thai Visa, who clearly hates Trump, and who does absolutely ZERO fact checking EVER before posting their anti-Trump news, then you are a bigger idiot than your posts actually let on.

Go back to punting and drinking Leo’s because being misinformed is the same as being an idiot. 

7 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Don't forget all the journalist that tried and probably still do. I saw a lot of ridiculous claims but nothing serious. He's not more corrupt than the previous presidents. Democrat should put their energy in winning the next election instead. Trying to fight Trump this way is pretty risky. It's almost like they or some peoples of influence want him to win again. 

He is no more corrupt? Please.

People of influence want him to win again? Please.

3 minutes ago, TxAPI said:

A) apparently no one has read anything beyond what they saw on CNN or Yahoo news

B) If you read the entire Times article, at the very bottom which you failed to read because you only read headlines, is that there is no whistleblower. It’s a person who knows someone who knows someone and who didn’t even have direct knowledge of the conversation.
C) if you believe the politically biased repost by Thai Visa, who clearly hates Trump, and who does absolutely ZERO fact checking EVER before posting their anti-Trump news, then you are a bigger idiot than your posts actually let on.

Go back to punting and drinking Leo’s because being misinformed is the same as being an idiot. 

Welcome to TVF. You're in great company.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Difference is the Western countries wanted him fired due to inaction against corruption.

Not US alone, not due to investigation into a political rival, not secretly.

But he wasn't inactive on corruption. He was going after Biden's son for corruption.

42 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Whistleblower reporter Trump’s calls to multiple foreign leaders.

S/He is now reportedly keen to give testimony to Congress.

Wouldn't matter, the legislative branch will not do anything with the Senate being a GOP majority.

If POTUS can be brought up on actual Felony charges in front of a Federal Grand Jury. 

Only way he could be removed from office AFAIK

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I gentle reminder.

The Whistleblower reporter Trump’s calls to multiple foreign leaders.

S/He is now reportedly keen to give testimony to Congress.

This is not just about Ukraine, there is much more to it and were about to find out how much more to it.

and you know all of this how precisely? being a man of science, there must be something to back up these claims.

12 minutes ago, TxAPI said:

and here is another tid bit of reality that will deflate the orange man bad TVF crew:

But there is a missing part of the story that the American public needs in order to assess what really happened: Giuliani’s contact with Zelensky adviser and attorney Andrei Yermak this summer was encouraged and facilitated by the U.S. State Department.

Giuliani didn’t initiate it. A senior U.S. diplomat contacted him in July and asked for permission to connect Yermak with him. 

Then, Giuliani met in early August with Yermak on neutral ground — in Spain — before reporting back to State everything that occurred at the meeting.

That debriefing occurred Aug. 11 by phone with two senior U.S. diplomats, one with responsibility for Ukraine and the other with responsibility for the European Union, according to electronic communications records I reviewed and interviews I conducted.

When asked on Friday, Giuliani confirmed to me that the State Department asked him to take the Yermak meeting and that he did, in fact, apprise U.S. officials every step of the way.

“I didn’t even know who he [Yermak] really was, but they vouched for him. They actually urged me to talk to him because they said he seemed like an honest broker,” Giuliani told me. “I reported back to them [the two State officials] what my conversations with Yermak were about. All of this was done at the request of the State Department.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/462422-missing-piece-to-the-ukraine-puzzle-state-departments-overture-to-rudy

HOOK, LINE AND SINKER

33 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

You would think Biden would be happy to let this particular story go cold. After all he did leverage government loan guarantees to get the prosecutor, that was investigating Biden's son, fired. And then he bragged about it, How is this different from Complaints about Trump manipulating the system for personal benefit.

HOw many times does it have to be pointed out that the investigator was not investigating Trump's son? In fact he pretty much wasn't investigating anyone of any note for corruption. Biden was only the messenger. And not the only one. The EU and the IMF were also calling for him to be fired.

14 minutes ago, TxAPI said:

Sure. That's why the Inspector General thought the allegation was urgent? Because the evidence was weak?  Give it up already.

4 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

and here is another tid bit of reality that will deflate the orange man bad TVF crew:

But there is a missing part of the story that the American public needs in order to assess what really happened: Giuliani’s contact with Zelensky adviser and attorney Andrei Yermak this summer was encouraged and facilitated by the U.S. State Department.

Giuliani didn’t initiate it. A senior U.S. diplomat contacted him in July and asked for permission to connect Yermak with him. 

Then, Giuliani met in early August with Yermak on neutral ground — in Spain — before reporting back to State everything that occurred at the meeting.

That debriefing occurred Aug. 11 by phone with two senior U.S. diplomats, one with responsibility for Ukraine and the other with responsibility for the European Union, according to electronic communications records I reviewed and interviews I conducted.

When asked on Friday, Giuliani confirmed to me that the State Department asked him to take the Yermak meeting and that he did, in fact, apprise U.S. officials every step of the way.

“I didn’t even know who he [Yermak] really was, but they vouched for him. They actually urged me to talk to him because they said he seemed like an honest broker,” Giuliani told me. “I reported back to them [the two State officials] what my conversations with Yermak were about. All of this was done at the request of the State Department.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/462422-missing-piece-to-the-ukraine-puzzle-state-departments-overture-to-rudy

HOOK, LINE AND SINKER

First off, this piece is from John Solomon, a journalist not noted for honesty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)

Even if you believe Solomon's dubious assertion that this was on the State Department's initiative, what business does the State Department have putting Trump's personal lawyer in contact with a foreign government?  

27 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

The Mueller Report lists crimes Trump is accused of, that are not indictable while he remains in office.

He will be indicted for those crimes when he leaves office. 

28 minutes ago, TxAPI said:

We’re all about to get informed.

It’s then we’ll put this ‘idiot’ claim of yours to the test. 

2 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

First off, this piece is from John Solomon, a journalist not noted for honesty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Solomon_(political_commentator)

Even if you believe Solomon's dubious assertion that this was on the State Department's initiative, what business does the State Department have putting Trump's personal lawyer in contact with a foreign government?  

nonsense, you continue to use the wapo/nyt with their obvious bias , then discount a person you do not agree with. sad, but not unexpected.

If the state dept asked for the meeting, then there your assertions are mute.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Mueller Report lists crimes Trump is accused of, that are not indictable while he remains in office.

He will be indicted for those crimes when he leaves office. 

no, he won't. but I guess if you need that hope to keep you going, so be it.

1 minute ago, elmrfudd said:

no, he won't. but I guess if you need that hope to keep you going, so be it.

True, whether or not he'll be indicted we'll all have to wait and see.

But you conveniently omitted reacting to the first part of the post.

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Great morning coffee break. First Trump and impeachment, second his mate Boris in UK just caught out by the high court on illegal moves.

Yeah I noticed, both around the same time.  Somebody should check Steve Bannon's horoscope.

3 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

nonsense, you continue to use the wapo/nyt with their obvious bias , then discount a person you do not agree with. sad, but not unexpected.

If the state dept asked for the meeting, then there your assertions are mute.

I discounted a person I disagree with who has a document history of omitting crucial facts and twisting things. I also pointed out that the State Dept. has no business using Trump's private attorney. If allegation were being made, there's something called the Dept. of Justice for handling that. Or is William Barr also working for the Deep State?

Archived