Thailand ‘on path to democracy’, says acting US envoy

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Bloody disgusting.

I despair.

To talk about Thailand's 'moving forward on the right road to democracy' - in view of all the manipulations, lies, deceits, trickery, thuggery, and despotism we have witnessed in recent months - is an insult to the intelligence of every man, woman and child in the entirety of the Thai nation.

People like this should be hissed out of their over-privileged offices and over-paid positions - and made to get a REAL job that actually benefits the people (like sweeping the streets or unblocking clogged-up klongs).

Disgusting P.O.S. - that is what this person is. I loathe highly-comfortable yet cowardly Westerners who give succour and support to oppressive, 'dinosaur' regimes.

This post is about Thailand or?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Although democracy is a complicated system, it is also the best political regime in the world,” Heath told reporters. “At present, Thailand is moving forward on the right path of democracy, and United States is happy to be the companion on this journey together.”

Not sure if his words are going to help anyone but the Thai elite.  The "right path" is full of road blocks presented by the so called democrats in Thailand.  It is far more sickening than hopeful. 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Although democracy is a complicated system, it is also the best political regime in the world,”

Really ? Like to see him explain that to the majority of people that voted leave in a democratic Brexit process only to be held ransom by the losers of the vote in the higher positions - which sounds more like Thailands version of democracy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chazar said:

Wouldnt it be great just for once if any politician had some  ball s to say its a sack of cack

The only useful part of  his job description is "acting"

This guy is not a politician, he is a long time employee of the State Department filling in until a politician can be appointed.  He has a line to toe or be punished.

The charge d’affairs is absolutely right. Thailand has been on some sort of a path to democracy since 1932. But it has never gotten very far and recently has been sliding rapidly backwards. In the long-term it may get there but in the long-term we are all dead.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The United States’ newly named charge d’affaires and acting ambassador has said he is “fully confident that Thai democracy will prosper”.

Obviously wants to remain in his position so will say anything not to rock the boat!

They are on the path, doing the two forward to one back method , they have had an election free and fair however the result was known before voting ended. Maybe in Utopiua it will be fine and when they get to be a HIGH Income society for 10% of the population not the 2% it currently is now.

Man will be living on the moon and we will see Pink Pigs flying , but NOT  this century . 

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand ‘on path to democracy’, says acting US envoy

The U.S and much of the world seem to be enamored that Democracy is the one and only form of effective government.  The reality is that Democracy is nothing more than tyranny of the masses and it causes politicians to pander to voters in order to receive votes.  Winston Churchill stated that the best case against a Democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.  Coming from the USA I can assure you that a huge number of voters have absolutely no clue about who they are voting for or why.  I am sure that most countries would be better off, if somehow there was a body of educated leaders who genuinely were interested in making their country better rather than the circus I see in most Western Democracies. Certainly Democracies turn into nothing but popularity and familiarity contests rather than a meaningful and thoughtful process that puts the best and brightest into office.  I don't know how such a process could work, but certainly allowing the masses of uneducated, uninformed, and illiterate to put leaders into power is not the panacea that the USA would have you believe.  

3695387_700b.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“At present, Thailand is moving forward on the right path of democracy,".....

Whoops! Doesn't he know that Thailand already has free and fair elections and is therefore indisputably a democratic nation? Will the PM now withdraw his invitation for Trump to visit Thailand as a protest against this uninformed villain who has suggested otherwise?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

The U.S and much of the world seem to be enamored that Democracy is the one and only form of effective government.  The reality is that Democracy is nothing more than tyranny of the masses and it causes politicians to pander to voters in order to receive votes.  Winston Churchill stated that the best case against a Democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.  Coming from the USA I can assure you that a huge number of voters have absolutely no clue about who they are voting for or why.  I am sure that most countries would be better off, if somehow there was a body of educated leaders who genuinely were interested in making their country better rather than the circus I see in most Western Democracies. Certainly Democracies turn into nothing but popularity and familiarity contests rather than a meaningful and thoughtful process that puts the best and brightest into office.  I don't know how such a process could work, but certainly allowing the masses of uneducated, uninformed, and illiterate to put leaders into power is not the panacea that the USA would have you believe.  

3695387_700b.jpg

All true. But then you have to rely on having a wise and fair dictator rather than what usually happens, Singapore seems to have got it right.