Britain set for December 12 election to break the Brexit deadlock

webfact

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Johnson's deal is a masked no deal Brexit. If he doesn't complete trade negotiations by the end of next year, it's WTO rules. What's the betting he won't complete?

It's a treaty, still bloody awful but they will be haggling for years. Certainly not one year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Oh dear I don't know where to start so I won't. Leavers he's one of yours - behold your ragged army. 

Not ours matey. This is the kind of class act that remainers idolize.

• Like 1

Brexit, the most reluctant divorce case in the history of the world.

C'mon, just kiss and make up.

My concern is Bojo will emigrate to the US and the will get elected president by the same [word of your choice here] that elected the current one.  He qualifies to some degree, as he was born in the US.

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Brexit, the most reluctant divorce case in the history of the world.

C'mon, just kiss and make up.

My concern is Bojo will emigrate to the US and the will get elected president by the same [word of your choice here] that elected the current one.  He qualifies to some degree, as he was born in the US.

He's renounced his US Citizenship so that's that. Thank God. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/08/boris-johnson-renounces-us-citizenship-record-2016-uk-foreign-secretary

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thanks for that.  On the other hand all Federal laws seem to be in contention these days, let's hope for the best. 

57 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, if you look into my record here on TVF, as you are new boy, you maybe surprised....????

Yes, you have many posts. But the poster you were reacting to is absolutely correct.

• Haha 1

If people who are pro remain vote tactically then the result of Johnsons gamble is a huge mistake.

On the other side of the coin if you are pro Brexit then there is little choice when it comes to tactical voting. The Brexit Company is not going to win anywhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/30/tactical-voting-could-deliver-remain-victory-in-election-study 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

Labour MP Jon Trickett has just concluded the first car-crash party election interview of the campaign on GMB. Susanna Reid & Co couldn't quite believe their ears...

I'll upload it later ????

Surprisingly GMB still haven't uploaded this video!

Boris withdrew the Brexit-bill. Previous vote on it is scrapped, no committee handling. All will restart after the new GE. That is, when the new MP:s have studied the WAB. (I believe)

HAHAHA. EU is great. Procrastination and mess for ever regarding related questions. Just pay their salaries. (And the second parliament in Strasbourg that the French refuse to let go which would save $100 million/year.)

• Thanks 1

After GE all the deal making is trashed.  Boris has stated he wants VAT reduced to 7%,corporation tax to be axed Now 4 eyes has stated the EU does not want a new Singapore established in the North sea,Merkel can see direct competition between Germany and UK being a feature,sure will be interesting and exciting times ahead

Corby and other losers now want 16 year old's to vote....????

Now that really is scraping the barrel cos you know you ain't got a chance...Amazing....Plus, Corby's promises, yesterday in the House, were also embarrassing...????

SNP's Blackford is also a complete embarrassment, but good for the other parties..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Blackford and the SNP have ratings your lot of Brexit fundamentalists can only dream of.

If last weeks performance during PMQs is anything to go by he'll be picking up his P45 on Dec 12th...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Blackford and the SNP have ratings your lot of Brexit fundamentalists can only dream of.

Sooo SNP desperate to get separation from the UK are not fundamentalist. ? while Brexiteers desperate to get separation from the EU are fundamentalist ? .... Hmmm not sure I see any difference than the names tbh. 

And BTW i think youll find the ratings of the SNP are quite a lot less given the population in Scotland and support is tiny compared to the rest of the UK and other parties.

Mind you in good old political tradition Salmond is turning out to be quite the slimy x leader so well done there. 

Dont get me wrong, id love Scotland to leave, just as id like the UK out of the EU, Ireland to reunify and England to have its independence too. Am I a nationalist or a fundamentalist ? :blink:

• Like 2