Pattaya Halloween: The only scary thing was the complete lack of tourists

rooster59

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

Was off the hook here in Bangkok. 

Perhaps pattaya is catering to a dying demographic. 

There you have it dying demographic, a while back read a good article of why Cook went bankrupt and it was a dying demographic. Those of us who liked to sit around the bar drinking beers all day and night are a dying bred being replaced with a younger traveler who wants to do stuff as opposed to having stuff done to them. Chiang Mai is actually running a good crowd of tourist some older folks in groups as well as young backpackers. Setting at my local drinks stand 4 got out of a songtaw with all there junk looked like just off the bus or train and there are more of the folks showing up every day

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Even if baht was weaker. Have you seen the prices?

Thailand is known as a cheap holiday destination . 290 baht for a plain T-shirt at the markets is hardly cheap even if baht was weaker but at the levels it’s at now its double the price to most western countries .

220 baht for a drink , 1500 bsht

bsrfines, 1000 baht for a steak. Just a bread roll is up to 25 baht

A night out with a female company can set you back 10000, easily. 

this is absolutely true. therefore i found a gf online in esaan and live with her in koh phangan . i just "take care" her by giving 10000 baht monthly. no barfine no ladydrinks no nightlife anymore.