Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is what happens when 4,000 residents in 1,280 houses say 'This is not my problem' instead to get together and find a working solution they''d rather sell out and let someone else deal with it...

This situation is another demonstation of the thai mentality. These house were built for foreigners. I should have known !

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

The problem here is that if everyone were to get together and fork out 100Bht (or whatever) a month to have the garbage collected, there would always be half a dozen who would refuse to contribute, thereby screwing up the entire system ???? Seen it before on a few developments !

Half a dozen? You are very very optimist

because you prove again thai people are unable to take 

responsability for their own acts, always blaming someone or

something else.

Is not my rubbish. Why I take resposabilty for that? 

Because I am thai? I never been to Pattaya. Maybe the people there take resposabilty better. Or not? 

Yinn is the human punch bag for TVF member for everything bad in thailand.

i not the government, I not the police, I can not control the thai people. Last week in Pattaya, the farang not pay his worker, the farang kick his wife brake the leg, sell the drug, steal the money. 

You able to take resposabilty for that? Or not?

Edited by Yinn

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

good morning Yinn,

I am 64 years old and for as long as I can remember in the City of Los Angeles, California, USA there has been trash pick up. One day a week as a kid I would put the trash bin out on the street the night before and in the morning the trash would be gone. As early as the late 70's we began recycling, with two different bins. Later the city began using a new type of truck that could pick the bin up with a robotic type arm.

My point is, in my lifetime, in my neighborhood there is no trash piled up. anywhere. ever.

not on street corners. not in empty lots. ZERO. 

Thailand on the other hand is a huge garage dump everywhere you look. And Thais are responsible for it.

Need to see LA now, trash epidemic...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Couldn't the residents join together, a few 100 Baht each, to solve the issue? Surely wouldn't be that difficult to find someone to remove the trash for cash. Where they eventually will deposit the garbage is another issue...

exactly ! complaining though is easier then pulling the wallet....

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As you did in another recent post, you fail to look past stage one. Perfectly normal behaviour with Thais, I'll grant you that. In civilised societies, collection of rubbish is organised by the local authority, not local people. They pay a small fee and the system works. Foreigners are not allowed by law to do any such work in Thailand as that is reserved solely for Thai people. So blaming us evil 'aliens', as your government likes to call us, is just plain wrong.

I also note that you write of the number of sex workers in Pattaya. They are all Thai, in case you hadn't noticed, and all but those working in a couple of tourist areas service Thai men. Some even service Thai women. As soon as foreigners descended on Thailand some 70 or 80 years ago, the already existing sex workers set their sight on those foreigners as they had money to burn, more than the Thai men they had been servicing, and the result is the sex business in Pattaya. Tens of thousands of Thais working in the sex trade. Must make you proud. As does the fact that you can find Thai sex workers all over the world, one of Thailand's biggest export successes.

Now I'll wait for you to reply that if it wasn't for aliens there would be no sex workers in Thailand.

Sorry Barry, I not expert on that topic.

But if you say, I believe you Barry. I sure you know about it everything.

but I read that also have Russia and Africa one.

bangkokbarry live in Issan right? How the rubbish your village?

Edited by Yinn
  • Sad 1

So, some area is very good, some area is bad.

i say that, everyone attack me for all the thailand problem. Other member say it, no problem. 

I think no memeber TVF born in Pattaya. They CHOOSE to live there. And then complain??? And think everywhere thailand same Pattaya!!!! 

They could

1) move somewhere

2) go and fix the problem. Clean it.

But easy to complain to Yinn. Is not my problem, is your problem. My place clean.

Yinn, you maybe have to learn a little about how to read and understand. I have not seen anyone attack  you for "all the Thailand problem" (Was this an admitt from you that Thailand have problems)? I do not thik that any farang believe all of Thailand is like Pattaya, I have not seen anyone mention that, exept you of course. You not live in Pattaya, but still you are sure that all the litter there it is not put there of Thais, how comes? In No. 1. and 2. What you actually say is, "if you not like the litter, do not complain or take it away". That is, sorry to say, a childish kind of thinking. In every municipaly (not rural), you pay for to get the litter away. If they not do it, who is to blame? And for your last sentence, "Is not my problem, is your problem". If it is not your problem why do you botheer by write about it? And for sure it is your problem, because Thailand is your country. To live somewhere in a country and believe that you can live in your bubble and not take any responsitivy for what happen in other parts of the country is just like before, shildish. You and I can think what ever we want about Pattaya, but the truth is that the place is a hub for money coming in to Thailand from abroad and by that build up Thailand for all thai people. Think again and do not blame others for your shortness. 
Edited by Parsve
corecting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Naamblar2014 said:

That would be Pattaya and jomtien beaches ????

Have you ever been to Dongtan beach recently? The new walkways and planting are really quite nice - no the beach and sea are not exactly the Maldives - there is no rubbish .

just another <deleted> post - from someone who never visits and most likely does not actually live in Thailand.

19 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

My dear Yinn

just in case you have forgotten what you have written in your first post on this topic

'' 

these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish

...Pattaya have a the most caucasians per km in Thailand. Or not? 

Why is it the dirtiest? ...''

So it'sseem impossible for you to blame and name the real responsibles

(The thai residents, the goverment, the local concil or whatever) and it seems much

more convenient to blame AGAIN the foreigners.

So now it's useless to try the victim roleplay

do you really think we are all as dumb as most of the thais?

Dear King. 

Sorry I not clear. Is true. Poor English.

When I say foreigners and not locals. 

“Not locals” = the new thai that go live here. I not mean “only foreigner”

The “traditional” “original”  owner of that area complain about that. All the new people go live there. 

Most the people live in Pattaya now is NOT original/traditional people (maybe this word no correct also)

I am wrong, I am sorry. Not clear.

But I still say. Pattaya is famous for dirty. Is famous a lot of foreigner live there.

(And non local Thai)

Community must together, all will be like this. This one area, but everywhere Pattaya so dirty. The other thred talk about that. 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

most Thai residents living in Pattaya come from other province in the country, many visit at the weekend and on holiday

I visit many none tourist towns cities all over Thailand and there is trash everywhere, they are dirty pigs and have no concept of what clean is, you want to see clean - go to the west or even Japan and you will see clean

Singapore is the cleanest place I have seen, much pride there.

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

But I still say. Pattaya is famous for dirty. Is famous a lot of foreigner live there.

(And non local Thai)

Community must together, all will be like this. This one area, but everywhere Pattaya so dirty. The other thred talk about that.

I do not realy understand what you mean. Non local Thai living in Pattaya? I am pretty sure you are wrong there. And what do you mean by that anyway. The only way to read what you write is that Pattaya local people are better than other. So where does that place you then? And yes Pattaya is very much a dirty place , but that is because the municipality not do there work. Youi not seem to understand that part. If it was not the municipalitys responsibility why should they have trucks collecting trach, even if they do it to seldom. Why should they have pipelines to take away water when flooding and so on. Sorry to say, but you absolutely no nothing about what you are talking about.

Edited by Parsve
mispelling

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I know the history of Thailand's sex industry because I've read so much about it.

Sure Barry.

I probably know more than Thais because Thais prefer to pretend it doesn't exist. The whole world knows of it.

I think every country have it Barry.

Ask many people overseas what comes to mind when Thailand is mentioned, and it's often ladyboys and prostitutes, in that order. I have a colleague who was forbidden by his wife from stopping off in Thailand when he was in transit from the UK to Australia, such is the country's reputation.

She not trust the husband. Husband reputation Barry.

My rubbish is collected every Tuesday morning, before 8. I usually have to add several items to the bin that I find laying on the road outside my house. Things like iced coffee cups, energy drink bottles, other drink containers, snack packets. When I first moved here I filled two very large sacks with the garbage I found beside the road outside my house.

Good job Barry. If every same you, the world very clean. Lucky my neighbor all same Barry.

There are no other foreigners in my locality so I can only assume they were thrown there by Thais. Never mind. I clean up after them.

Barry the good man.

if Pattaya have like you, not have the problem. 

Community.

6 hours ago, Fred white said:

How many of those 4000 are kids

Kids who emulate their parents behaviour, pass it down through the generations. Maybe, just maybe, a very faint maybe, these kids will be taught about the impact on the environment, and their surroundings. Taught to have some pride in where they live, and just maybe they can drive it home to the parents.....or am I dreaming....:ermm:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Refreshing to see the pride they have in their country is genuine! ????????

Then that goes for the local government. Could it be that the trash is not taken away in time? What can people do other than pile up? Yes, I know, where there is one bag of dirt, it won't be long before there is a large stack. Who's to blame here where there is an actual dump site.