Thai Airways cancels hiring of 200 flight attendants

snoop1130

10 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Oh dear; that's 200 Niece's, Sisters, Aunties and Mia Noi's who are got going to get on the gravy train, both they and their family's are going to be very disappointed !

Gravy Train? Hmm... have you read any news in the past about Thai Airlines?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Xonax said:

I guss that if they didn't have the application fee, every Somchai in the country would apply for the job. Having qualifications or not.

I just wonder why only 2700 gets the fee back, when there were 4000 who applied for the job.

According to the article, only 2700 paid the fee.

I imagine this has been discussed elsewhere in these pages, but Thailand one is only of only six countries out of almost 100 whose FAA airline safety rating is 2 (= FAIL). The others are Ghana, Bangladesh, Costa Rica, Malaysia (of course) and one other I can't remember off the top of my head.

• Haha 1

As I understand it, the fee covers some of the testing that’s required - some of which Thai uses outside entities to conduct.

As example, I recall that TG has a swimming abilities test - 50m for female applicants and 100m for male applicants, and I further recall that they use a pool of a nearby university for this process.

Clearly that alone won’t rise to a level of 1,200 or whatever it is, but I do suspect it is, either in whole or part, a way for Thai to defray some of their recruitment costs.

• Sad 1