Thai Airways cancels hiring of 200 flight attendants

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I guss that if they didn't have the application fee, every Somchai in the country would apply for the job. Having qualifications or not.

I just wonder why only 2700 gets the fee back, when there were 4000 who applied for the job.

Maybe only 2700 have paid the fee so far?

13 hours ago, tso310 said:

As I have posted on other Thai threads, the airline compared to other airlines like Singapore and EVA is about 40% over manned. This is just a drop in the ocean.

Well, that's just in line with over-staffed state agencies, over-staffed department stores, and in particular over-staffed executive floors in general.

I just wished the immigration counters at the airports were over-staffed. But they never are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

I guss that if they didn't have the application fee, every Somchai in the country would apply for the job. Having qualifications or not.

I just wonder why only 2700 gets the fee back, when there were 4000 who applied for the job.

The 'qualification' for Thai Airways jobs is not what you know but who you know !

Robot automation will 'take 800 million jobs by 2030' - report

Cant understand people who believe the world will just go on as it always has.  New millenia, new tech., new workforce.  Job seekers need to wake up to the 21st century, "the times they are a changin'" 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100

15 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

How generous of them, but why are they charging applicants to apply for a job in the first place?

Suppose they kept the money whether your application was successful or not. What a absolute bloody shower.

1 hour ago, Asquith Production said:

Standard procedure here if you want a job. My Thai son wanted a job during his break from University. They wanted him to work his first 2 weeks without wages.

My Thai wife's niece successfully applied for a job wich a Bangkok based Agro-Chemical company. She took tests and for her final interview was told to bring a parent with her. It was at this interview her parent(s) were told they would have to subsidize 50% of their daughter's first 2 years salary. If they they refused, she would not get the job. Fortunately they had the financial means to comply.

TIT

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

A shame these new 200 hosties jobs have been cancelled....and the old remain.

Thai will start to look like Qantas soon....grannies bought out of retirement!

And i thought it was only me that noticed about QANTAS trolly dollies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Oh dear; that's 200 Niece's, Sisters, Aunties and Mia Noi's who are got going to get on the gravy train, both they and their family's are going to be very disappointed !

You mean "people" who thought they would get a good job are disappointed?  Ummm , yes Captain Obvious ... I am sure they are having a bad day for sure.  And your point is?????  You may want to tuck it in .... your racism is showing.