Thai court disqualifies rising opposition party leader Thanathorn as MP

webfact

20 hours ago, robblok said:

IMHO 

an unfair ruling but almost to be expected. If the proof Thanathorn gave to the media was real (can never be sure) then its unfair and a bad ruling.

But they really wanted him gone so this is not unexpected.

I agree with you. And I'm afraid to see him in jail one day or he will be forced to leave the country instead. ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

IMHO 

an unfair ruling but almost to be expected. If the proof Thanathorn gave to the media was real (can never be sure) then its unfair and a bad ruling.

But they really wanted him gone so this is not unexpected.

You might say....kinda like stating the obvious.

• Like 2

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed

A post using vulgar has been removed. 

Some troll posts and replies were removed. 

Edited by metisdead

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Oh I don't think any of "our governments" are interested - they are under no illusions about how Thailand is run and regard it as a joke. The change, however it will be effected, will come from within the country. I continue to think it will happen. It may take a long time, but when the tipping point is eventually reached things will move rapidly.

And you can easily point to the USSR and Warsaw Pact countries by way of an example. From business as usual to collapse in what was it, six months?

Yet I just can't see what the catalyst would be for such a collapse in Thailand. Thaksin and the red shirts - smashed. A Very Important Event - Absolutely nothing happened. If you have any theories, I am all ears...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Another nail in the coffin of Thai democracy with a people not educated,bright or aware enough, nor with sufficient guts (like those in HK) to stop themselves sleepwalking into an ever tightening dictatorship.

They have already tried, but were gunned down like mad dogs by the fully armed military who even shot and killed a nurse in a temple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Rule by guns or rule by crooked rulings. It really doesn't matter to this crowd. RULE is the operative word here, the only word that counts.

I have been informed that there already is a military officer who is slowly gaining the strength and support to have yet another coup.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, seajae said:

not unexpected but definitely not a good judgement, if the facts as were stated were correct he was ok to do what he did, pressure has obviously been used here to get the required result and stop FF from taking over thai politics

Once upon a time in clean and green NZ they sacked the mine workers at Waihi, the government sacked the wharfies, then locked the workers out and brought in scab workers.

Then they arrested the locked out workers for sedition for crying that scab word out.

They sent a train to Waihi and filled it with the workers and ran them out of town, the police even shot one worker dead who had locked himself in his miners cottage.

A long, long time ago, so! a backward step being practiced today in LOS.

4 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

I have been informed that there already is a military officer who is slowly gaining the strength and support to have yet another coup.

Very unlikely now that YKW has two personal brigades.  The power elite approves of and supports the military and will never bring them to heel....unlike in the past.

16 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Once upon a time in clean and green NZ they sacked the mine workers at Waihi, the government sacked the wharfies, then locked the workers out and brought in scab workers.

Then they arrested the locked out workers for sedition for crying that scab word out.

They sent a train to Waihi and filled it with the workers and ran them out of town, the police even shot one worker dead who had locked himself in his miners cottage.

A long, long time ago, so! a backward step being practiced today in LOS.

And...? So what? Name me a modern country in the world that does not have a similar history. The UK army has killed dozens of peaceful protesters and it is estimated twenty thousand activists were killed in the USA before WW2.

10 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Even if that is true, he did good things for his people and Thailand, unlike the present mob and leader who only have consideration for his hi-so class and the military.

If you carefully read the post I was responding to, and my comment/response, you'll see I was being sarcastic.

Hint, the repeated "but, but" was used as something typical of the military apologists.

• Like 1