are all condos in pattaya build with paper walls?

parafareno

32 minutes ago, parafareno said:

yes listening to old fart farting or watching german tv makes me very excited

that's why I moved out. he does that all night, even in his sleep. he's a bit deaf. you'll also notice that he snores and shouts (what I believe to be) profanities in german.

enjoy my old/ your new neighbour.

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My condo must be the exception. The walls seem very thick and i hardly ever hear neighbour noise. If i ever try to drill into them i usually blunt my drills.

Chinese drills, happens with the paper walls too!

On 11/28/2019 at 5:34 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

View talay old or new are all well built compared to the newest $hitboxes currently sold.

Agreed, I've lived in two different View Talay buildings and they are built like tanks. Can hear a little bit from the hallway but not a sound thru walls or ceiling. Building is 15 yrs old (I think)

• Like 2

i rented a new clean condo in a modern building in Pattaya for one month. first time for me in a condo in Thailand.

first 10 days i thought it was great.

next ten days the honeymoon was over.

last ten days could not wait to get out.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 5:34 PM, gamesgplayemail said:

View talay old or new are all well built compared to the newest $hitboxes currently sold.

Well, I am at View Talay 6 right now, and I can hear TV, talking and all kind of noises from my neighbours. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CHdiver said:

Well, I am at View Talay 6 right now, and I can hear TV, talking and all kind of noises from my neighbours. 

Last time I was in one of the VT cells, the noise seemed to come from the corridor. Many make noise and like to leave their doors open. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/25/2019 at 7:19 AM, LennyW said:

Newer condos are generally <deleted> built, all about the profit never mind the quality!, best stick with some of the older ones.

Agree 100%  :thumbsup:

Currently living in a nearly 30 yo condo, well maintained, and I really enjoy to not hear at all my neighbours :smile:  (except the occasional slammed door ...)

Separation walls are rather thick, and so strong that it's even a problem when you need to drill a hole to fix something at them... :sad:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Agree 100%  :thumbsup:

Currently living in a nearly 30 yo condo, well maintained, and I really enjoy to not hear at all my neighbours :smile:  (except the occasional slammed door ...)

Separation walls are rather thick, and so strong that it's even a problem when you need to drill a hole to fix something at them... :sad:

which condo is that?

I have been in some that have concrete walls which frankly I like as the don't smell, probably won't degrade much with time, doesn't damage much if there are water leaks, are solid, more mass helps reduce noise, adds thermal mass which is good for heating and cooling moderation.  concrete is relatively cheap and I can see me making some modifications to my home in the USA.  Stick and wood and blue board and plaster I never rally liked, especially if thin.  Rare to find solid brick or real wood walls, except in some log cabin or custom built homes.

Trouble is you never know until after moving in. I am currently able to hear my neighbors speaking at normal volume, can hear every word they say. This is a 3 year old building. I think it's just down to the cheapness of the developer. Most of the older places I've visited or have friends in seem to be well sound insulated. 

• Haha 1

No! I heard some use cardboard! Buyers beware on any building in Thailand. Look good for a few months, then all the bad stuff starts showing up! They are definitely not worth the asking price! Why would anyone want to buy anything here? Can never make money on your investment with the baht changing every hour, mostly going down. Only rent, when things go bad you can move on.

• Haha 1