Greed main reason for people falling prey to Ponzi schemes: survey

webfact

I think we all want more of everything in life, money is just one aspect as it offers financial stability. At what point does that turn from need to greed ? Maybe it's the point that you have more than you need but then again how do you know ?

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Greed main reason for people falling prey to Ponzi schemes: survey

Genius !! simply genius ,who ever came pot with this brilliant deduction deserves a Nobel prize.

In the interest of full disclosure . I only read the title. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

Most Thai's must have never heard of the saying,

"If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is."

and some still don't seem to believe it even

when every week,it's reported that people have

lost everything ,by been sucked into another 

Ponzi scam.people blinded by greed.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sorry, kind of a dumb sorry.

Like saying most people eat because they are hungry.

Greed?  Geez, why else?

It gives academia a bad rap.  But maybe it was greed that prompted researchers to choose the obvious to satisfy research requirements 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

I will add also not being investment savvy and not consulting others before making the payment, people in general are trusting and somewhat naive, greed in my opinion is among the top 5 reasons but not the chief one... 

if you want something for basically nothing then I still think it’s probably greed. (Yes it’s naive also)

Edited by Harveyg

2 minutes ago, kohlenkutscher said:

Nobody tells this person that they should only invest what they understand. The scammers understand very well what they are doing. And almost all investors MUST know that every percent higher profit expectancy means a MULTIPLE in risk.

in efficient markets theories, yes, but all investors of course hope to find on of these information asymetry situations, and then throw out what they know about arbitrage.

so it's greed coupled with gullibility

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, madmitch said:

1197 befragte Personen. Waren diese alle Opfer eines Ponzi-Programms oder sind sie nur zufällige Mitglieder der Öffentlichkeit? Ich weiß es nicht, da dieses ziemlich wichtige Thema nicht enthalten ist.

Ich war das Opfer eines Ponzi-Programms, zusammen mit vielen anderen Expats auf der ganzen Welt. Es war keine Gier, da das Programm bescheidene Renditen bot, und es handelte sich auch nicht um eines der oben genannten Güter, da es auf Immobilien beruhte. Wir waren Opfer von Lügen und Täuschungen.

You lost because you do not understand the real estate business. Remember, if it were a good deal, the investment sellers would do it themselves

5 hours ago, Thainesss said:

I would say that deceptive liars trying to scam money out of people are the main reason for people falling prey so ponzi schemes.

I would say the lack of police and special investigation officers are the cause. My wife and her collegues also got scammed by another collegue's partner, for big money...the guy just disappeared but they found him, now there's nothing they can do legally.

Another collegue got a huge taxbill, he didn't make that much money so objected...they found out another Thai used his taxnumber but they couldn't do anything for him, nobody. They adviced him to speak to that guy (which he did while i sat the next table for his protection), the guy offered to pay his taxbill and case closed.