Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

webfact

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

So this topic was about Pattaya supposedly dead.

Here is a pic (from Internet) of Pattaya Beach Road last night :

1298358415_IMG_20191130_210332(1).jpg.d4

Dead? I don't think so... :cool:

It should be now December and January, February lets see if it slows down then into March

On 11/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, sapson said:

Totally shocked by this ban as above, it seems they are completely deluded, they have for years allowed the jet ski scam to prosper at great detriment to the tourist industry yet bar games are considered offensive.

I just watched a new jetski scam video on youtube, from july 2019....30.000 baht for a tiny scratch...

• Thanks 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

I only see one white guy in that photo.

The rest are Thais there for the fireworks.

You should have gone to specsavers.

I was there Friday night. Spent a fair bit in the bars later. Full of fat munters on their mobiles. Paid 85 baht for a small Leo in a beer bar and 130 for a Jack on the rocks (fake Jack). Ended up back on the Darkside. Leo 50-70 baht, mobile phones banned and farm fresh girls a plenty. Beer bars in Central Pattaya are their own worst enemy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

The acid test perhaps these days having accumulated massively high trip numbers is if you had a group of lads on their first trip apart from Go Gos where would you take them on their first night.

Memories of mine was the Best Friend complex with stunning girls absolutely screaming out (we were young as well then) maybe 15 girls a beer bar, 12 lovelies two average and a cashier. These days all but gone

Couldnt recommend Pattaya to anyone new these days sadly hence why I'm quitting with Vietnam and Philippines beckoning for better value. Pattaya is simply over.

My pal and I used the Best Friends complex when I first came to Pattaya in 1984. You are right there were some darlings there in those days. Pattaya was really just Beach Rd back then.

There were only 3 GGBs in the town then but there were plenty of honeys in the BBs. 100 BF + 300 - 500. Short time had not yet been invented.

The only set back was that we were only getting 32 baht to the UKP which was even worse than it is now (38 bant). It was just too expensive to consider returning which may soon prove to be the case again now 35 years later! OK thing were cheaper but our wages were a lot less.

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

So this topic was about Pattaya supposedly dead.

Here is a pic (from Internet) of Pattaya Beach Road last night :

1298358415_IMG_20191130_210332(1).jpg.d4

Dead? I don't think so... :cool:

Firework Festival. We'll see the real situation in the week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, potless said:

My girlfriend doesnt like being secured. I think I am using the wrong kind of rope. But seriously, the Pattaya "sexpat" stereotype image that some preach about has become onerous. I think that for many men, the companionship is more important than sex. The Lord said "go forth and multiply". Who are we to argue with Him.

And the Lord commanded "love one another". But the scriptures are sometimes allegorical -  clearly not meant to taken literally, and if you are 60 years or older - it's unwise to 'go forth and multiply'. Ain't nothing wrong with sex AND companionship - they are mutually exclusive.

PS - Religion on this site is probably not on matey !!

Keep it for the pulpit Father Potless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

PS - Religion on this site is probably not on matey !!

Keep it for the pulpit Father Potless.

Possibly the wrong thread. The "Do you believe in God and why" thread now numbers some 267 pages. My flock have fled to Walking street. Pulpit for sale.

Edited by potless
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, freethinker said:

Was there a couple of years ago for the last time. Went down WS to hit MIX and on the darker path between MC Donald's and MIx i started getting accosted by a ladyboy. I first told her off very politely (in Thai) but this just seemed to encourage the lady boy to follow me and start grabbing me. I got <deleted> and told the lady boy to stop following me and go away and then out of nowhere some white girl comes up to me and starts chastising me for talking to a ladyboy like that. I of course, told her to <deleted> off and went on my way but my night had already been ruined. I can deal with the ladyboys but i surely can't deal with white girls in Pattaya. 

The white girl was probably his pimp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, balo said:

Not true , look at the picture again, down left corner there is an Indian looking man, must be one of those (20 000 baht or ?)  spending tourists TAT are talking about. 

Yes correct the photo does also show an Indian person. He is walking in the direction of the Hilton Hotel so probably he is staying  there?

Maybe we just worry for nothing with all these high rollers in town.????

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:59 PM, metempsychotic said:

while the government have surely dropped the ball, people are travelling less for "smut" either way.

Wrong! There is less "smut" to travel for now.

Compared to the hey days of the 90s, the "smutty" side of Pattaya has become awful. No wonder mongers are not going to Pattaya any more. Probably just as much P4P going on but arranged in advance through the internet.

On 11/29/2019 at 6:20 PM, webfact said:

hotels won't lower their prices

Says it all. Greedy <deleted> doing their bit to keep people away.

The daily denial by the same names flying in the face of all the evidence to the contrary is making the stench of desperation overwhelming in these parts lately.

Sorry you were born white but there's nothing you can do about it.

10 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Why did they wait until high season to do major construction work all along beach road?

Hilariously inept, these clowns. I'd be furious if my income depended on their idiotic decisions.

The official reason is funds have been given by the central authorities for it 

and it has to be spend before the end of the year. So the Bankgok authorities are to blame here.

However in an advanced country the construction work along beach road 

(To dig a trench to bury a large storm drain PVC pipe) should take at worst some weeks.

I am still trying to understand why this relatively simple work takes more than 6 months

to do it here in thailand

On the other hand the wastewater treatment plant situated beetwen the end of beach road and the entry of walking street is still a work in progress since more than 10 years...

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 1:42 AM, Sydebolle said:

The writing was on the wall for years .............

The absolute skimming off by Thais, whatever, whenever from whoever - is one thing.

The official Thailand - in its nepotism - employing poorly-educated idiots who, after a minimum of 12 years of "school" still don't manage basics in mathematics, general knowledge and at least one foreign language fluently. Take taxis, the touts and all those tourist sites, the commission-driven tour guides and the general inability to even try to understand English. 

Thailand's finest ransacking tourists at random which, if the slightest chance arises, results in extorting money of South American character and proportions. 

The immigration with its countless traps and pit holes in having more visa types and respective interpretations being individually applied by the officer in charge.

• their website is mostly in Thai, the "download" (of forms) is dead like most of the rest of it. Individual websites of border provinces are mostly in Thai only, outdated and contradictory. 
  • endess queues, wasting hours at times, at DMK and BKK prove that the entire system is totally antiquated and outdated.
  • the finger-reading requires all TEN fingers; nobody ever clean-swipes those readers (except me with refreshment towels to avoid the left-over manure from the guy in front of me). 
  • the immigration with its absolute ridiculous avalanche of paper which nobody reads.

As an example; how many longer-term winter tourists would like to rent a car and roam neighbouring countries too?  
Actually Mission Impossible. First comes the immigration and countless visa types, stamps and contradictory rules; closely followed by other goverment agencies: 

• the most pristine example of idiocy is when you cross the border with your own car (TM stands for "immigration form").
    • TM2 (in duplicate) being an "information on conveyance" (a4-sized),
    • TM3 "passenger list" (a4-sized),  
    • TM4 "crew list" (a4-sized),
    • TM6 (arrival/departure card); officially abolished due to inability of storing them yet still mandatory

Vehicles need an "international travel permit", issued by the Department of Land Transport (Mondays to Fridays) with piles of photocopies of owner and vehicle, queues and ensure that you only sign with the cheap blue ball pen of the DLT; any other pen or colour = back to Square One! Ah, and this procedure is valid only for Laos!

Cambodian cars can enter Thailand, not so Thai cars into Cambodia - legally speaking. Burma/Myanmar is the same thing; no issue - strange enough - is Malaysia which might have to do with the more aggressive style of the Southerners.
On leaving Thailand with your Thai-plated and Thai-taxed vehicle, you sign a "temporary IMPORT form" in duplicate when EXPORTing your car and consent to a fine of B 1000/day if you stay out of Thailand for more than 30 days. 

Another relict from the stonehenge cave laws (a result of the Vietnam war in the seventies) is the TM30, to be adhered to and completed by the landlord. In most cases the Thai landlord refuses this and hence creates another hopeless cut-de-sac for the visitors. Some condominium owners place notifications "no rent to alien" as they could not be bothered with this procedure. 
Longer-term tourists who would like to spend the winter here (which takes more than 30 days) are almost unable to get a correct visa which would allow them to spend their money in Thailand.
The 90 days regulation, employing thousands of officers just to breathe down the aliens necks and make sure that they get the message = Khon Thai is in charge! 

• The Bank of Thailand, in its wisdom, officially declaring being unable to stem the "unexplainable"  appreciation of the Thai Baht.
  • The highway robbery import duties on food and drinks from outside Thailand (which some of the tourists would like to enjoy during their holidays but refrain so because of the outrageous pricing of i.e. cheese or wines).
  • The endless unjustified increase of pricing in Thai Baht without any justification (better product etc.) and point-blank cheating literally everywhere. Here the medical tourism springs to mind! 

Want to solve the problem, which is most likely far too late anyhow: 

• stop calling visitors "Khaek" (a degrading title for darker skinned, i.e. Southasians) or "alien" for anything non-Thai.
  • stop getting brainwashed by all those ridiculous government statements of 20, 30 and 40 million tourists - not the number but the spending per capita counts.
    • The latest government hat trick was to give Thais, visiting another province, a voucher for Baht 1'000 (i.e. taxpayer's money) to be spent in government-pre-assigned shops.
      Most went for cross-provincial (day) trips which now count as tourism. Factually Thais arranged mini-vans from Udon to Nong Khai so the Udonese could get the whatever-they-gave you in Nong Khai, while the Nong Khainese did the opposite in Udon! 
  • Teach the young generation English - by stopping sound-tracking alien cartoons on Boomerang and Cartoon Network which will ensure that each and every Thai child watching TV will be able to speak English and/or Japanese when it is ten years old. 

Be grateful for quality tourism; take an example how the Myanmarese or Balinese welcome and pamper their quality tourists; correct, polite and money-making. 

You ask me - Thailand's tourism industry is doomed. 

My closing comment would be that "while the tourism ship is sinking, the government band keeps on playing funny Thai tunes on the main deck!" 

Simply this. 

• Like 1