Survival camps cater to new fear: America's political unrest

webfact

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That was a long time ago. America was already divided, but Trump has masterfully used his powers, to stoke hatred, division, and discord. And he has definitely diminished America greatly. That will all be over once he is ousted in November. And the planet will breath a huge sigh of relief. I do believe there is a chance of significant anarchy in America's future. The middle class has been decimated, and the lower class is hurting in a major way. Homelessnes is exploding, as inflation is far more substantial than they want to admit, and housing is no longer affordable for many. The top 8% are loving it. And so are Trump's lobbyists and corporate cronies. He has never met a lobbyist he could say no to. Lock him up. 

The day before yesterday I was waiting for a tour bus, 2 white Americans were having a strong argument, one was obviously a Trump lover, the other guy the opposite.

The Trump lover was insisting that Trump dearly loves black and Latin Americans and has personally created millions of new good jobs for these communities in the last 2 years plus he has passed legslation to provide the same groups with very big increases in wages and salaries and millions of kids from these groups are enjoying cleaely much better education opportunities.

The second American was say 'total lies and bullshxx'.

First guy insisted that any disagreement with his summation if total fake news and inisting that the news services are all totally fake.

Second guy now tacked division in society, first guy now adamant that the clown has rebuilt the overall all inclusive happy society America enjoyed before the evil Obama.

wow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

A total crash of the global power/information grid could destroy civilization. Most of the worlds urban population will die. Try 6 hours without the internet.

What will be left are third worlders, rural folks and those "urban" folks who are prepared.

When I lived in Alaska, I alswys had a 4x4 with extra fuel, winch, jack, rifle, ammo, pistol, food, stove, rope, tarps, water pump etc merely for the purpose of suriving after a major quake in the dead of winter. Thats not sad, its just like having the right tool for the job. Or having an emergency plan for your family.

Nowadays, Im too fat and old and take meds so if civilization collapses, Im probably a goner. But we still have a rural place, 4x4 and the rest. Maybe my genes will carry on.

Sometimes the media makes a normal planning event in a familys life

did you wear 2  pairs of underpants as  well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I do believe there is a chance of significant anarchy in America's future.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Anarchy.

"Anarchism as a political philosophy advocates self-governed societies based on voluntary institutions. These are often described as stateless societies"

Anarchy - Wikipedia

Chaos is what you need to be afraid of.

Chaos | Definition of Chaos at Dictionary.com

Very afraid.

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

The day before yesterday I was waiting for a tour bus, 2 white Americans were having a strong argument, one was obviously a Trump lover, the other guy the opposite.

The Trump lover was insisting that Trump dearly loves black and Latin Americans and has personally created millions of new good jobs for these communities in the last 2 years plus he has passed legslation to provide the same groups with very big increases in wages and salaries and millions of kids from these groups are enjoying cleaely much better education opportunities.

The second American was say 'total lies and bullshxx'.

First guy insisted that any disagreement with his summation if total fake news and inisting that the news services are all totally fake.

Second guy now tacked division in society, first guy now adamant that the clown has rebuilt the overall all inclusive happy society America enjoyed before the evil Obama.

wow...

How convenient. Is this where I make something up about something I overheard?

Edited by mogandave
Added text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

That's because, in their hearts, they want to live in the US, have sex with blue-eyed blondes, and have a snazzy car.  Maybe even get to be on a tv reality show.

It's because they are really being run by the FBI,CIA and NSA, who only want just enough "terror" to keep the population aquiescent, without throwing a spanner (wrench) into the machinery.

image.png.80dda482f8fadd98e4008f45d34efb42.png

The Day Shall Come - Wikipedia

Edited by Enoon
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

did you wear 2  pairs of underpants as  well?

Actually Russian long underwear. We could buy Soviet cold weather gear for pennies on the dollar. Put it in a duffle in the truck.

I think the army's rule up there was be able to survive for a week without infrastructure.

See what it feels like to you when the power goes out at -20

36 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Anarchy.

"Anarchism as a political philosophy advocates self-governed societies based on voluntary institutions. These are often described as stateless societies"

Anarchy - Wikipedia

Chaos is what you need to be afraid of.

Chaos | Definition of Chaos at Dictionary.com

Very afraid.

Frankly, I would love to see major civil disobedience. I think it is exactly what is needed, at this point in time. Society putting it's foot down, and saying enough!

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

More likely is asteroid strike, solar flare, disruption of food or power distribution, civil unrest, pandemic.

Aint that "the truth"! but the MSM doesn't do "the truth" doesn't sell!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Frankly, I would love to see major civil disobedience. I think it is exactly what is needed, at this point in time. Society putting it's foot down, and saying enough!

What kind of civil disobedience? 

What would be the objective? 

And here was me thinking that America was the bastion of democracy, where a president was voted into office because he said the things that the majority wanted to hear, and everyone tolerated the choice candidate until the next election ! What has gone wrong with the American public ? Completely selfish to the N,th degree, my way or no way ???? Never in history have I witnessed such gross intolerance and disgusting treatment piled onto an elected official. Why not just wait for the democratic interval and vote for someone you think better suited or more capable ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I'll see your -20 and raise you +45 C in the Australian outback. Cooling down is a lot more difficult than warming up. You can pile on more clothes when it's cold. When you are down to your skin, there's nowhere else to go.

But I forgot - you don't think the world is warming up. It was hotter in Anchorage in 1902, right?

BTW, I have every confidence your genes will continue, given your previous posts on the merits of dumpsters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The middle class has been decimated, and the lower class is hurting in a major way. Homelessness is exploding, as inflation is far more substantial than they want to admit, and housing is no longer affordable for many. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/09/06/the-american-middle-class-is-stable-in-size-but-losing-ground-financially-to-upper-income-families/

FT_18.09.05_Middle-Income_2.png

https://www.businessinsider.com/homeless-population-usa-states-2018-11

The homeless population in the United States went down 14.4% from 2007 to 2017

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/03/raw-data-the-us-inflation-rate-is-currently-1-5/

Raw Data: The US Inflation Rate Is Currently 1.5%

blog_inflation_january_20191.gif

https://www.attomdata.com/news/market-trends/home-sales-prices/q3-2018-home-affordability-report/

Q3 2018 U.S. Home Affordability Report, which shows that the U.S. home prices in the third quarter were at the least affordable level since Q3 2008 — a 10-year low....

Nationwide an average wage earner would need to spend 37.0 percent of his or her income to buy a median-priced home in Q3 2018, above the historic average of 34.1 percent.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/

The United States performs very well in many measures of well-being relative to most other countries in the Better Life Index. The United States ranks at the top in housing . and ranks above the average in income and wealth, health status, jobs and earnings, education and skills, personal security, subjective well-being, environmental quality, social connections, and civic engagement.

Given all that..

“The reports of my needing to retreat underground are greatly exaggerated.” ~~ Mark USA Twain

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'll see your -20 and raise you +45 C in the Australian outback. Cooling down is a lot more difficult than warming up. You can pile on more clothes when it's cold. When you are down to your skin, there's nowhere else to go.

But I forgot - you don't think the world is warming up. It was hotter in Anchorage in 1902, right?

BTW, I have every confidence your genes will continue, given your previous posts on the merits of dumpsters.

You're actually wrong.

A warmer climate will increase the livable areas of the world and increase food production in the world.

Canada, Alaska and the Russian Steppes are fairly large.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You're actually wrong.

A warmer climate will increase the livable areas of the world and increase food production in the world.

Canada, Alaska and the Russian Steppes are fairly large.

Australian farmers are far from happy campers now. Win some, lose some.

True, those areas are large. However, they also contain vast quantities of methane clathrates which would start decomposing with a retreat of permafrost. Methane is 100 times more effective than carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas contributor.

Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaicurious said:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/09/06/the-american-middle-class-is-stable-in-size-but-losing-ground-financially-to-upper-income-families/

FT_18.09.05_Middle-Income_2.png

https://www.businessinsider.com/homeless-population-usa-states-2018-11

The homeless population in the United States went down 14.4% from 2007 to 2017

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/03/raw-data-the-us-inflation-rate-is-currently-1-5/

Raw Data: The US Inflation Rate Is Currently 1.5%

blog_inflation_january_20191.gif

https://www.attomdata.com/news/market-trends/home-sales-prices/q3-2018-home-affordability-report/

Q3 2018 U.S. Home Affordability Report, which shows that the U.S. home prices in the third quarter were at the least affordable level since Q3 2008 — a 10-year low....

Nationwide an average wage earner would need to spend 37.0 percent of his or her income to buy a median-priced home in Q3 2018, above the historic average of 34.1 percent.

http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/countries/united-states/

The United States performs very well in many measures of well-being relative to most other countries in the Better Life Index. The United States ranks at the top in housing . and ranks above the average in income and wealth, health status, jobs and earnings, education and skills, personal security, subjective well-being, environmental quality, social connections, and civic engagement.

Given all that..

“The reports of my needing to retreat underground are greatly exaggerated.” ~~ Mark USA Twain

A whole lot of nonsense. Prices are astonishing high in the US. Housing is tragically high. Don't believe govt. numbers. 

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually Russian long underwear. We could buy Soviet cold weather gear for pennies on the dollar. Put it in a duffle in the truck.

I think the army's rule up there was be able to survive for a week without infrastructure.

Don't wear Russian underwear...chernobyl fall out!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redline said:

Looks like a money making scheme.  Three months of food?  If anything happens, it likely will be more than three months, and then they will be fighting each other 

Most people wouldn't last two weeks if the shops ran out.

Three months food would help you outlast most of the population.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

ill raise your 45 degree this year with 46 degree 1939

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/Australia/SA/Adelaide/extreme-annual-adelaide-high-temperature.php

there was no station in alaska until very recently so no comment on that, it may have gone either way

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A whole lot of nonsense. Prices are astonishing high in the US. Housing is tragically high. Don't believe govt. numbers. 

Housing in some places, in a lot of places it’s quite affordable. 

Some things ate expensive, bug a lot of things aren’t.