Pattaya: Pitiful old man at the police station will be "repatriated to Britain"

webfact

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I returned to the UK in June last year. Returned to Worcester rather than my home town Hereford. My GP surgery in Hereford (hadn't been there for about 10 years) said I'd have to register with a GP in Worcester (gave them the details of my old surgery in Hereford). Found a surgery in Worcester, registered, no questions, no problems.

I also gave the Worcester surgery the details of Bumrungrad Hospital so they could get my records re: a heart condition.

Subsequently got my yearly prescription and a check-up on my elbow at the hospital.

Just sayin', for anyone thinking of doing the same thing.

Were you asked if you'd been living in Thailand? The fellow I mentioned said nothing as he's a bit clued up in that department.

But another fellow I know has gone back to the UK for medical reasons. He is staying with a daughter. He's a bit of a dope and he told 'em he'd been in the LOS for 6 years and they informed him he'll have to pay for his treatment. If I hear any more I'll let you all know.

20 minutes ago, faraday said:

Please supply evidence that supports this claim.

Go to Lambeth or Southwark in London.

Visit any of their housing offices and see for yourself.

Failing that please supply evidence yourself that said housing offices are not run by Africans.

Edit.

I'll tell you what, we'll have a 100 quid bet. I'll come with you and we can count 'em. If I'm wrong I give you the money, if I'm wrong you're 100 quid better off. But if I'm right you give me a 100 quid.

I'm not a gambler but I used to work in these places and it's a lot worse now. However I'm not one to turn my nose up at easy money.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, Andrew65 said:

Maybe some Thai people were helping him spend it?

I had an old Brit friend (70'ish years old) who hanged his self in Khon Kaen some years ago, I suspected that he'd been bled dry financially by his Thai family.

And who is to blame? ... Your friend or his Thai family. Learn to look after your money when you are old because that is your star attraction at old age. Without money you are not so good looking anymore. That applies to anywhere in the world not just Thailand.

I also know of a story of an old French guy got lucky, married a pretty 20 years old village girl and had three little boys, living in a rented land. He died without any plan for them. She had no idea about his pension. They now live in absolute poverty. If it is your happiness to have a family with children when you are old, then have a plan for them because for sure you are going to die at some point.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoComment said:

Congratulations to Pattaya Police.

These are the times that they should be appreciated and thanked.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, darksidedog said:

To really understand what was going on here, a lot more information would be helpful. I suspect the cops have decided to "help" out of being shamed rather than from a sense of pity.

On 12/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, colinneil said:

ISNT IT PATHETIC, that after Pattaya plod were shamed on social media, they are suddenly going out of their way to help the man.

Shame on you sad individuals, ohh look at me helping the poor old man.

This is not the police having second thoughts about helping him, it's the Pattaya City Law Enforcement tessakit.  They're not the police, yogi100.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A true story that happened to me not to long ago .

Some acquaintances of mine wanted to apply for housing benefit , but their spoken English wasnt too good .

I went to my local council housing office and asked about applying for housing benefit , the non white council worker behind the screen gave me a telephone number to call .

I spent two days calling that number and no one replied .

Two days later I went back to the council offices and my acquaintances waited outside .

I once again went up to the lady behind the screen and enquired about hosing benefit  , she just shook her head and gave me the number to call again .

I told her that I needed to go to work and wasnt able to spend hours waiting for my call to be answered .

She asked my that if I am working, why am I applying for housing benefit 

I told her that I was inquiring/applying on behalf of someone else who couldnt speak English too good .

Her attitude completely changed , she asked where the other people were .

I told her that they were standing outside .

She told me to call them in, which I did and their housing benefit application form were given to them, filled out and approved within  the hour

I was unable to apply for housing benefit , my non English speaking friends had their application pushed through immediately 

And they wondered why people voted leave.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

"This is what happens when you get to 80"  Bloody rubbish, i am 84 and nothing like him but then i was in the Royal Navy aged 15 and they taught me how to look after myself in more ways than one. I wash and iron my shirts, cook my own tucker and clean my own bungalow, so please think again!

My 90 year old mother walks a mile each day, travels widely, still drives and leads a full and active life. She has an equally spry and fit male admirer who is around 95. And has friends over 100 of whom the same can be said.

People age differently. This poor fellow is obviously not well and would certainly have some specific disease(s), he is not in that wheelchair with wasted looking limbs just because of his age (which is actually 75 per poster who met him).

• Like 2

I am not British, but helping out Brits and others in similar situations been in touch with British and US embassies few times over the years. With both of them only positive experience. Even on weekends called back by British staff or consul almost immediately. US embassy showed great gratitude for helping out one of their citizens during his last weeks. Probably helps to be polite, organized... Demanding or complaining isn't a favorite way to get help. MS>

14 hours ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Brother you are 100% correct,never in my life did I ever hear of someone overdose on the plant of peace.Today on Tv it states Kratom has been removed from the narcotics list,never ever tried it so cannot comment,but just hope the plant that even to look at,looks at peace with itself, quickly follows suit.

"The plant of Peace", What does that mean, where does that 'defiition' come from?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, faraday said:

I can well believe that Sanemax. Social Services in the UK, seem to 'bend over backwards' to help people from ethnic minorities, but make others wait years, to get accommodation.

I'm surprised that you did not ask him to 'supply evidence that supports this claim' like you did earlier.

9 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I returned to the UK in June last year. Returned to Worcester rather than my home town Hereford. My GP surgery in Hereford (hadn't been there for about 10 years) said I'd have to register with a GP in Worcester (gave them the details of my old surgery in Hereford). Found a surgery in Worcester, registered, no questions, no problems.

I also gave the Worcester surgery the details of Bumrungrad Hospital so they could get my records re: a heart condition.

Subsequently got my yearly prescription and a check-up on my elbow at the hospital.

Just sayin', for anyone thinking of doing the same thing.

I arrived in the UK 20th December after about 5 months away. 

I had been removed from the UK doctors list.

My brother had said that I was overseas. 

Return unknown. 

So they took me off. 

All fixed now.

But looks like a tightening up of the system. 

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

I arrived in the UK 20th December after about 5 months away. 

I had been removed from the UK doctors list.

My brother had said that I was overseas. 

Return unknown. 

So they took me off. 

All fixed now.

But looks like a tightening up of the system. 

I arrived back in the UK after nine years away , just went into my local G.P and registered , just had to show them proof of address 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Lambeth & Southwark for a start.

Have a little bet with me if you doubt my word. Make it a thousand quid. I assume you're a white native Briton, we'll over look the WWC bit.

Go to London, tell the authorities you have nowhere to live and apply for council accommodation and see what happens. I'll loan you a voice recorder. Bring the money with you, I'll get mine from the bank the day before.

You want to stay away from those laxley-lennon nonsense ramblings, they're warping 

your mind!!

No one will be given council accommodation in London if they just rock up and say

they're homeless, but if you can prove that the reason given is that you're white and

English then I will apologise here.

What does WWC mean? If, as I suspect it means white working class, it was thatcher

who ultimately denied these people council houses, not immigrants of colour.

I worked all my life in warehouse Jobs, working bars on the weekends and evenings to

pay my mortgage (and the one for my ex-wife and our children). Nothing was handed to

me on a plate, get over your self entitlement and ridiculous prejudices.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yogi100 said:

But another fellow I know has gone back to the UK for medical reasons. He is staying with a daughter. He's a bit of a dope and he told 'em he'd been in the LOS for 6 years and they informed him he'll have to pay for his treatment. If I hear any more I'll let you all know.

If he can prove he is moving back to live in the UK permanently he can qualify for free NHS, Individuals who are not ordinarily resident are required to pay. So someone who just turns up 'for medical reasons' hoping to get treated and be on his way back to Thailand, yes another matter. I believe there are many living most of their time in Thailand who maintain a UK address and all the benefits. Even claiming heating allowance when sunning it up in Thailand, and I met some young person on a fishing trip who was on benefits.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:34 PM, Andrew65 said:

Well done to the cops, whatever we think of them, they probably do some good things

He was there three or four days; naked; in soiled clothes!  Only after a public out cry was there any police action.  Don't ever accuse Thai cops of having a social conscience.

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, from the home of CC said:

according to the what the wife read online this was a self induced issue with the drug alcohol involved..

It would be interesting too know how much the british embassy did too help.i know there not the social  services but a bit of pity for this poor bloke wouldn.t go amiss.it.s to be hoped this is a wake up for some elderly ppl here with no money or insurance this is  NOT the uk 

Lets hope this is  wake up call for elderly ppl here with no money or insurance this is NOT the uk .take your head oit of the sand and get back home instead of been an embarrassment too this country.no social system here for falangs.do feel sorry for poor bloke but would like to know how much british embassy did too help the poor sod

9 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

It would be interesting too know how much the british embassy did too help.i know there not the social  services but a bit of pity for this poor bloke wouldn.t go amiss.it.s to be hoped this is a wake up for some elderly ppl here with no money or insurance this is  NOT the uk 

Don,t think the British embassy will help or feel any pity

Edited by kingdong

16 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Were you asked if you'd been living in Thailand? The fellow I mentioned said nothing as he's a bit clued up in that department.

No, no questions asked.

Apparently the rule is that you have to have been living back in the UK for at least 3 months. I think I had been back almost that amount of time, but as I say, no questions were asked.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

No, no questions asked.

Apparently the rule is that you have to have been living back in the UK for at least 3 months. I think I had been back almost that amount of time, but as I say, no questions were asked.

Yes following on from your earlier response to mine (apologies for not responding at the time) this is a very grey area......"Technically" if you leave the UK for 90 days for any reason (extended holiday etc) there is a requalifying period that can leave you open to having to pay for treatment.

Now in the era of "online patient access" which I would hope every Brit is signed up to (they're not lol only around 5% are) you can liase online inotherwards keeping yourself "active" as regards your GP......Whilst I havent ever been out of UK for 90 days in one stint if I was intending to do so I would be using that online source to keep in contact.

Even if I was dropping anchor in Thailand say 11 months of the year I would still not burn my bridges with my own GP....Its madness to do so

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, ukrules said:

Relevant here :

It appears that British pensions are a bit delayed. As a pensioner he would surely have received his state pension by now unless it's late.

I wonder if this explains why he had no money and was dumped at the police station by his loving and caring friends.

Mine was Due 26th, received 24th, all gone by 27th.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:02 PM, TexasFlyer said:

Where I come from they’d first give him a room with three hot squares/day then sign him up for every free benefit program available (including his wife, children and grandchildren and relatives) then give him a loan to buy a house. Not to mention paying little or no tax on income. 

Very soon he and his relatives would not only have a better cable package than you but they’d be living above the level of the average citizen. 

I’m sure you can guess where I’m from!

Come one, come all to the tit of the world!

Well you cant be from the UK, because you would have been given a suite in a hotel not just a room.