Humorous Signs, Pics, Vids etc (2020)

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, nausea said:

Please enlighten me. It's not to do with the plastic bag is it? If it is then it's a bit of a contortion to say the least, to find this humorous

The sign above the Pattaya exchange booth reads $exchange (sexchange).

$20.20 is the year.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, farang51 said:

It's in Patong. I didn't need time to see it, but I guess most of the people there wondered why I took a photo of an exchange booth.

Same same this tuk-tuk driver that wondered why I took a photo of an office building:

acme.jpg.bba26f1440d99108e4194a68ed5ed7f5.jpg

If you don't see anything special, you have probably never tried to catch a roadrunner.

Yeah, I get that one. Not exactly fall on the floor laughing stuff is it?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

It's worth a few chuckles because of the irony involved in the meaning of the name Acme .   

The word acme is derived from Greek (ακμή; English transliteration: akmē) meaning the peak, zenith or prime,[1] yet products from the fictional Road Runner cartoon Acme Corporation are often generic, failure-prone, or explosive.

The company name ACME in the photo is  probably an inside joke for the people who work there.

15 hours ago, nausea said:

Perhaps not; however, it is original content, not just photos found somewhere on the internet.

P.S. Did you guys notice the coyote (wolf) above ACME? I didn't see that until now. I think it is two different companies in the building.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:44 PM, farang51 said:

It's in Patong. I didn't need time to see it, but I guess most of the people there wondered why I took a photo of an exchange booth.

Same same this tuk-tuk driver that wondered why I took a photo of an office building:

acme.jpg.bba26f1440d99108e4194a68ed5ed7f5.jpg

If you don't see anything special, you have probably never tried to catch a roadrunner.

Or Roger Rabbit, as he had the testament of mr. Acme himself who was killed by an Toon.

A punch coming out of an wooden hammer, some of the Acme things that never gets old ????

For one who still wonders     'Acme?'

• 2 weeks later...

'Murica gets bashed all the time, but there's some real good people there.  They treat there dogs right an all that...

40 some years ago, an old Thai farmer told his dog to take a fresh coconut hull over to the compost pile in the banana grove, and it did!  Then he showed me how to put a chicken to sleep.  Amazing Thailand.  I showed him how I could shinny up a tall coconut tree and twist one off, and descend down covered in black ants. He showed me a long bamboo pole with a hook he used to get the coconuts.  I lost, but it was funny.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, faraday said:

Can you come to my house now please & batch process about 20 of 'em?

How do you put a Chicken to sleep though?

He would pick up the chicken and hold the wings down.  He would rock it and bounce a bit and when it was calm, he'd tuck it's head under one wing and continue gently rocking it. Speaking Isaan Lao dialect to it with a mouth full of betel nut no doubt helped.  

I learned a lot of language from that old guy.  Eee, Ung, Uhhh, Hoi, Waa and so forth. I had a lot of respect for him and he liked me, I think. I helped him with his blacksmithing work.  He made excellent knives. 

• Thanks 1