Huge crowds in Iran for commander's funeral, daughter warns U.S. of 'dark day'

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, legend49 said:

And you believe what the MSM writes, LOL.

My references were from a ME expert, military news site, and an Israeli news org. No MSM! So you solved the MSM problem another way, by not reading! lol

• Like 1

Well, I a bit out of touch with the politics here so I won't comment on who did what, when and how. What concerns me is that here we are planning trips and possibly building colonies on nearby planets. Maybe we should think of turning them into battlefields instead and start the way we intend to end up...fighting.

• Like 1

Hey Kuwait are you ready for a nice new big US Airbase??

Maybe the US should leave Iraq and let them all fight it out until the dust settles again.

I am sure that the ISIL group and a few tribal leaders would love that to happen.

Oh did everyone forget the terrorist group??

Geezer

20 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Well, I a bit out of touch with the politics here so I won't comment on who did what, when and how. What concerns me is that here we are planning trips and possibly building colonies on nearby planets. Maybe we should think of turning them into battlefields instead and start the way we intend to end up...fighting.

islam.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, klikster said:

Call me crazy, but IMHO, Trump's "knee jerk" reaction will likely cost thousands of innocent lives. I'll bet he figured that wartime presidents are more likely to stay in office.

Imagine the horrendous price that may be extracted for such a stupid tactic/scheme.

Kneejerk reaction?????  All he did was authorize the  termination of a terrorist enemy of the west, who had been on the hit list for 10+years. His response to iranian threats, is in the language they understand. He is getting good advice from  his security & defense experts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The most interesting part is Iran’s biggest backer Russia has not said much at all and I do not think even condemned the attack.

perhaps the thank you phone call from Putin to Trump few days prior to strike was not only to thank for the tip off .

Soleimani did upset Putin a few times In Syria , perhaps this strike was in agreement with Russians 

12 minutes ago, gaikhao said:

Kneejerk reaction?????  All he did was authorize the  termination of a terrorist enemy of the west, who had been on the hit list for 10+years. His response to iranian threats, is in the language they understand. He is getting good advice from  his security & defense experts.

No, he assasinated a foreign army general, the iran govt is not a terrorist organisation. 

The guy was not on the hit list at all. He was also helping fight isis. Isis are happy he is gone. Other presidents had the opportunity to take him out before but the same security and defence officials you comment on said it was a bad option.

Is the good advice he got from the same security and defence officials he has spent the last year saying they are the deep state and cannot be trusted and accepts putins word over theirs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched some of the funeral process on Al Jazeera.  Thousands of Muslims attending a funeral of a person responsible for death and destruction? Thought all religions were about peacemaking and brotherhood and humanity?  Why would religious people honor a war monger?  Christians do the same of course

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BestB said:

The most interesting part is Iran’s biggest backer Russia has not said much at all and I do not think even condemned the attack.

perhaps the thank you phone call from Putin to Trump few days prior to strike was not only to thank for the tip off .

Soleimani did upset Putin a few times In Syria , perhaps this strike was in agreement with Russians 

Just listened to Nikki Haley talk. She pointed out that neither Russia, China, nor any of the other ME countries are saying anything. The only ones protesting are the Iran regime and the US Democratic party, she said.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Just listened to Nikki Haley talk. She pointed out that neither Russia, China, nor any of the other ME countries are saying anything. The only ones protesting are the Iran regime and the US Democratic party, she said.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesrodgerseurope/2020/01/04/russia-condemns-killing-of-irans-soleimani-watches-oil-price/#5c4d438c5445

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rabas said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/france-russia-and-china-condemn-slaying-of-soleimani-as-a-destabilizing-act/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Definitely much much bigger than Trump’s inauguration crowd. Enough reason for Trump to get into a jealousy fit to launch the air strikes. This man is not a normal thinking person. 

Trumps inauguration crowd were there voluntarily...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

No, he assasinated a foreign army general, the iran govt is not a terrorist organisation. 

The guy was not on the hit list at all. He was also helping fight isis. Isis are happy he is gone. Other presidents had the opportunity to take him out before but the same security and defence officials you comment on said it was a bad option.

No. The Iran QUDS and Soleimani are (were) terrorists. And Soleimani was even banned from leaving Iran by the UN Security Council.

Also under 2231, which was adopted unanimously and passed under Chapter VII (i.e. with the powers of enforcement) of the U.N. Charter, the Council banned Soleimani from any travel outside of Iran.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2020/01/03/around-the-halls-experts-react-to-the-killing-of-iranian-commander-qassem-soleimani/

In paragraph 14 of his December report, Guterres (sec Gen UN) noted the following: “Information from Iraqi media outlets suggests that Major General Soleimani has undertaken travel inconsistent with the travel ban provisions of the resolution. I call upon all Member States to diligently implement the restrictive measures imposed on the individuals and entities on the list maintained pursuant to resolution 2231.”

So Trump diligently implemented the restrictive measures imposed on Soleimani pursuant to resolution 2231. Really hard to say assassinated with a serious face.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Not really , very tamed language 

Moscow warned that the killing of Soleimani would boost tensions across the Middle East, calling it “an adventurist step.” The foreign ministry said Soleimani “served the cause of protecting Iran’s national interests with devotion. We express our sincere condolences to the Iranian people.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:
24 minutes ago, rabas said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/france-russia-and-china-condemn-slaying-of-soleimani-as-a-destabilizing-act/

Granted your point, but your references are from the day after. Nikki's comments were today that most everyone is rather quiet. As the ex-ambassador to the United Nations I do trust her view.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well looks like Donald is doing a fine job of recuting new enemies for us as he gets us run out of Iraq he must be jealous of that crowd size tho

New enemies? Was Iran or iraq good friends prior?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RickBradford said:

I suppose it is no surprise that the BBC paraded a conga line of fawning reporters calling Suleimani a "charismatic hero" with "cult status" and lauding his "brave exploits".

They could hardly have been more complimentary if they had been talking about Martin Luther King.

Their scorn was reserved for US "miscalculation" and "rogue adventurism" and even introduced viewers to the "outrage" expressed by .... Hezbollah.

Whereas this guy was responsible for organizing para military and terror groups to murder citizens of countries his country didn't like.

He was a butcher who promoted torture and murder of those his Shia Muslim fanatical government didn't like in an attempt to increase their own power and influence.

Treating these people with condescending kindness or trying to bribe them like Obama and more lately Macron doesn't work. They won't be diverted from what they see is a holy war and see attempts at appeasing them as weakness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BestB said:

New enemies? Was Iran or iraq good friends prior?

Guess he forgot about the Iran / Iraq war that dragged on and on.

Saddam's mistake was invading Kuwait for it's oil. Bush snr's mistake was not taking him out the first time.

Obama's mistake was thinking he could bribe and appease them. 

Trump, for all his issues, was justified in taking this warmongering jackal out. Even Merkel says so.

The only whinging and whining seems to come from left wing liberals, fanatical Shia Muslim organizations, and left wing friendly media.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Crazy Trump, don’t think that everything is over with my father’s martyrdom,” Zeinab Soleimani said in an address broadcast on state television.

Surely  love......its the  will  of alllahhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2