Do you prefer rural or urban Thailand

sipi

Do you prefer rural or urban Thailand  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, GarryP said:

You can only do so much cycling, rowing and fishing. 

And in BKK you can ??     going out to eat,  and  uhhhhhh   thermae ?   I think you're past that,

no?   The ballet ?   hmmmm   

In the country there's fresh air .....oops.    well,  always got our entertainment on TV  ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Im very ambivalent. I spent years in Alaska so it was Mountains and scenery. I had no urban throb.

Now in Bangkok, I have urban throb. Like major throbbing throbbbbbbb.

Next year I may try to do a balance by splitting my time in 3 places to get a bit of everything.

But I might spend all summer in Wyoming/Idaho/Montana so may need throb again next winter.

I wish I could have a car here. 

What's stopping you?

Air pollution aside which has really become an issue in the last 18 months. Urban.

My preference will change immediately when I'm not working but for islands not upcountry. Bangkok always has been a concrete jungle with no beauty. Still, the mountains have always bored me to tears.

Edited by Number 6

I found your first post humorous, especially the part about the countryside being far away from you.  I get it because I never could have imagined myself being a county guy back when I lived in Bangkok.  I have simply found that many things in my life have changed over the years.

17 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Personally I have always preferred the peace and quiet, order and cleanliness of Bangkok. It is also much easier to get around than those pesky country lanes. The only good thing about the countryside is it is far away from me.

Rooster

7 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I know you live in a beautiful place and respect your great experience in Thailand. 

My post is meant to be taken with a sprinkling of Saxa. But I live in a very quiet part of Bangkok though only 250 meters from the new BTS extension. I went on it this evening with my six year old to pick up our pushbikes that were in for repair. We rode the 2kms back on the new pavements zigzagging through the rush hour walkers. I have been in love with Krung Thep since I was 20 and I am sixty next year. It is a love affair I will never get over though my relationship with the city has moved on from the recklessness of the 80s and 90s to a more sedate appreciation of my hometown today.

Rooster

• Like 1