British PM Johnson says the whole country wishes Harry and Meghan the very best

webfact

British PM Johnson says the whole country wishes Harry and Meghan the very best

2020-01-19T150252Z_1_LYNXMPEG0I0K7_RTROPTP_3_BRITAIN-ROYALS-JOHNSON.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks in the Stormont Parliament Buildings in Belfast, Northern Ireland, January 13, 2020. Liam McBurney/Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Sunday said he believed that the whole of Britain would want to wish the very best to Prince Harry and Meghan after they decided to step back from being working members of the monarchy.

"I think the whole country will want to join in wishing them the very best for the future," Johnson told Sky News in Berlin where he is attending a summit on Libya.

"As I said before ... I was sure that the royal family, which has been around a very long time, will find a way forward."

(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper; Editing by David Goodman)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-01-20
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do any of those "journalists" have to be anywhere near her? Or do they make it up in their offices or maybe in a pub?

Are you suggesting the court case is 'made up'?

Even your left wing luvvie rag is reporting on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/15/meghan-duchess-sussex-mail-sunday--case-letter-thomas-father

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you read the part about "breach of copyright, invasion of privacy and misuse of personal data"?

Let me guess, your right wing tabloids didn't mention those little details.

Well let the courts decide, and I can assure you that your leftie luvvie rag will be reporting on it too.

Frankly I find the whole debacle of her and her trashy family infighting most unbecoming for a Royal. As is her hypocritical posturing on climate change while globe trotting on private jets, but each to their own.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Harry for me is the only top geezer out of the entire useless mob, and perhaps a role model for the up yours with 2 fingers brigade. 

The only one worth a light to a candle is The Queen!

The rest I agree are useless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

The only one worth a light to a candle is The Queen!

The rest I agree are useless.

I'd say William and Kate are looking better by the day. I guess that's the one positive to come from all this, the debacle of Harry and Markle has really highlighted what a great job William and Kate are doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

speaking as part of the "country" i wish Harry all the best

and my sympathies, i think we've all been taken by a self serving woman at some time or another.

No way sympathy. I bet you've never paid millions for being taken by a .....etc. Get rid of the lot of them. Even after allegedly going private, they will still cost taxpayers GBP5m a year plus almost another million for security. Waste of money, wastes of space.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Or do they make it up in their offices or maybe in a pub?

Tut, tut. I think forum rules forbit criticism of ....... But I couldn't find the rules. ????

But yes this describes most, if not all, digital nomads?

54 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Squidgy gate, pedo second son, Fergie's cash for access to pedo second son, third son a serial failure, 3 of 4 kids' marriages ending in divorce - but Meghan's behaviour is unbecoming? Frankly, she is a rank amateur when it comes to unbecoming behaviour in that family. 

Ahhh, whataboutism. Classy.

The subject of the thread is Harry and Meghan. There are other threads about the unproven allegations against Andrew. 

Markle is holding her own in terms of poor behaviour, especially when you consider she's only been there for around 18 months. As for divorce, you do know she's already been divorced? You may have to give her a couple more years for the second one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ahhh, whataboutism. Classy.

The subject of the thread is Harry and Meghan. There are other threads about the unproven allegations against Andrew. 

Markle is holding her own in terms of poor behaviour, especially when you consider she's only been there for around 18 months. As for divorce, you do know she's already been divorced? You may have to give her a couple more years for the second one.

It was nothing of the sort. You stated that her behaviour was unbecoming a royal so I pointed out only a few of the multiple examples of how tawdry, cheap and tacky the behavious of our royals actually is. They are very far from paragons of virtue or doyens of class. Look to Denmark or Holland if you want to see classy royals; look to Britain if you want to see self entitled, self aggrandising, spoilt leeches.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Given the behaviour of the Royals over the many years before Meghan even arrived, we probably need a manual to guide us as to what is now considered unbecoming for them. Free instructions on driving for the over 80s included.

You mean like dressing as a Nazi and playing strip billiards? 

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It was nothing of the sort. You stated that her behaviour was unbecoming a royal so I pointed out only a few of the multiple examples of how tawdry, cheap and tacky the behavious of our royals actually is. They are very far from paragons of virtue or doyens of class. Look to Denmark or Holland if you want to see classy royals; look to Britain if you want to see self entitled, self aggrandising, spoilt leeches.

No, I criticized Markle and you responded "what about so and so". It was pretty much the definition of whataboutism. As I said, there is a thread for Andrew, and whatever he may or may not have done does not excuse Markle's behaviour.

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You mean like dressing as a Nazi and playing strip billiards? 

Indeed, or suggesting that you would like to replace an item of sanitary wear belonging to the married woman you were having an affair with and thus betraying your wife. 

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Hard to put it better.

".....Whole debacle of her and her trashy family infighting most unbecoming for a Royal."

as JohnnyF said.

Oh absolutely old chap, jolly dee, what ho, most unbecoming indeed. That's the problem when you let those common foreign wallahs into our sacred royal family, standards dashed hard to maintain eh what! Touch of the tar brush also if I'm not mistaken. 

Given the behaviour of the Royals over the many years before Meghan even arrived, we probably need a manual to guide us as to what is now considered unbecoming for them. Free instructions on driving for the over 80s included.

Some fair points being made here.Still to be fair it's worth acknowledging the efforts made by the Queen and Prince Charles to welcome Meghan and their efforts to make her feel at home.I'm not sure the same can be said of William and Kate - in fact I'm sure it can't. I can just imagine the polite coolness they adopted barely masking the rudeness.

Edited by jayboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spinner2020 said:

No way sympathy. I bet you've never paid millions for being taken by a .....etc. Get rid of the lot of them. Even after allegedly going private, they will still cost taxpayers GBP5m a year plus almost another million for security. Waste of money, wastes of space.

Can you put in a link to where you say "they will still cost taxpayers GBP5m a year plus almost another million for security"?

54 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

deleted post.