Full force of Thai immigration descends on little old lady trying to make ends meet

webfact

1 hour ago, Denim said:

What kind of a snitch would grass up an old lady ?

Then again , snitches are scum the world over .

i'd guess the old lady is just collateral damage, snitch probably didn't even know she was there.

there were likely a fair number of illegal workers on site, reported by someone who had a beef with the owner or builder.

other workers on site likely had advance warning of the raid.  but then after all the preparations and the big event, immigration couldn't go away empty handed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Getting more like former E Germany,and N.Korea every day.

regards Worgeordie

I've lived here for 10 years, and the way they have dealt with this virus outbreak has been the final nail in the coffin for me. The increasing waste of immigration manpower, resources and money on catching people like the old lady in this story, is also something that has driven me away. Things have changed a lot in the last decade, and I assume that after this outbreak has come to pass, Thailand is going to be utterly crippled. I'm out within the next week 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

11individuals clambering for a photo op with a little old lady ! These people should be ashamed.

The press/media should not pay them any attention at all !

Oh, they should and absoutely ridicule them for their monkey show

May be after losing face big time they will begin to understand - and avoid the public in the future

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

She broke the law illegally working in Thailand. What is it you don,t understand? Small or big crimes Thai Immigration if you agree with the polices is doing their jobs. Are you more concerned it might be you next for doing something illegal?

Yes.

So many do not get it.  Broken windows theory and where do you draw the line?

• Sad 1

Any way to help this old lady? Is there any way to donate or something?

Yes, they all the right to arrest and deport illegals but the way this was done is pathetic. Spared no expense catching this old lady..  There should be the drug pushers and other criminals that should have the priority not to mention the corona virus. Anyways, this is Thailand but a lot worse times are coming as tourism is drying up.

Edited by FinChin67
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Docno said:

Yes, this was enforcement overkill

Yes, there are worse 'criminals' running about free at the moment

Yes, this woman needs to be treated with more dignity

Yes, the person(s) who hired her need to be held accountable also

Yes, nobody should be paid such rates for working such hours

But, yes, illegal immigration is called 'illegal' for a reason, no matter who is violating the law... and this "little old lady" probably knew very well she was breaking the law.   

Her employer probably left her no choice and this poor woman was breaking the law employed by a Thai for 300฿ per day so she was mainly trying to survive.