Credit card debt

On 2/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, Don Mega said:

I wonder if the GF is telling porky pies...???

I suspect this is leading up to Daddy Farang being asked to bail her out..... Hasta la vista babe.

If she is a Hiso, how come rich Thai Daddy Hiso is not bank rolling her? There are a lot of these playgirls living around Soi Thonglor and shopping at Emporium and Siam Paragon on the plastic.

Thais are Materialistic Buddhists (now there's a contradiction). Like a kid in a candy store, Thai immaturity and greed causes em to want everything they see and they will not save or wait, they want it now! Many of them live off the plastic, getting into a right mess. When the next economic crash comes, you will see so many so called Hiso's Mercedes for sale it will make your eyes water.

Stick with the up country farm girls, the most it will cost you is a vets bill for a sick buffalo.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 10:14 PM, bkk6060 said:

The CC company will take you to court.

They will take all her property from her.  Car, land, whatever.

OMG, at least in the US we are safe. They can only put a lien on you property, bank account (for the amount owed only) or ganish your wage. Average house hold credit card debt in the US is $16K

Edited by Vascoda

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

1.  Eventually the bank will arrange for a debt collection agency to chase the outstanding, taking of personal possessions can only happen legally after a court order.

2.  No, the debt does not pass on to anyone else, unless there was a co-signer acting as a guarantor who will be asked to repay the outstanding.

3.  No.

Post #71 and finally and answer to the questions.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Onrai said:

I agree that something or everything doesn’t make sense. She makes $US 1,160- 1,333 and they give her a credit card with a limit of$US 20,000.  I have a credit score of 825, generally considered excellent, and I have never been offered  $20,000 limit credit card. I don’t think the banks and the credit card companies are naive, so why would they give her just a generous limit in the first place? Something doesn’t add up.

Are we in America, last time i went out here i used THB.

Interesting.....

It doesn't matter if they are hi-so or low-so!   borrowing keeping up with the jones is a " disease " just like drugs. Put that with zero education without simple finance education. Credit comes so easy in Thailand because it is white collar way of extortion with the rates that needs be paid. If she can't figure it out as noted run for the hills because it is just the beginning and she is only a GF!  

You are lucky you know about it now!  

• Haha 1

Obviously Thailand needs a basic finance class in the HS curriculum.   I would worry she hasn't told you a out all the debt.  One thai gal I know 3 million in debt but insists she wont burdon the man but how can any decent man  let a partner continue to waste so much in interest.  But it would be quite risky to pay it off not knowing how long the relationship would  last.  

my ex was the same she was only 28 and had 500k of credit card debt BEFORE we broke up and she went to Australia for a 3 month holiday, stayed with friends but put everything on the credit card. When she came back she wanted to get back together but I said we should just be friends lol. It's only a matter of time until she starts asking you to pay it off for her...get out now!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Onrai said:

I agree that something or everything doesn’t make sense. She makes $US 1,160- 1,333 and they give her a credit card with a limit of$US 20,000.  I have a credit score of 825, generally considered excellent, and I have never been offered  $20,000 limit credit card. I don’t think the banks and the credit card companies are naive, so why would they give her just a generous limit in the first place? Something doesn’t add up.

very normal here, my ex only used to earn 30k thb month and had 500k thb credit card debt and she had just got another credit card before we broke up. Not the same as the west here...

11 hours ago, Don Mega said:

My platinum (K bank) is a fair chunk more than that.

I have a platinum card and a premier card with Kasikorn Bank. 

Both these cards came with 200k limit. 

I don't understand how a Thai on an average monthly income can have a credit card with a 500k limit 

Has this debt accumulated on just the 1 card? 

If I would be you I would consider taking huge steps - in the other direction. She is not worried about it and cannot realize, that she's feeding the bank/credit card issuer with exorbitant fees and interest rates.

You can paint a penguin green but it still is a penguin; do you honestly think that anything will change in your common future? As said, disappear into thin air soonest possible, everything else is financial suicide on your side. You've been warned - the writing is on the wall to stay ???? 

22 hours ago, eggers said:

Guess the choice is yours whether stay or go?? 

Happens all around the globe, people don't know how to handle debt, u either take a sympathetic approach & help her out or simply walk away & leave her w/ her problem...that's your choices as I see it!

I agree with this post.

Its all about the context of it.  Hopefully she can tell you the truth of it.

Its completely different if it was blown on doing cash advances (yes bloody crazy, but people do it!) then spending on misc. stuff.

Or was it used on something necessary or unfortunate accident, etc..

28 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you stalking me?

I can't have a wife and gf? or must i check with you 1st?

Wife and gf totally normal here sunshine.

I live with my gf, and my former wife sneaks round for sex when the gfs out.

I always do everything backwards.

Neither of them has any CC debt, even the Thai banks aren't daft enough to lend those two money.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Are you stalking me?

I can't have a wife and gf? or must i check with you 1st?

Wife and gf totally normal here sunshine.

Just did a search on your name to see if you had commented on your topic and there it was jumping out at me. Good luck to you if you have a wife and a mia noi, personally I think you are lying through your teeth about the whole thing.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 11:14 AM, bkk6060 said:

Not unusual here.

Especially the Hiso Bangkok hotties who have "normal" jobs.

Big debt.

It is Civil and commission law.

The CC company will take you to court.

They will take all her property from her.  Car, land, whatever.

And, she cannot get another loan or credit card.

There is something in the statue about going to jail but I believe that is rarely enforced.

Just to add from my experience a guy may be better off with a village girl.

I know some brag about the Hiso types with good jobs but they always from my experience, bring their own issues.  Wanting to be western.

Simplicity in your choices here in this area I think is a better decision.

30-40K isn't a good job and certainly not HiSo

On 2/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, HashBrownHarry said:
On 2/3/2020 at 6:41 PM, Onrai said:

Are we in America, last time i went out here i used THB.

Interesting.....

I wondered the same as Onrai.  Credit cards are unsecured loans and it's rather surprising that your GF would have 560k+ credit limit. 

By the way, what has your GF been spending all that money on?  Surely you've asked. 

15 hours ago, jimn said:

Just did a search on your name to see if you had commented on your topic and there it was jumping out at me. Good luck to you if you have a wife and a mia noi, personally I think you are lying through your teeth about the whole thing.

Personally i don't care what you think.

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I wondered the same as Onrai.  Credit cards are unsecured loans and it's rather surprising that your GF would have 560k+ credit limit. 

By the way, what has your GF been spending all that money on?  Surely you've asked. 

Yeah, it's been spent on thai bf / gambling debts and an alcohol and substance addiction.